Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi devs. 

Just a quick one on the current state of raiding.

Its too easy to raid anything at ground level atm. 

Using a bear/ horse with a cannon snapped to a cart it is possible to outrange npc puckles/ ballistas etc without any fear of being hit. 

Can you please have someone look at this and possibly decrease the range so that npc seated puckles/ ballistas etc on land have more range than the cannon carts.

I can see why so many people leave the game after their "defended" base is easily raided. 

Id like raiding to be alot harder than ship to ship PVP.

Players invest alot of time into defending their bases and tbh i can raid a whole island depending on the size quite easilly atm in the combat phase despite other players putting up towers and defences and being online to attempt to defend. 

Full disclosure i am from a big company but i would like to see smaller companies feel like they can still defend their only base on a fair playing field.

 

 

 

Edited by Polar Express
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

this is old topic man we have been screaming to devs for 6months on this one. good luck

Edited by lordkhan4444
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Fair enough. 

I hope they look at it at some point soon. I can understand why alot of companies might quit playing due to this as one of the factors. 

You kinda need a base in this game to play it and make any form of progress. I feel pretty bad about all the small companies my guys were hitting on a whim because of the sheer fact we simply could in the spirit of pvp etc. The realisation that they havent logged in again kinda scares me about  the future of this very cool game.

I didnt realise some people just wont press the respawn button again at the time of raiding them.

In hindsight i probably wouldnt have hit their bases. We should have just kept the bulk of the pvp at sea instead.

 

 

Edited by Polar Express

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Polar Express said:

Using a bear/ horse with a cannon snapped to a cart it is possible to outrange npc puckles/ ballistas etc without any fear of being hit. 

You can ride out with a flame swivel or team up with some friends and shoot the cannon gunner in the head with a carbine... If someone is activily attacking your base you need to activily defend it, while yes i agree the combat timer is way to long for someone with work and a life, but saying theres no counterplay to cannon carts is just bullshit.

Edited by Pant
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pant said:

You can ride out with a flame swivel or team up with some friends and shoot the cannon gunner in the head with a carbine... If someone is activily attacking your base you need to activily defend it, while yes i agree the combat timer is way to long for someone with work and a life, but saying theres no counterplay to cannon carts is just bullshit.

Sure sure... shoot em with your legendary carbine and be in awe about the freaking 5 dmg it does!!! Have u lately been fighting all this exploiters with their pimped gear & stats? There is absolutly NOTHING you can do against those lvl 100+ with their insane gear.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Sinappia said:

Sure sure... shoot em with your legendary carbine and be in awe about the freaking 5 dmg it does!!! Have u lately been fighting all this exploiters with their pimped gear & stats? There is absolutly NOTHING you can do against those lvl 100+ with their insane gear.

I have and i have commented on that, but thats not the topic is it? You can't nerf cannon carts because its op when an exploiter use it, everything is op when an exploiter use it... If exploiters is the problem then join me and the rest of the choir and ask the devs to do something about the exploiters, instead of all this other retarded bs.

Edited by Pant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Pant said:

I have and i have commented on that, but thats not the topic is it? You can't nerf cannon carts because its op when an exploiter use it, everything is op when an exploiter use it... If exploiters is the problem then join me and the rest of the choir and ask the devs to do something about the exploiters, instead of all this other retarded bs.

Its not the exploit, its just the cannon operated by a player far outranges the one operated by the ai, and that is just the beginning of problems that plague atlas base passive defense, which should be more deadly like ark one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Pant said:

You can ride out with a flame swivel or team up with some friends and shoot the cannon gunner in the head with a carbine... If someone is activily attacking your base you need to activily defend it, while yes i agree the combat timer is way to long for someone with work and a life, but saying theres no counterplay to cannon carts is just bullshit.

Read the topic mate.

The issue is the cannon cart range. I am using it to out range npc defences with zero (0) nil,  fear of being hit back. 

I. Outrange. Defences. With . Cannon. Cart. 

That makes defences useless to you. Swivel cart all you like. You will still lose against me.

Because i have more players. Better carbines. Better bred  tames. Higher tier equipment. Im in a mega company that plays prolifically. Not casually. Im trying to help the devs help the people i can raid too easilly.

What you need against me is defences that work. Atm they dont because I outrange them using cannon cart. After i get into your tame pen using cannon cart i back a flame horse up and kill your tames. After that i grenade spam my way through your entire base till you have nothing left. Im raiding you because i know you dont have gear that can kill me. Your carbines do like 65 damage on a headshot to my company members. You need like 10 headshot to kill 1 of us. If you were a new player how would you fight this? Are you gonna come galloping out on your wild tame lvl 25 horse with your primitive armour and swivel to try kill me?

Good luck. Wont happen.

Defences. Defences. Defences

Edited by Polar Express

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/19/2019 at 8:52 PM, Polar Express said:

Hi devs. 

Just a quick one on the current state of raiding.

Its too easy to raid anything at ground level atm. 

Using a bear/ horse with a cannon snapped to a cart it is possible to outrange npc puckles/ ballistas etc without any fear of being hit. 

Can you please have someone look at this and possibly decrease the range so that npc seated puckles/ ballistas etc on land have more range than the cannon carts.

I can see why so many people leave the game after their "defended" base is easily raided. 

Id like raiding to be alot harder than ship to ship PVP.

Players invest alot of time into defending their bases and tbh i can raid a whole island depending on the size quite easilly atm in the combat phase despite other players putting up towers and defences and being online to attempt to defend. 

Full disclosure i am from a big company but i would like to see smaller companies feel like they can still defend their only base on a fair playing field.

 

 

 

Just flame cart the bear with a horse.

21 minutes ago, Polar Express said:

Read the topic mate.

The issue is the cannon cart range. I am using it to out range npc defences with zero (0) nil,  fear of being hit back. 

I. Outrange. Defences. With . Cannon. Cart. 

That makes defences useless to you. Swivel cart all you like. You will still lose against me.

Because i have more players. Better carbines. Better bred  tames. Higher tier equipment. Im in a mega company that plays prolifically. Not casually. Im trying to help the devs help the people i can raid too easilly.

What you need against me is defences that work. Atm they dont because I outrange them using cannon cart. 

Thats it.  Nothing else. Just that.

YOu would be surprised how well we defended from a much larger alliance with flame swivels.

Edited by ragnar cook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im also using flame swivels and im willing to guess my company probably brings many more than the defenders do.

Most people dont have any tames left by the time they realise they are actually getting hit tbh. 

The topic is still the same though. I can outrange all your defences with a cannon bear. All of them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so here is what I and my company did of our island.

We built defense towers, and then we built mortar tower that are in range of any cannon bears.

And against fully armored, used a flame swivel on a horse, with both of the ones on the horse and swivel wearing armor.

Also, don't forget that large cannons outrange cannon bears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Polar Express said:

Read the topic mate.

The issue is the cannon cart range. I am using it to out range npc defences with zero (0) nil,  fear of being hit back. 

I. Outrange. Defences. With . Cannon. Cart. 

That makes defences useless to you. Swivel cart all you like. You will still lose against me.

Because i have more players. Better carbines. Better bred  tames. Higher tier equipment. Im in a mega company that plays prolifically. Not casually. Im trying to help the devs help the people i can raid too easilly.

What you need against me is defences that work. Atm they dont because I outrange them using cannon cart. After i get into your tame pen using cannon cart i back a flame horse up and kill your tames. After that i grenade spam my way through your entire base till you have nothing left. Im raiding you because i know you dont have gear that can kill me. Your carbines do like 65 damage on a headshot to my company members. You need like 10 headshot to kill 1 of us. If you were a new player how would you fight this? Are you gonna come galloping out on your wild tame lvl 25 horse with your primitive armour and swivel to try kill me?

Good luck. Wont happen.

Defences. Defences. Defences

I have read the topic.. And you are just illustrating the problem I adressed in the other thread. Higher level players just have to much of a health advantage and higher level crafts should give you a small advantage like 10-20% not 300%. The HP scaling just makes pvp way to slow and boring.

Cannon carts are fine.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Hakaisha89 said:

Ok, so here is what I and my company did of our island.

We built defense towers, and then we built mortar tower that are in range of any cannon bears.

And against fully armored, used a flame swivel on a horse, with both of the ones on the horse and swivel wearing armor.

Also, don't forget that large cannons outrange cannon bears

And did u every had to test these "defenses" against the lvl 100+ ppl in mythical gear? With their swivel horses that are breed and knock you out in 1 single hit?

Large cannons can't do nothing against cannon bears - because they are static. Mortars are not as static - but way to slow against a moving target. Besides: mortars are outranged way to easy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can tame a horse that can knock you out in one hit, 180 melee and damage buff, and boom. one hit ko

The higher up mortars are, the farther they can shoot, the same is true for cannons, and npc's are really good at aiming.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sinappia said:

And did u every had to test these "defenses" against the lvl 100+ ppl in mythical gear? With their swivel horses that are breed and knock you out in 1 single hit?

Large cannons can't do nothing against cannon bears - because they are static. Mortars are not as static - but way to slow against a moving target. Besides: mortars are outranged way to easy.

Kill the driver with carbines and then shoot the bear with the mortar when the rider is dead is probably what he meant. And you should never be in a position where a horse can even hit you in the first place. 

I don't understand why you people keep bringing up level 100+ ppl in mythical gear making the cannon cart to op and then insist on the problem lieing with the cannon cart and not the level 100s in mythical gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hakaisha89 said:

 and npc's are really good at aiming.

No they are not. NPCs on cannon are bugged - they never shoot at the max range they could and should shoot (no matter the settings). It's especially noticeable when a server lags caus it gets floaded by ppl. U can see that on many videos and also ingame very easy. NPCs on cannons and puckles do NOT shoot when they should. They shoot with a huge delay, when the enemy is allrdy way to close.

You can test it easy urself: place a cannon on the shore. fix settings. shoot urself and place a marker out in the water. place NPC on cannon. build a sloop, kick a friend from company and unlcaim sloop. let him sail at your marker and observe. And if you want to go further: place the same cannon on the sloop and watch your friend hitting your cannon before the NPC even start to fire.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pant said:

Kill the driver with carbines and then shoot the bear with the mortar when the rider is dead is probably what he meant. And you should never be in a position where a horse can even hit you in the first place. 

I don't understand why you people keep bringing up level 100+ ppl in mythical gear making the cannon cart to op and then insist on the problem lieing with the cannon cart and not the level 100s in mythical gear.

Because we have to accept the exploiter lvl 100+ in mythical gear. Nothing will be done about them. They got rewarded for using the xp-exploit and that's it.

But on another note: even a lvl 80 rider (which is the absolute minimun lvl ppl have these days) - in average raiding gear is not just shot down with carbines. Allrdy at lvl 70 you can have easy enough HP to counter that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then use better carbines, use grenades, use blackjacks, use mortars, use bolas, use grappling hooks, use crabs.

To me it sounds like you are complaining about someone with 500 defense and 800 hp not dying from your common 100% damage carbine, as you hide in the bushes.

Have you tried have 10 people suicide rushing in with 1 grenade ready in hand?

Tactical warfare and many people in the company is how you deal with that, a few grenades, a flame swivel to the face, maybe beat them unconcious with a blackjack and execute them, and boom, it's your mythical plate gear.

If you are 20 people on a ramshackle sloop armed with bow and arrows vs a mythical galleon, ya ain't gonna win, ya gotta use the correct tools to handle the correct problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Are some people here autistic? The issue is Cannon bear outrange puckles and npc cannons. And some of you autistically reply:use flame swivels.

why would people even use passive defenses if ai defenses are next to useless is the problem here. That is the main question here. Not to mention the fact that harbors are defenseless whe epic galley destroys 230 alloy walls in 1 salvo, while 400 health epic armord glide to mortar nests and use 2 grenades to ko mortar, totally ignoring meager pucke defenses.

passive defnses should be tough to raid even if 0 people are defending actively, like in ark.

Edited by gnihar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, gnihar said:

Are some people here autistic?

Probably

38 minutes ago, gnihar said:

The issue is Cannon bear outrange puckles and npc cannons. And some of you autistically reply:use flame swivels.

Flame swivels are super effective against tames.

33 minutes ago, gnihar said:

why would people even use passive defenses if ai defenses are next to useless is the problem here.

Because it slows the attacker down... If you make puckle towers around your base, you force your opponent to take out the puckle towers before they can open up on your base and if you build them right they will soak up more damage then any honeycomb. 

42 minutes ago, gnihar said:

passive defnses should be tough to raid even if 0 people are defending actively, like in ark.

We have combat timers for a reason, can argue that they are to long but they are there. If you make passive defence too strong then raiding becomes impossible. You are supposed to defend your own base, but it sounds like you are getting out played and instead of adapting and soaking up the hints and tips you have been given you just call us retarded and ask the devs to hold your hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankyou GNIHAR, you seem to be the only one in this topic who has managed to stick to the actual topic. Which is a bear with a cannon strapped to its arse is able to systematically demo any players island- unchallenged. 

Raiding should be hard. I’m sick of feeling like I’m exploiting by using a cannon cart due to the fact it out ranged other peoples ranged base defences. Anyone who thinks this is fine is shit at raiding imo. You’re relying on what would be considered to be a cheesey exploit in any serious PvP game.your saying it’s okay to raid as long as you can’t get hit by defences. That’s weak AF. 

The issue isn’t that the counter to it is ur shitty flame swivel( which any serious PvP company can dunk on with a off cut throw away breed line tiger or canister swivel horse, or ballista cart, or dropping grenades on the floor infront of the cart horse while mounted on nearly any other mount , or use pillars staggered around your fob to dismount the swivel gunner, or olfend gangbang the flame swivel cart horse (this is my favourite) 

the issue is that defences don’t work for the people building them due to the range of the cannon bear. The only counter to a cannon bear atm that doesn’t solely rely on your smaller company trying to defend against my mega company ( you will lose, I don’t care how good you think you are, we have many, many, many more than you and our gear will always be better than yours, we popcorn entire raid kits on our way off raided islands because they’re heavy and slow our raid boats down too much on the way home ) is building on top of a rock pillar and hoping we look at your base and think “screw that, too annoying to raid today” 

 

when we come raid you, and we will. I hope you remember this thread. Stop bitching about mega companies if you argue so hard when we try to fix things to make the game fairer for you. We like this game. We want you to like it too.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Polar Express said:

Thankyou GNIHAR, you seem to be the only one in this topic who has managed to stick to the actual topic. Which is a bear with a cannon strapped to its arse is able to systematically demo any players island- unchallenged. 

Raiding should be hard. I’m sick of feeling like I’m exploiting by using a cannon cart due to the fact it out ranged other peoples ranged base defences. Anyone who thinks this is fine is shit at raiding imo. You’re relying on what would be considered to be a cheesey exploit in any serious PvP game.your saying it’s okay to raid as long as you can’t get hit by defences. That’s weak AF. 

The issue isn’t that the counter to it is ur shitty flame swivel( which any serious PvP company can dunk on with a off cut throw away breed line tiger or canister swivel horse, or ballista cart, or dropping grenades on the floor infront of the cart horse while mounted on nearly any other mount , or use pillars staggered around your fob to dismount the swivel gunner, or olfend gangbang the flame swivel cart horse (this is my favourite) 

the issue is that defences don’t work for the people building them due to the range of the cannon bear. The only counter to a cannon bear atm that doesn’t solely rely on your smaller company trying to defend against my mega company ( you will lose, I don’t care how good you think you are, we have many, many, many more than you and our gear will always be better than yours, we popcorn entire raid kits on our way off raided islands because they’re heavy and slow our raid boats down too much on the way home ) is building on top of a rock pillar and hoping we look at your base and think “screw that, too annoying to raid today” 

 

when we come raid you, and we will. I hope you remember this thread. Stop bitching about mega companies if you argue so hard when we try to fix things to make the game fairer for you. We like this game. We want you to like it too.

You praise GNIHAR about staying on topic and then spend pretty much the rest of the post offtopic in some fantasy world where you are in a mega company and you can wipe everyone with a snap of your fingers.

For some reason you think a cannon bear can just park infront of a base and shoot at it without a care in the world. Against a serious defender you have to grind away at the defenders for hours just to get the bear into position and when it finally gets there you need to secure the area around it so the defenders can't just kill the gunner. Its so much more complicated then the picture you are painting... I don't think you are in a mega company... And if you are you haven't participated in any serious raids.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Pant said:

Probably

Flame swivels are super effective against tames.

Because it slows the attacker down... If you make puckle towers around your base, you force your opponent to take out the puckle towers before they can open up on your base and if you build them right they will soak up more damage then any honeycomb. 

We have combat timers for a reason, can argue that they are to long but they are there. If you make passive defence too strong then raiding becomes impossible. You are supposed to defend your own base, but it sounds like you are getting out played and instead of adapting and soaking up the hints and tips you have been given you just call us retarded and ask the devs to hold your hand.

It confuses the attacker for exactly two minutes then they use cannon bear to 2 shot them. Please notice that you have to maintain, pay and feed the puckles, which is a huge chore by itself, and in return you get weak results, aka you can only stop total noobs with them. Same with cannons, no matter the height advantage the ai has, it is useless vs human operated cannon. 

Also, takes exactly 53 shells from normal cannonbear to destroy one huge wall (250 alloys), which is 2 minutes of work, not to mention from galleon which is 1 second of work. For a small defending tribe, this is imbalanced af.

Everything gets destroyed way too easy, and yes, it should be hard as hell to attack land, while pvp should be done mostly on seas.

While I was playing, we were 2 -4 guys situationally, and during that time I defended against 2 zerg raids bcause of developed operation procedures and all use cases covered case of an attack, plus ultra non noob and dedicated team with me. 4 defended vs 10 for example once (a well known tribe that attacked us), with minimal losses. On the other hand, I am a decent diplomat, and had secured alliances and friendships with local zergs all of them hehe. 

Eventually though, we would be rekt by a zerg for sure. I stopped playing a month ago, Reasons for my quitting ,many of them, lie in Polars post.

Edited by gnihar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Pant said:

You praise GNIHAR about staying on topic and then spend pretty much the rest of the post offtopic in some fantasy world where you are in a mega company and you can wipe everyone with a snap of your fingers.

For some reason you think a cannon bear can just park infront of a base and shoot at it without a care in the world. Against a serious defender you have to grind away at the defenders for hours just to get the bear into position and when it finally gets there you need to secure the area around it so the defenders can't just kill the gunner. Its so much more complicated then the picture you are painting... I don't think you are in a mega company... And if you are you haven't participated in any serious raids.

I’ve said what said, wrecking bobs is easy. 

You got no chance. 

Enjoy atlas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a problem about NPCs not registering enemies on full range of a weapon they are using, not about cannon bears. Ballistas, cannons on a higher ground, catapults, mortars etc. all of these outrange cannon bear if operated by player. 

NPCs are a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×