Sign in to follow this  
Dollie

Captain's Log #32 - Blackwood Update, Singleplayer Mode, and Mega Update 3!

i think if they also add local multiplayer and more ships this game has the potential to be more successful than ark.
really hope for local multiplayer and mod support so i can play with friends like i did in ark.

im fine with them adding skins for now, its the best way to get the models into the game without affecting the balance every time they add something. once the models are in the game it is much easier to make a large redesign of sailing or armors and the economics and make those models into separat objects with their own mechanic and stats.
for example if you want to include different materials resulting into different sails or ship hulls with different stats and effects you need those objects made first. i guess no one complaining its not getting better fast enough would be content to wait months without anything until the bigger redesigns and improvements are done.

i guess fixing of ships and sailing goes hand in hand with adding more ships and sails, its hard to fix something when you can only see half of it.

• Like 2

Grapeshot, please stop adding in things that none of your fans have been requesting and address the current and older bugs and broken game mechanics first.

Here is a list of what I have experienced since launch and would love to see addressed:

• There needs to be a more defensive option for players when protecting their bases. Currently, the NPC system is very inefficient. NPC units require too much food, ammo, and coins. It is too much upkeep for most smaller and solo companies. I suggest that the AI units have a one-time gold cost to recruit and then only require an upkeep cost of food and ammo. AI units should not be invulnerable to damage. Instead, I suggest setting base values for their damage, stats, hit points, and armor rating. This would allow players, to further enhance their AI units by crafting better armors, weapons for them to equip and cook recipes to increase their stats. AI units should actually have meaningful combat capabilities in melee combat just like players do.
  • Construction blueprints need more diversity and interesting components to allow for more elaborate and functional constructions.
  • Player armor and weapons are too limited. How about adding more unique costumes that cover aspects such as robes, cloaks, helms, and hats. Currently, there is no uniqueness as everyone looks exactly the same. It is unimaginative and boring!
  • The boats from offline players should not be able to be stolen or sinkable or at the very least their timers and hit points should greatly be increased. Currently, a sloop can be stolen before many people can even wake up from sleep or get off from work.
  • The Cyclones are not acceptable. They behave like heat sinking missiles, stick on you like glue, always move into your path so you cannot steer clear of them, and they perpetually re-form themselves to envelop your ship. This makes them extremely unrealistic and the damage they inflict too great and I have lost so many sloops to them it is not even funny.
  • The lions and wolves are too unrealistic in their behavior, making them erratic and extremely difficult to deal with up close. Arrow and bullets tend to miss them despite the fact that the shots were solid hits and despite that the arrows are still lodged deep into their head. Their movement is very unnatural and very erratic. Instead of a realistic jump, they actually defy physics and logic and seem to fly/teleport to their prey instead.
  • Ships need fewer restrictions for building upon. Maybe add more ship specific additions or remove the current build restrictions that prevent player structures from going too high or wider than the ship. This will add greater diversity in ship appearances and functionality and ultimately enrich ship to ship skirmishes. It would also allow players the ability to create floating cities.
  • Please remove the mini-games for all actions and implement a standard timer. Reloading, foraging, and repairing is painful and distracting while we are focusing on combat encounters and these mini-games don’t even make sense as IF we already possess the knowledge to perform the action then we don’t need a silly game to apply it. Cannons and swivel guns do not require a mini-game to reload so why do many of the other actions require them? Leave the mini-game bull crap for the crappy mobile games…
  • Bows need to have a boost to their damage as guns are more overpowering, rendering using bows extremely unbalanced.
  • The Archery tree for "Strong Arm" shot does not actually enhance the bow's damage output as it describes. Invested points in the tier do not add any more damage than bows would deal without the invested points.
  • Brawling is extremely useless. The brass knuckles have too little durability, so after every combat encounter, they are always broken and require immediate repair. Brass knuckles also do very little damage. I recommend that you either increase their damage output or the amount of torpidity that they can deliver. The latter would be most interesting for PVP encounters.
  • Skill trees should require more investment in points to reach best-tiered skills. This way players need to be more dedicated to their particular spec and will end up feeling more unique with their build’s choices. Currently, the meta is the "jack-of-all-trades" and as a result, all player characters feel the same. This is boring!
  • The skill trees also require a little overhaul or some tender-loving-care:
  • Concerning the Archery skill: "Strong Arm" is not working correctly. I have tried both with 0 points invested and with the maximum points into the highest tier and my archery shots still seem to produce the same damage results even in their usual critical shot locations are the same values.
  • Concerning the Music and Dance tree: The skill descriptions and lack of information about this entire skill line make this tree a complete mystery to most players. These songs and dances don’t add much to the game to be worth their point investment. I’d recommend redesigning these to be more useful to players.
  • Concerning Brass knuckles: Since hand to hand combat uses both fists in rapid succession, the durability drops extremely too fast during just one or two combative encounters. Additionally, their damage output is not really on par with the other melee weapons to be a viable combat option. Could you consider increasing the brass knuckle's durability and damage output?
  • There does not seem to be any skill to increase character movement speed. Do you have plans or will you consider implementing a skill to increase character movement speed by chance? Maybe it could fall under the Survivalism tree or Music and Dance tree as a Bard-Song-Effect?
  • Stealth from the Beastmaster tree needs to be re-coded to allow the player to become invisible from aggressive creatures. Right now, there is NO difference in the line-of-sight radius with predators. They always aggro just the same.
  • Throwing knives need an increase to their damage output and their crafting cost requires a rebalance. As a consumable, they are too expensive and deal too little damage to be worth their current investment. Maybe add a skill to the skill tree to enhance their damage and range or make the throwing knives dual-wieldable, or better yet, implement a secondary attack. One that does melee damage instead of just their ranged attack, which would end up consuming them completely.
  • We already have to throw knives, bows, and guns, why do we have spears in the game? They are not evenly balanced in comparison to the rest of the weapons and they receive no beneficial enhancements from any of the skill trees. They just seem either out of place or require some sort of enhancement within one of the skill trees.
  • Please increase the diving suit's visibility as the visibility is so cumbersome to be viable. Please lower the aggro radius for the dive suit as the new Shark AI enhancement has made them impossible to deal with while wearing the suit.
  • The food recipes should provide more unique and beneficial effects. They should also have effects that may cater to solo-players too.
  • Would be nice to see a skill tree option to dual-wield swords.
  • Would be nice to see a skill for climbing. Increases a players’ ability to scale steep inclines, trees, and ascend up the zip lines.
  • Could you consider adding in “foundation clipping” or a method to excavate and level out a plot of land so that ALL of the foundations may be placed down evenly?
  • Maybe consider allowing players the ability to dig tunnels and caverns to build within?
  • How about adding in a structure that allows for air pockets so we can build underwater structures?
  • Could you maybe add in tripwires, stringed cans as alarms, punji sticks, shotgun and string tied to the trigger traps, hanging log trap, quicksand, human snares, deep pits, or even flammable pits?
  • While on a wooden ladder looking up, the player is unable to close the trapdoor to their hatch frame, but if that wooden ladder were to be replaced with a rope ladder, they are then able to. (This seems like an unintentional bug).
  • The Tool, "Grappling Hook" does not expend any stamina to use. Characters can climb, swing, and hold on to it all day long without losing any stamina.
  • Characters can move at sprint velocity while draining very little stamina in a series of well-timed "Bunny-hops" around the map. Using this technique, one could bunny-hop across an entire island without draining the normally intended stamina sprinting the very same distance would have required.
  • The Survival skill, "Water Swimming Speed" has been rendered useless as the SHARK'S behavior has been recently tweaked to NEVER stop their chase and they now swim Faster than maximum points invested into this skill. (Used to be fine before the recent shark changes).
  • Would be nice to see a skill for stealth vs humans.
  • Would be nice to see a skill for higher and longer leaps.
  • Would be nice to see a skill for damage mitigation or hit avoidance, such as parry, deflect, or dodge.
  • Would be nice to see a skill added to create and bait our weapon tips with a poison of some type, such as a debilitating or deadly poisons.
  • Please add in parachutes, so I can stop taking advantage of grappling the ground and jumping down safely from great heights as this does not seem right!
  • The paint palettes should consist of actual colors from objects within the game such as rocks, grass, lakes, dirt, trees, and leaves. The current color pallet available does not allow for adequate camouflage. The color palette is very limited in scope and does not provide logical colors that match any of the game's surrounding environmental palettes. Also, most structures and materials will NOT reflect the suggested color and often times they seem to change once applied or do nothing at all to alter their appearance!
  • Freeports should allow players to tame. This allows a safe learning environment for noob players to learn how to tame and to actually tame their first mount.
  • The saddles for players' tamed creatures need to provide an armor value or there should be options to craft armored barding that will.
  • Beds should be placeable underwater. It provides more building and tactical opportunities. Spawning into a bed underwater still suffers from the obvious oxygen deprivation, so the player cannot just live underwater indefinitely anyways.
  • The game really needs a more durable structure with increased hit points or damage resistance for storing player valuables, such as a metal vault or a heavily reinforced strongbox. Maybe you could consider adding a skill tree option to bury treasure?
  • The game is perfect currently without a bunch of tamable flyers soaring all over the place but maybe you might also consider adding in a few creatures that can jump or climb up natural objects like trees, sheer cliff walls, and steep mountain inclines?
  • Where are all of the castable magic spells that the trailer and official game description eluded to? The Tarot skill tree?
  • The game needs more diversity in wildlife. Currently, almost every zone has the same usual creatures and tend to look and behave artificially. Creatures and their environment need to feel like they would in their natural habitat.
  • Could you add in more AI units like AI pirates in their own AI towns with their own structures and defenses? How about creating a lot more unique locations and dungeon encounters using lots of different beasties such as ghosts, skeletons, zombies, humans, dogs, slimes, kobolds, orcs, meremen, and goblins to name a few. Don't make all of the dungeon encounters the same way.

Well, good luck with these suggestions and I hope that you guys can manage to turn this game around and get back all of the playerbase ATLAS has already lost. Thank you.

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1

Finally single player mode 😍

I will lose everything soon because my VGA stopped working but the Single Player mode made me happy.

Hello, I am Falco French player on server PVP EU.
First and foremost thanks for the great work done every day!
This game is like the game of my life, fantastic. But I have concerns for the future. The population is disappearing.
The game is very poorly rated while it is not judged to its value. To you and to us the community to cheer up this game with everyone!
Then know that I and many people are willing to reinvest money in this game if it can help the sustainable development of this one.
But please, privileged a world of pirate!
More boats! More maritime battles !!!
We get down the balls of animals! If we want some we will play ARK!

• Like 1

This game is in dire need of additional ship types, a rework of the "endgame content", use of NPCs (resource gathering, etc) and bug fixing. Not cats, more skins, more islands and tames.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PQQT said:

DITTO THAT, Have you seen the amount of players on Atlas compared to ARK, the game is dying and I love it so much (<3 the game not that its dying) . If they don't do something soon they are gonna lose even their most dedicated players/fans. I mean unless they wanna push everyone to another pirate game that wont be named. hehe

Single player mode cool, u made like 100 people happy, now how bout the other 88% of your community?

1000 s of players Happy more like, you should look up the facks before to talk or maybe just dont talk.

On 6/19/2019 at 12:26 PM, Dollie said:

While generally a solitary creature, it seeks out the assistance from its kin when in danger. A few daring adventurers have yearned to saddle this beautiful marine equine, however, due to its hostile nature when disturbed, it has been an impossible task.

I am not so sure that the new Sea Horse is a tamable creature as the quote states, how a few adventurers have tried to tame one but it is "an impossible task". We need clarification, Grapeshot...

Edited by vaylain

Game needs two new boats.

It needs something like a sailboard that we can us to get between islands (and carry in inventory), and it needs something between brig and galleon that also uses large planks.

Something between sloop and schooner would also be nice for a 2nd small plank boat.

Most importantly the golden age areas need complete overhaul/re-balance. These should be areas where people go to pvp/pve and try to hoard it all on a boat, dying re-spawning nearby and getting back in the action. This should get you guns, gold, mythos, blueprints etc.

I would suggest you take a tank/dps/healer approach to the game with 4th "roles" being captain and crater or breeder etc.

Oh and thanks for nothing on this update.

A shit-tame and some sail-skins. Yeah, linking this in social media will convince my friends to come back and will not further alienate disillusioned players from your game.

Seriously does Wildcard even play their own games?

Edited by Bleakwise

7 hours ago, Bleakwise said:

Oh and thanks for nothing on this update.

A shit-tame and some sail-skins. Yeah, linking this in social media will convince my friends to come back and will not further alienate disillusioned players from your game.

Seriously does Wildcard even play their own games?

You need to read, they didn't mention any tamable creatures

While I agree they need to fix a lot of the bugs and balance issues and solve some of the QOL issues, from reading these comments people don't understand how studios work. So if you're complaining about ____ being added and ____ not being fixed, know that studios have multiple groups of devs working on a game.. not all have knowledge on all parts of the game. They have teams assigned to cosmetics, skins, etc. They have teams assigned to bug fixes, they have teams assigned to new features, etc. It is not like 5 guys sitting around doing all of it. It's like the stupid argument that doctors needs to quit working on one thing and focus on what they want.. or scientists need to quit studying something they think is stupid and all study something else.. not everybody has a major in the same field.. you can't ask a geologist to fix global warming. It doesn't work like this and game studios are very similar. Let them know about their bugs, but that doesn't mean it affects their other teams.

One of my biggest complaints is the travel time in this game. Resources are spread so far apart that you have to sail for 2-3 hours to get something, not counting time to actually do what you're wanting. Many of us can't dedicate 5-6 hours to play. Faster ways to travel or a more efficient island pattern would make life a lot easier. It's one thing I look forward to in single player, hopefully having smaller maps or mods to have faster boats. I really hope you guys add local hosting. If you're adding single player back, it seems like a logical thing to do.. it was in the game when they started with the Ark foundation. I don't think the core of the game has changed enough that it wouldn't work.

Pingpipe is a hosting service that uses bad arts, tricks or traps, inflates prices or hides them, that is, uses anything to get customers. Thousands of people and small businesses are affected, not only costs one eye maintenance but also charges for each modification.

Edited by funnypets

On 6/21/2019 at 3:45 AM, vaylain said:

Grapeshot, please stop adding in things that none of your fans have been requesting and address the current and older bugs and broken game mechanics first.

Here is a list of what I have experienced since launch and would love to see addressed:

• There needs to be a more defensive option for players when protecting their bases. Currently, the NPC system is very inefficient. NPC units require too much food, ammo, and coins. It is too much upkeep for most smaller and solo companies. I suggest that the AI units have a one-time gold cost to recruit and then only require an upkeep cost of food and ammo. AI units should not be invulnerable to damage. Instead, I suggest setting base values for their damage, stats, hit points, and armor rating. This would allow players, to further enhance their AI units by crafting better armors, weapons for them to equip and cook recipes to increase their stats. AI units should actually have meaningful combat capabilities in melee combat just like players do.
  • Construction blueprints need more diversity and interesting components to allow for more elaborate and functional constructions.
  • Player armor and weapons are too limited. How about adding more unique costumes that cover aspects such as robes, cloaks, helms, and hats. Currently, there is no uniqueness as everyone looks exactly the same. It is unimaginative and boring!
  • The boats from offline players should not be able to be stolen or sinkable or at the very least their timers and hit points should greatly be increased. Currently, a sloop can be stolen before many people can even wake up from sleep or get off from work.
  • The Cyclones are not acceptable. They behave like heat sinking missiles, stick on you like glue, always move into your path so you cannot steer clear of them, and they perpetually re-form themselves to envelop your ship. This makes them extremely unrealistic and the damage they inflict too great and I have lost so many sloops to them it is not even funny.
  • The lions and wolves are too unrealistic in their behavior, making them erratic and extremely difficult to deal with up close. Arrow and bullets tend to miss them despite the fact that the shots were solid hits and despite that the arrows are still lodged deep into their head. Their movement is very unnatural and very erratic. Instead of a realistic jump, they actually defy physics and logic and seem to fly/teleport to their prey instead.
  • Ships need fewer restrictions for building upon. Maybe add more ship specific additions or remove the current build restrictions that prevent player structures from going too high or wider than the ship. This will add greater diversity in ship appearances and functionality and ultimately enrich ship to ship skirmishes. It would also allow players the ability to create floating cities.
  • Please remove the mini-games for all actions and implement a standard timer. Reloading, foraging, and repairing is painful and distracting while we are focusing on combat encounters and these mini-games don’t even make sense as IF we already possess the knowledge to perform the action then we don’t need a silly game to apply it. Cannons and swivel guns do not require a mini-game to reload so why do many of the other actions require them? Leave the mini-game bull crap for the crappy mobile games…
  • Bows need to have a boost to their damage as guns are more overpowering, rendering using bows extremely unbalanced.
  • The Archery tree for "Strong Arm" shot does not actually enhance the bow's damage output as it describes. Invested points in the tier do not add any more damage than bows would deal without the invested points.
  • Brawling is extremely useless. The brass knuckles have too little durability, so after every combat encounter, they are always broken and require immediate repair. Brass knuckles also do very little damage. I recommend that you either increase their damage output or the amount of torpidity that they can deliver. The latter would be most interesting for PVP encounters.
  • Skill trees should require more investment in points to reach best-tiered skills. This way players need to be more dedicated to their particular spec and will end up feeling more unique with their build’s choices. Currently, the meta is the "jack-of-all-trades" and as a result, all player characters feel the same. This is boring!
  • The skill trees also require a little overhaul or some tender-loving-care:
  • Concerning the Archery skill: "Strong Arm" is not working correctly. I have tried both with 0 points invested and with the maximum points into the highest tier and my archery shots still seem to produce the same damage results even in their usual critical shot locations are the same values.
  • Concerning the Music and Dance tree: The skill descriptions and lack of information about this entire skill line make this tree a complete mystery to most players. These songs and dances don’t add much to the game to be worth their point investment. I’d recommend redesigning these to be more useful to players.
  • Concerning Brass knuckles: Since hand to hand combat uses both fists in rapid succession, the durability drops extremely too fast during just one or two combative encounters. Additionally, their damage output is not really on par with the other melee weapons to be a viable combat option. Could you consider increasing the brass knuckle's durability and damage output?
  • There does not seem to be any skill to increase character movement speed. Do you have plans or will you consider implementing a skill to increase character movement speed by chance? Maybe it could fall under the Survivalism tree or Music and Dance tree as a Bard-Song-Effect?
  • Stealth from the Beastmaster tree needs to be re-coded to allow the player to become invisible from aggressive creatures. Right now, there is NO difference in the line-of-sight radius with predators. They always aggro just the same.
  • Throwing knives need an increase to their damage output and their crafting cost requires a rebalance. As a consumable, they are too expensive and deal too little damage to be worth their current investment. Maybe add a skill to the skill tree to enhance their damage and range or make the throwing knives dual-wieldable, or better yet, implement a secondary attack. One that does melee damage instead of just their ranged attack, which would end up consuming them completely.
  • We already have to throw knives, bows, and guns, why do we have spears in the game? They are not evenly balanced in comparison to the rest of the weapons and they receive no beneficial enhancements from any of the skill trees. They just seem either out of place or require some sort of enhancement within one of the skill trees.
  • Please increase the diving suit's visibility as the visibility is so cumbersome to be viable. Please lower the aggro radius for the dive suit as the new Shark AI enhancement has made them impossible to deal with while wearing the suit.
  • The food recipes should provide more unique and beneficial effects. They should also have effects that may cater to solo-players too.
  • Would be nice to see a skill tree option to dual-wield swords.
  • Would be nice to see a skill for climbing. Increases a players’ ability to scale steep inclines, trees, and ascend up the zip lines.
  • Could you consider adding in “foundation clipping” or a method to excavate and level out a plot of land so that ALL of the foundations may be placed down evenly?
  • Maybe consider allowing players the ability to dig tunnels and caverns to build within?
  • How about adding in a structure that allows for air pockets so we can build underwater structures?
  • Could you maybe add in tripwires, stringed cans as alarms, punji sticks, shotgun and string tied to the trigger traps, hanging log trap, quicksand, human snares, deep pits, or even flammable pits?
  • While on a wooden ladder looking up, the player is unable to close the trapdoor to their hatch frame, but if that wooden ladder were to be replaced with a rope ladder, they are then able to. (This seems like an unintentional bug).
  • The Tool, "Grappling Hook" does not expend any stamina to use. Characters can climb, swing, and hold on to it all day long without losing any stamina.
  • Characters can move at sprint velocity while draining very little stamina in a series of well-timed "Bunny-hops" around the map. Using this technique, one could bunny-hop across an entire island without draining the normally intended stamina sprinting the very same distance would have required.
  • The Survival skill, "Water Swimming Speed" has been rendered useless as the SHARK'S behavior has been recently tweaked to NEVER stop their chase and they now swim Faster than maximum points invested into this skill. (Used to be fine before the recent shark changes).
  • Would be nice to see a skill for stealth vs humans.
  • Would be nice to see a skill for higher and longer leaps.
  • Would be nice to see a skill for damage mitigation or hit avoidance, such as parry, deflect, or dodge.
  • Would be nice to see a skill added to create and bait our weapon tips with a poison of some type, such as a debilitating or deadly poisons.
  • Please add in parachutes, so I can stop taking advantage of grappling the ground and jumping down safely from great heights as this does not seem right!
  • The paint palettes should consist of actual colors from objects within the game such as rocks, grass, lakes, dirt, trees, and leaves. The current color pallet available does not allow for adequate camouflage. The color palette is very limited in scope and does not provide logical colors that match any of the game's surrounding environmental palettes. Also, most structures and materials will NOT reflect the suggested color and often times they seem to change once applied or do nothing at all to alter their appearance!
  • Freeports should allow players to tame. This allows a safe learning environment for noob players to learn how to tame and to actually tame their first mount.
  • The saddles for players' tamed creatures need to provide an armor value or there should be options to craft armored barding that will.
  • Beds should be placeable underwater. It provides more building and tactical opportunities. Spawning into a bed underwater still suffers from the obvious oxygen deprivation, so the player cannot just live underwater indefinitely anyways.
  • The game really needs a more durable structure with increased hit points or damage resistance for storing player valuables, such as a metal vault or a heavily reinforced strongbox. Maybe you could consider adding a skill tree option to bury treasure?
  • The game is perfect currently without a bunch of tamable flyers soaring all over the place but maybe you might also consider adding in a few creatures that can jump or climb up natural objects like trees, sheer cliff walls, and steep mountain inclines?
  • Where are all of the castable magic spells that the trailer and official game description eluded to? The Tarot skill tree?
  • The game needs more diversity in wildlife. Currently, almost every zone has the same usual creatures and tend to look and behave artificially. Creatures and their environment need to feel like they would in their natural habitat.
  • Could you add in more AI units like AI pirates in their own AI towns with their own structures and defenses? How about creating a lot more unique locations and dungeon encounters using lots of different beasties such as ghosts, skeletons, zombies, humans, dogs, slimes, kobolds, orcs, meremen, and goblins to name a few. Don't make all of the dungeon encounters the same way.

Well, good luck with these suggestions and I hope that you guys can manage to turn this game around and get back all of the playerbase ATLAS has already lost. Thank you.

da F

not even me is that conceited and cocky to tell them this brain diarrhea. dude, how about making your own game instead of force all other players to your "ideas".

3 minutes ago, photek said:

da F

not even me is that conceited and cocky to tell them this brain diarrhea. dude, how about making your own game instead of force all other players to your "ideas".

I am a paying customer. I am free and welcomed to make my suggestions. Grapeshot has mentioned time and time again that they would like to hear from us and especially about anything we would like to see get implemented/fixed so I do not see how this would mean that I need to build a video game. That would be like me telling you to become a doctor if you get an upset stomach or break a bone and complain about the discomfort.

Edited by vaylain

I literally just re bought this game because I just heard there is going to be single layer mode.

• Like 1

пчему убрали дамаг по скилетам из кладов арбалетами и винтовками 

Edited by HUNTER1995

On 6/25/2019 at 1:39 AM, rickb24279 said:

While I agree they need to fix a lot of the bugs and balance issues and solve some of the QOL issues, from reading these comments people don't understand how studios work. So if you're complaining about ____ being added and ____ not being fixed, know that studios have multiple groups of devs working on a game.. not all have knowledge on all parts of the game. They have teams assigned to cosmetics, skins, etc. They have teams assigned to bug fixes, they have teams assigned to new features, etc. It is not like 5 guys sitting around doing all of it. It's like the stupid argument that doctors needs to quit working on one thing and focus on what they want.. or scientists need to quit studying something they think is stupid and all study something else.. not everybody has a major in the same field.. you can't ask a geologist to fix global warming. It doesn't work like this and game studios are very similar. Let them know about their bugs, but that doesn't mean it affects their other teams.

Disagree on this because of the broken Islands. They keep using ppl to create new Islands. These new Islands are completly useless because of bad shorelines and horrendous ressource-spawns that make no sense (nobody uses the new Islands they brought with the last mega patch because of it). Use those ppl instead to rework the broken, bad spawns on all Islands. The thing they broke from the start so they learn it. So new Islands later on are actually useable.

Ressources are key in PvP. Islands without a single metal-spawn are a no go. Islands with no mean to create Ingots without sailing 4 servers away are a no go. To many Island miss basic ressources for no reason. Some Island have the wrong Icons spawned (as example the crystal spawns but if u harvest it you get  gems).
Some islands have a diffrent Biom than the rest of the Islands on the server - creating insane OP-server (example L10).

Just spent 2 days on all the unclaimed Islands and you will understand why they are unclaimed.

For this - they don't need a bug-fixer. They need the designer who created this mess, the one that placed the ressources.

On 6/23/2019 at 8:16 PM, cod1933 said:

You need to read, they didn't mention any tamable creatures

So they added another source of meat, probably some straight annoying shit to deal with in pvp, yeah that's going to bring people to the game in droves. Mermaids are already bad enough, the only reason they exist is to check some lore/exploration tickbox to get better stamina recovery in pvp.

There should be some underwater dungeon where you go fight the sea-lord who is at war with the other faction of sea-dwellers or some shit so you could buy special blueprints for underwater gear and construction items by joining the faction, but naw, fuck the history of MMOs, it's just something annoying to try and get you from going AFK at sea by making you loose control of your character/boat.

How about adding something to the game that forwards progression instead of shit to annoy the player and reduce QOL at sea. We didn't need another source of raw meat, it needs dungeons and mythical islands re-balance.

Not that there is any reason to visit mythical islands other than to get powerstones to get torpedoes so you can own any boat in the game with a Schooner.... A magic system that used mythos would be nice too. Maybe mythos would have a value, as currently you only need it for your main shipyards as legendary items are 90% as good often better.

The game needs to be more than a pvp sausage feast, and if that's all it wants to be, be that, and quit adding stupid shit like these creatures to the game which just troll you. The SOTD are bad enough, they aren't even worth sinking, the motive just isn't there for anyone who can do a simple cost-benefit analysis. The blueprints are crap, the gold is crap, the guys you rescue are not any better than the ones you can get at freeport, and it takes hours worth of farming just to do them.

The only thing to do in this game progression wise is to sail around collecting maps and gathering resource nodes away from your home base. Until they add more PVE content this game is just going to be a cock-fight between twitch streamers to see who has the biggest e-peen as there is nothing really meaningful to fight over.

I'm honestly done with this game until golden age ruins become viable. People who keep saying "for high level groups" have little to no experience here. It takes 300 spear bolts to kill a Cyclops, that's about 2 hours of farming on a rhino and elephant per cyclops. It's not even hard to do solo, it's just a huge waste of time for zero even negative reward. The PVE end-game right now is farming yetis for mythos on a bear, and/or killing the hydra over and over again for torpedo ammunition.

Most people don't even bother, because taming some low level horses or bears and making grenades and going right to pvp and forsaking the end-game PVE entirely is the more effective strategy, and almost no one can be arsed to do the power-stone quests anyway, especially the ghost-ship powerstone which is pretty much broken unless you cheese it using the server reset timer.

Only other reason to visit these "end-game" zones are the tames, which are mostly just vanity pets, as even the Shield-horn and Razor-tooth you find there are almost useless and no help at all in gathering mythos from these islands. Oh and we can't tame leatherwings because we're worried that some 12yo girl might giggle about it being ark with pteranadons, like that is a bad thing (as ark is still one of the top selling games on steam and top viewed games on twitch).

Oh and for the love of god fix melee, go play Devil May Cry or Darksiders or Dark Souls or some shit please, nobody wants this half-chivalry half quake-axe abomination of a melee system.

• Like 1

Force Unleashed is another example of a good action packed melee system. Don't do chivalry style melee vs guns and ark style tames, it's NEVER going to be viable.

Maybe you could do something with mounted combat on horseback as an alternative to pets auto attack. Make melee hit harder than these pets, bring back the melee damage stat if you have to, at least make it comparable to a low level tame, if you can't do that, then there is no reason I should ever take melee over something like Nature's Cry instead.

Fucking pvp is still nothing but people running around with a bow/fire arrows or even more common guys pulling swivel guns around with NPC aimbot, having someone fly around with a carbine on a leatherwing isn't any more broken than that.

Edited by Bleakwise

Dear Developers! 

Im a big fan of your work! Love ARk, love ATLAS. Only one of my opinion please. I will be short, please hear me, I want to say it for our own best. 

PLEASE, fix the BUGS FIRST and make the game playable, optimized, without the 5 min crashez and TONS of bugs! After you are at least kind of DONE with all these, put new content in. Dont waste your time to put new content in until you make sure what you have is working perfectly! PLEASE!!! 

Yeh the single player is good at first,then I noticed you cant move between freeports and every time it crashes,roughly every ten minutes I get fatal error,when I log back in my stats are straight back to level 1 level.It seems to be having serious probs with the skill menu on mine for some reason.I'm sure they'll fix it soon.when enough people tell them whats happening.

On 6/20/2019 at 8:35 AM, Ducimus said:

omg seriously???? i like the singel player option but wtf... why do u keep introducing unwanted shit into this game instead of fixing the stuff thats broken or introduce something to make this feel like an actual pirate game!??... sail cosmetics? and they dont even work properly?? either fix the god damn sails before more ppl leave or make a statement clearly saying A. we dont know how to fix or B. we simply dont care about them and they are not getting fixed!! this is so annoying!... and then more useless tames like seriously… a sea horse poison  squirtgun!!??? this isnt pokémon!!?? put them in Ark they are not wanted heere!!! this is supposed to be a pirate game have u ever seen anything pirate related where they sail around with a freaking zoo on their ships?? have u seen any pirates ride stupid seahorses!!!!… when i hear pirate i think epic naval battles(which we cant have cus ur servers is operating from a Amiga5000 and half the stuff on ships is bugged or u cant use it cus there is a stupid meta) epic sword and pistol fights! (again u cant have this cus its simply not worth it cus of lag and stupid tames) hook on to enemy ships and board it with the rope ladders and grappling hooks and brawl it out on the ships!! the winner gets prisoners and a new ship... thats piracy!!!! not riding around on stupid bears and horses with flamethrowers! jump around on stupid crap or sail around on a seahorse squirtgun get ur shit together cus this is getting old really fast and u cant afford to keep loosing players this game is dieing and with the releases coming in the next couple of months it will be the last nail in the coffin for this game if u dont start to do something 

This game is a seafaring high fantasy adventure with piracy elements. If you like it, welcome good sir, if you don’t, there are other pure pirate games both released and in development. The door is that way. *points*

On 6/29/2019 at 2:07 AM, Bleakwise said:

So they added another source of meat, probably some straight annoying shit to deal with in pvp, yeah that's going to bring people to the game in droves. Mermaids are already bad enough, the only reason they exist is to check some lore/exploration tickbox to get better stamina recovery in pvp.

There should be some underwater dungeon where you go fight the sea-lord who is at war with the other faction of sea-dwellers or some shit so you could buy special blueprints for underwater gear and construction items by joining the faction, but naw, fuck the history of MMOs, it's just something annoying to try and get you from going AFK at sea by making you loose control of your character/boat.

How about adding something to the game that forwards progression instead of shit to annoy the player and reduce QOL at sea. We didn't need another source of raw meat, it needs dungeons and mythical islands re-balance.

Not that there is any reason to visit mythical islands other than to get powerstones to get torpedoes so you can own any boat in the game with a Schooner.... A magic system that used mythos would be nice too. Maybe mythos would have a value, as currently you only need it for your main shipyards as legendary items are 90% as good often better.

The game needs to be more than a pvp sausage feast, and if that's all it wants to be, be that, and quit adding stupid shit like these creatures to the game which just troll you. The SOTD are bad enough, they aren't even worth sinking, the motive just isn't there for anyone who can do a simple cost-benefit analysis. The blueprints are crap, the gold is crap, the guys you rescue are not any better than the ones you can get at freeport, and it takes hours worth of farming just to do them.

The only thing to do in this game progression wise is to sail around collecting maps and gathering resource nodes away from your home base. Until they add more PVE content this game is just going to be a cock-fight between twitch streamers to see who has the biggest e-peen as there is nothing really meaningful to fight over.

I'm honestly done with this game until golden age ruins become viable. People who keep saying "for high level groups" have little to no experience here. It takes 300 spear bolts to kill a Cyclops, that's about 2 hours of farming on a rhino and elephant per cyclops. It's not even hard to do solo, it's just a huge waste of time for zero even negative reward. The PVE end-game right now is farming yetis for mythos on a bear, and/or killing the hydra over and over again for torpedo ammunition.

Most people don't even bother, because taming some low level horses or bears and making grenades and going right to pvp and forsaking the end-game PVE entirely is the more effective strategy, and almost no one can be arsed to do the power-stone quests anyway, especially the ghost-ship powerstone which is pretty much broken unless you cheese it using the server reset timer.

Only other reason to visit these "end-game" zones are the tames, which are mostly just vanity pets, as even the Shield-horn and Razor-tooth you find there are almost useless and no help at all in gathering mythos from these islands. Oh and we can't tame leatherwings because we're worried that some 12yo girl might giggle about it being ark with pteranadons, like that is a bad thing (as ark is still one of the top selling games on steam and top viewed games on twitch).

Oh and for the love of god fix melee, go play Devil May Cry or Darksiders or Dark Souls or some shit please, nobody wants this half-chivalry half quake-axe abomination of a melee system.

For Shield-Horn and Razortooth to even have a viable population on Golden Age Ruins they would need to have some kind of biological anti-magic or adaptation for hunting/defending against Mythos creatures. But that isn’t present in any way... Quite disappointing.

In ARK you could just say “the system is replenishing the population” in Atlas it require more logic, which isn’t present.

Where was June's Mega-Update?

Edited by vaylain