3 minutes ago, Willard said:

This is a problem about NPCs not registering enemies on full range of a weapon they are using, not about cannon bears. Ballistas, cannons on a higher ground, catapults, mortars etc. all of these outrange cannon bear if operated by player. 

NPCs are a problem.

Ye I tried to explain that a bit earlier in this post but ppl claim it's not true. I even suggested they should test it themself. Fact is: NPCs on cannons/puckles/whatever do not shoot when they should.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Sinappia said:

Ye I tried to explain that a bit earlier in this post but ppl claim it's not true. I even suggested they should test it themself. Fact is: NPCs on cannons/puckles/whatever do not shoot when they should.

It is definitely true, we tested it with all types of weapons 🙂 

Edit: To the topic. It´s ok if cannon bears outrange swivels/puckels. It´s broken they outrange NPC cannons/ballistas.

Edited by Willard
  • Thanks 1

Agree it have to be done smth about it, its super easy to raid with 1 bear and cart with canon.... whats the point to put Puckle if its almost toally useless

• Thanks 2

- Cannon bears out range NPC emplacements

- Submarines can drain ship/emplacement ammo as they are targeted but cannot be hit while underwater

- High HP builds can tank defenses and destroy them with grenade spam

The list goes on and on. Essentially the only defense is to be online and actively fighting the invaders. Otherwise no matter what you can do they will be able to outsmart the defenses and use the game flaws to their advantage. The game has aspirations of having this huge player run economy with the way the resources are spread out, the intent is to encourage trading and exploration. Though what the designers intend and what the players do are most often vastly different.

Hard to say if they are listening to their player base or if they hope that by pushing out new content they will get enough people onboard that they will end up staying. The game population is sickenly low, with half playing on private servers and the remaining half split between 4 Official servers. Every passing month there is a consistent decline in the population. They really need to start listening to their community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Puckles should be by far more deadly, at least twice more. Perhaps even the relative damage should be dealt by them, not absolute numbers, to scale with sick levels and sick hp.

AI cannons and ballista should outrange player cannon.

Id be shocked if they implemented that tbh.

On 7/17/2019 at 5:56 AM, gnihar said:

Yes, I remmber that from before i uninstalled Atlas, and i see it is still actual...

Yes, yes you did... 

Dear Devs, please for the love of whatever you hold dear, do not listen to anything people like this say, good, bad, or otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Stupid Monkey said:

Yes, yes you did... 

Dear Devs, please for the love of whatever you hold dear, do not listen to anything people like this say, good, bad, or otherwise. 

Yeah - devs should not listen official pvp players with over 1k hours in game. Actually that is exactly what they are doing, so your complaint is redundant.

1 hour ago, gnihar said:

Yeah - devs should not listen official pvp players with over 1k hours in game. Actually that is exactly what they are doing, so your complaint is redundant.

But you're not an official pvp player... 

You don't even have the game installed...

You do post a lot though (see complain x 400ish), so why bother if you don't even have the game installed? Your 1000 hours are likely on these forums rather than in-game. 

5 hours ago, Stupid Monkey said:

But you're not an official pvp player... 

You don't even have the game installed...

You do post a lot though (see complain x 400ish), so why bother if you don't even have the game installed? Your 1000 hours are likely on these forums rather than in-game. 

Yep - i uninstalled in june and will not be coming back at all. From my experiences and what we percieved as problematic though, devs could profit and improve atlas image.

On 6/20/2019 at 2:52 AM, Polar Express said:

Hi devs. 

Just a quick one on the current state of raiding.

Its too easy to raid anything at ground level atm. 

Using a bear/ horse with a cannon snapped to a cart it is possible to outrange npc puckles/ ballistas etc without any fear of being hit. 

Can you please have someone look at this and possibly decrease the range so that npc seated puckles/ ballistas etc on land have more range than the cannon carts.

I can see why so many people leave the game after their "defended" base is easily raided. 

Id like raiding to be alot harder than ship to ship PVP.

Players invest alot of time into defending their bases and tbh i can raid a whole island depending on the size quite easilly atm in the combat phase despite other players putting up towers and defences and being online to attempt to defend. 

Full disclosure i am from a big company but i would like to see smaller companies feel like they can still defend their only base on a fair playing field.

Hello, i totally agree with that. It's the big problem. We are currently spending a lot of time creating an impregnable base that can easily be raided and put all the effort away. It is very frustrating. The advantage should be in defense of the base on the attack in order to focus more on naval and land combat.

On 8/6/2019 at 7:40 PM, chukmaurice said:

Hello, i totally agree with that. It's the big problem. We are currently spending a lot of time creating an impregnable base that can easily be raided and put all the effort away. It is very frustrating. The advantage should be in defense of the base on the attack in order to focus more on naval and land combat.

If people really want the offline/easy raid base fix i could suggest that they make it so you need and active player in a certain radius too damage building and anchord ships. If u log off u are still able to attack for a certain period, say 1hour? That would solve many problem of it being unfair because you then have a fighting chance. Then again, against mega tribes i would make a nerf on damage the more people that are in a tribe. (probably only on buildings)

- "fight people your own size"

Ps. Fix melee system? PVE and PVP (Havent checked in a while) 

Cheers

Marvelousmac

Generally, no defense should be inpenetrable. Its good that you need real players to defend against raids, and that puckles etc. are more in a support role.

How effective they are is ofc always dependend on how you setup your defense, how you place them etc.

What really needs to be adressed imo is the pitiful damage of ranged weapons against players and animals. A horse or bear with a cannon cart is a freaking tank in this game.

Everyone is healing themselves faster than you can damage them even with mythical carbines.

Edited by oni