Sign in to follow this  
Ori

Ground pvp, exploits and aimbots - The reason the game will die.

So i'm quiting the game.. and i imagine a shit load more will be quiting soon after.. but i would like to share with the devs, if you all even read this, on why large amounts of people are quiting the game. 

Boats -- The new system is cool, but has serious draw backs...  Draw back one - It pigeon holes you into making "stock" boats with high defense/attk.. so it throws out the creativity of the previous build.. maybe you wanted that?  HUGE draw back #2 however is far more game breaking... Max defense boats completely invalidate static defenses or any kind of ground defense... it can take literally 50 mortars to kill a full defense suicide galley that crashes into your harbor weilding medium cannons and 3k cannon balls... it wil sink most of your boats before you can stop it.

Ground pvp - Pure proof, that no dev ever has played this game.... Mythical and legandary armor sets with + to HP are absolutely game breaking.. (players with 500-800HP).. Groups like team casualty fully exploit this and are actively trying to kill your game with it...  I've watched as a guy stood completely still in front of a PUCKLE TOWER... i repeat...  TOWER.. not one or 2 puckles but like 10 at least... all firing into this guys face.. and he simply tanked it.. tossed some nades at the tower and completely invalidated it...   people wearing mythical plate can take shots from high end carbines and it does maybe 30 damage at best.. and when you add in spec'ed med kits.. You get invincible dudes who can ignore your defenses, and spam global with their toxic rhetoric about how good at the game they are.... because obviously walking around with what is basically the equivalent of god mode on, means you have mad skillz... This kind of game play ensures that the moment a company gets wiped by a hoard of next to immortal players... 90% of the defenders get salty and quit the game....i mean i wont lie... even the FAIR ground pvp is bad in this game... But you add in 100 people with legendary /mythic gear, and you get players going "I'd rather play farmville..."   If you focused on making the ground  pvp balanced and FUN, then last stands would actually be fun and motivate people to just start a new base instead of uninstalling your game.

Exploits and cheating  -- This kind of crap isn't punished harshly enough..... Tons of people exploited using the level glitch to get to insane levels... and you nerfed them to 100... THAT IS A REWARD NOT A PUNISHMENT ... At no point should exploits be tolerated , each and every person who used that exploit should have been driven back to level 1.... There are still plenty of exploited boats being used with stacked cannons/sails .  You made it where the gunports dont open... Yet can be manually opened by players....meaning people still use it.... I have literally lost count of how many aimbotters and flying bears/animals ive ran into.. killing people just to have them teleport back to you and drop grenades everywhere....You want examples? Just watch closely at literally ANY team casualty raid.... they dont even attempt to hide it..  they literally use BAILING BOTS on their boats... we boarded the suicide galleon that attacked our harbor, and it had no less then 8 bailing bots that were completely unresponsive to getting attacked, they just sat there bailing water in unison ..This should be your first priority... not adding new content, not balancing current crap game play mechanics... it should be 10000000% focused on getting rid of hacks.. because news flash gentlemen... NOTHING MAKES PLAYERS QUIT A GAME FASTER THEN HACKERS.... I mean why the hell spend --any-- amount of time playing a game like this when its over-run with cheaters and exploiters... No one cares that its early access... if anything, now is the perfect time to spend alot of time on getting rid of hackers and exploits... you are under the misconception that people are quiting your game over lack of content... That isn't the case... you could add 6000 hours of content to the game but if you allow hackers and exploits to continue to exist... No one gives a damn.. Its not worth playing.

Edited by Ori
  • Like 6

i agree with u.. and the content they are introducing no one is asking for... every1 want them to fix melee combat,fix ships, and introduce new ships,weapons and gadgets made for piracy… yet they introduce sail skins even though sails is bugged and doesnt work properly… and new tames… every1 on the pvp servers dont want new tames most want the big tames removed and only have stuff like cows and chickens... usefull tames not tames which are directly op in combat and therefor is the meta… but to be honest im afraid its too late to fix this game... ppl gave it a shot after the mega wipe but they keep on introducing lame shit and dont fix what is broken… hell they didnt even give us the freaking cosmetic hat for staying after the wipe as promised…. the next couple of months alot of new and more interesting games is getting released so im pretty sure ppl will just leave and only return when it gets fully release too see if its still just ark 2,0 if they are going to return at all... i played this over 1000 hours and im sad to leave the game but atm im really debating with myself if its worth keep playing cus obvisly they focus more on tames than piracy and all i wanted from this game was pirate stuff… i guess its back to Sea of Thieves the devs atleast listen to their players there….

Edited by Ducimus
  • Like 1

So you are quitting because another company got the ability to farm more Ships of the Damned, do more treasure maps, and collect 6 of all materials to craft the best gear possible?

This is no different then being attacked by a nuke in Civ while you still using arrows, and your best bet is abandon island and find a new one.

However, I do agree that ship stating is bland, if you want a good boat, you focus your points into this or that.

And yes, cheaters and exploiters should be straight up banned.

37 minutes ago, Hakaisha89 said:

So you are quitting because another company got the ability to farm more Ships of the Damned, do more treasure maps, and collect 6 of all materials to craft the best gear possible?

This is no different then being attacked by a nuke in Civ while you still using arrows, and your best bet is abandon island and find a new one.

However, I do agree that ship stating is bland, if you want a good boat, you focus your points into this or that.

And yes, cheaters and exploiters should be straight up banned.

The problem is that established players have such an insane advantage over new players. Just look at lawless, if you build a house there its offline raided the next day. It is way to hard for new players to establish themself and the current playerbase is slowly leaving. Theres of dozens of issues the devs won't adress because giving us 20 hours of pve locked content and 2 tames noone haved asked for is a higher priority.

So to sum up, players are leaving and noone is joining. #howtokillagame

That is always how it's been in these types of games, same is true for any other online game, I mean would you complain about "established players having an insane advantage over new players" in games like Eve Online? Final Fantasy XIV? World of Warcraft? Ark? Rust?

The reason people are leaving is because it's all about building your base, if you attack someone you might get wiped, so you dont, you bunker down, farm for nothing do nothing get bored and leave.

I do breeding, i do farming mats, i farm food, i tame animals, i build buildings, build defenses, harbours, bases, ships of all sort. I go out for treasure maps, i go out for quests, i go out for power stones and power essences, I go out for the kraken, i go out to fight ships of the damned, i go out to have some friendly pvp, I go out and have my ship sunk, i go out and farm materials not native to my island so i can craft powerfull blueprinted gear and equipment.

I mean, if you do not play the game, then you will get Bored of it and leave.

If bases where harder to attack, if ship pvp gave you more, then heck yeah, if I could farm 6 types of materials and mythos from sinking some guys mythical ship, then I would instantly craft a fleet that would destroy it.

If sailing was more rewarding, and your base could stay safe, then all would be gucchi.

32 minutes ago, Pant said:

Just look at lawless, if you build a house there its offline raided the next day.

Easy, get on an claimed island and be save(r).
Even better, get on a claimed island and negotiate with the good owner and other good inhabitants for mutual defense - added bonus is helping each other in other aspects of the game...

That is why I advocate to get rid of lawless all together - some people need to be forced into the water to swim, before they die of thirst in the desert they don't want to leave for their own good.

Funny that currently all of the complains about the claim system is only from lawless...

Added bonus of no lawless = more islands to claim...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hakaisha89 said:

That is always how it's been in these types of games, same is true for any other online game, I mean would you complain about "established players having an insane advantage over new players" in games like Eve Online? Final Fantasy XIV? World of Warcraft? Ark? Rust?

The reason people are leaving is because it's all about building your base, if you attack someone you might get wiped, so you dont, you bunker down, farm for nothing do nothing get bored and leave.

I do breeding, i do farming mats, i farm food, i tame animals, i build buildings, build defenses, harbours, bases, ships of all sort. I go out for treasure maps, i go out for quests, i go out for power stones and power essences, I go out for the kraken, i go out to fight ships of the damned, i go out to have some friendly pvp, I go out and have my ship sunk, i go out and farm materials not native to my island so i can craft powerfull blueprinted gear and equipment.

I mean, if you do not play the game, then you will get Bored of it and leave.

If bases where harder to attack, if ship pvp gave you more, then heck yeah, if I could farm 6 types of materials and mythos from sinking some guys mythical ship, then I would instantly craft a fleet that would destroy it.

If sailing was more rewarding, and your base could stay safe, then all would be gucchi.

Ah I understand all the players leave the game just play it wrong ...

7 hours ago, Hakaisha89 said:

That is always how it's been in these types of games, same is true for any other online game, I mean would you complain about "established players having an insane advantage over new players" in games like Eve Online?

Not at all, In eve online you could train up to become the perfect pilot in matter of hours with skill injectors or spend a few weeks becoming a perfect frig pilot and you would be on par with any other 10+ year vet. Only advantage they would have over you is diversity of ships and money to replace them.

7 hours ago, Hakaisha89 said:

Well thank god your little pve bubble is ok now I can sleep at night thank you for that.

On 6/20/2019 at 8:39 AM, Ori said:

So i'm quiting the game.. and i imagine a shit load more will be quiting soon after.. but i would like to share with the devs, if you all even read this, on why large amounts of people are quiting the game...

clap.gif

Edited by Kast
  • Like 1

Total agree with the OP, static defences suck, nothing stop a suicide gally to come inside your port and destroy everything. Morters and Puckles purple are a joke against 300% resistance ships and guys with 800 hp.  Now they made army of the damned immune to swivels. So only with perfect bears will be possible to do mastercraft maps or journeymen. So you need more bears to do the damage you did before the nerf of swivels bears, and this bears have to be breaded bears or they will be obliterated or you will not have enough DPS to kill them before they go into the ground and recover full HP. 

Making it more difficult to do maps because sailing 10 grids away to do a mastercraft map wasn't boring enough. Let's make them waste more time doing the map, "make them farm more gold and invest more time for defense NPCs that fail to do their job. They will love it."

Edited by Emanuel a
  • Like 2