Sign in to follow this  
Tolbanera

Ping +255, since patch today

Hi all,

since the patch today, my ping is high at 255. Doesnt matter on wich grid i am. After crossing the Border i got an Fatal Error, and now, after each Border my Ping is high. Also at home while doing nothing.. or on Sea, when nothing is arround me... My Pc is kinda fine enough. got a 1070 TI inside, etc.

Anyone else got those Problems? Or maybe, someone knews a solution ?

Ty all,

Greetings Tolbanera

• Like 1

Since last patch, when i travel around to refresh our outposts i got this high ping issue too. After a fatal crash all went back to normal.

• Like 1

Same here since last patch.
Solution currently just wait (do something which works in lag), it eventually goes down to normal after 30-60 mins if I not change grid.
Funny thing had the same problem in ARK with some patches doing exact same thing - oh the good old times... 🙄

• Like 1

Same here. I can't do anything with this fu.. Ping. I must wait 10 sec for open a door... 

Please more Fokus on bugs, performance before patching balancing... 

• Like 1

NA PVE

i5 7600 3.5 ghz

16 gb RAM

GTX 1070 SC

1tb SSD

900 UP 900 DOWN

Been playing this game since Day 1 and have had zero issues with crashing or ping until the patch to activate 2x this last weekend.  Now on every tile change I go from a ping of 65 to an immediate static 175 ping.  In order to reduce ping to normal I've resorted to respawning at a home server then porting back to ship.  When I spawn into a freeport my ping hits the 175 ping as well but upon death and port back to ship ping drops back to 65.  Also, if at tile change my ping doesnt go to 175 the game crashes and my ship goes sailing forward until the game recognizes Im not in the game which, if you can guess, leaves all my stuff wide open to attack.  

First, WTF.  Second, refer to first.

• Like 2

FIX THIS!!!! After joining atlas PING is 255 on Server with 2 PPL!!!! After a while it goes down to 175 Ping... when im Lucky after 10 min to normal.... JUST FIX IT ...... AND STOP ADDING USELESS ANIMALS JUST FIX THE GAME

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Same error here, but only at home, by my friends place there is my ping 30

...... and Host Pending Connection Timeout, that i have so 5 to 9 times bevore i can join

And i am crashing by the Cluster change ......   and if i want to rejoin after the crash, it says: "There is already a playe with you account"   ...........   I am disappointed from the developers

Edited by KAW41I
  • Like 1

Some of my company members have the same problem, please fix it as fast as possible

Now i cant join , when i join i have a fatal error, by every server over rejoin and new atlas https://imgur.com/a/QI3ZTf2 (image of the error)  in the middle of the ocean ... by by galli ... ;(

repaird, new installed, cache clear, nothing helped

I think this is a big issue to a lot of players look at the Playerbase since the last patch 

• Like 1

I restored default settings and e voila i got a ping of 40. Maybe just a correlation but worth a try.

I also have been experiencing this as well as company mates. Never had issues like this before, whatever they did with the last 2 patches is sending the ping to the sky, even when you are in the server alone... I am still getting 255 ping. I know the devs are researching this, as I was talking to one a couple days ago on this. So they are looking into it.

This has always been a problem, this time it's worse than ever.  Maybe this time they would do something about it.  Below is a post I started in April already and still receiving this zone transition kak.

I have always had a great connection to the server from home, work and even friend's houses since launch (and the mud soup lag day).  However, this new 255 ping issue now stops myself and another friend from playing (but not others).  This just started a couple patch ago.

What we've discovered is that when you join the server, you can hit escape and you will see one of three things happen with the ping information:  

• Ping is at 255 and it never moves or changes, game is unplayable and you rubberband and barely can move.
  • Ping starts at 255 and then it drops slowly until about 160ish and then bounces around but never going below 150.  You can play but it's painful.
  • The final one is the Ping starts at 255 and then it pretty quickly drops until you get to 30-40.  

Some other notes:

• If you don't hit escape and watch the ping you are almost always guaranteed to be locked at 255 ping.  Odd but we've had more success getting into game at a normal ping doing this than not.
  • This appears to happens on all sorts of connections, not just one.  I have a 50mb fiber and 100mb fiber at work.  Friends have cable and other things at their house when I've tested this.  I've tested this on a fresh install, a second install on my work computer, and moving my personal computer around, using my laptop, etc.  It feels like it is tied to my account not the game.
  • It doesn't happen to other friends or people we play with, only two of us.  

Our workaround:
If you keep connecting after being locked at a 255 ping, disconnect, reconnect, then you will usually get the 255 ping and drop down to 160, disconnect again, reconnect then you will get 255 ping and it will then drop to 40.  It's not constant but works over 70% of the time.  Sometimes you have to disconnect many times but you will get a normal ping, all within a small 10-20 minute window of connecting, reconnecting.  The only problem with this method is, all those disconnects will most always gaurantee you hit the black screen of death bug where as your character is kind of logged in, kind of not, and then you have to restart the game and wait for the character to time out or deal with the host not responding Unreal message repeating over and over again, etc.

Side Effect:
Transferring from map to map will almost always reintroduce this problem and knock you out of game or cause your game to crash even if you have a normal ping.  As a work around to this, I usually have a friend drive the boat while I take the Lt. Podium so when we emerge on the other side, I'm still on the boat and not flung overboard because I'm knocked out of the game from the 255 ping.  Sadly, this then gets me stuck in the black screen of death bug where as you are kind of logged in but not really causing you to get the host unresponsive message, game crash or connect and lagging.  And everyone has to wait for me to get reconnected because until we know I'm on the ship, the ship can't move.

My Insight:
From my experience. dealing with networking and programming, this feels like something got corrupted (which could have been done by my connection) and now when you join the game it starts the normal connection process, downloading or doing whatever the game does at start, right at character connection process and runs into this corruption where as the game is stuck and can't start lowering the traffic.  By reloading over and over again, you eventually get past the corruption, as whatever causes it is cached, and then you can enter the game as normal.

Edited by Anev

So, my ping issue is gone and Im back to 40.  Tested at 10+ tile changes.  Have changed nothing on my end.  Just logged in today and was planning on uninstalling if it didnt work still.  Pleasantly surprised after a two week hiatus.