Sign in to follow this  
Stardreamernz

auto-decay filling crew log

So our stuff on other islands that we dont use is auto-decaying which is fine but it is overflowing our crew log and we are unable to see things like who attacked us which is really frustrating.

Surely they could separate the decay notice out into another area instead of taking up the entire log!

(sorry if already mentioned I did search for auto-decay but found nothing on this topic)

5 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

If you knowingly don't use it anymore then why not just demolish it, then you won't get the auto-decay notices.

Because Demo can be tedious as there is no a build mode that makes demo a 1 key press you have to deal with that bullshit wheel for every piece.

5 hours ago, Stardreamernz said:

So our stuff on other islands that we dont use is auto-decaying which is fine but it is overflowing our crew log and we are unable to see things like who attacked us which is really frustrating.

Surely they could separate the decay notice out into another area instead of taking up the entire log!

(sorry if already mentioned I did search for auto-decay but found nothing on this topic)

There shouldn’t be auto decay to begin with. Another bad idea. If the timer runs out someone else can demolish something. That simple. If they want the area they can go clean it up. It is called ownership. Smh.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Putts said:

Because Demo can be tedious as there is no a build mode that makes demo a 1 key press you have to deal with that bullshit wheel for every piece.

Tedious? All you have to do is demolish the floor and that's it. You built it you take responsibility instead of being lazy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Tedious? All you have to do is demolish the floor and that's it. You built it you take responsibility instead of being lazy.

haha was about to say the same thing, but... probably a little fluffier though  😄

Demo the foundations and everything flops like cards.  🙂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

haha was about to say the same thing, but... probably a little fluffier though  😄

Demo the foundations and everything flops like cards.  🙂

😂 Unfortunately I don't do fluffy, even if I try!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Sure it is laziness. But that doesn't fucking matter demo takes to long. So fuck it leave it seems to be the order if the day. You can make statements about the laziness of a video gamer or you can recognize that the system does not really lend itself to quick clean up.

• Like 1

A good solution would be an auto demo every 3 months or so. That way people have time to loot and demolish but if they don’t it will clean up their mess or spam. I love demolishing but when someone hides a pillar in the beach it’s a blessing to have it autowash.

• Confused 1

On 6/18/2019 at 11:24 PM, Realist said:

There shouldn’t be auto decay to begin with. Another bad idea. If the timer runs out someone else can demolish something. That simple. If they want the area they can go clean it up. It is called ownership. Smh.

Nah auto decay is needed. Lets say you find an area that you wanna build. You do clean it up. But yet one hidden pillar in a rock you can't find makes it unbuildable. Auto Decay solves that problem. As for the people whining about it filling their logs. Demolish your taming traps and crap you leave behind. Problem solved. Foundation spamming. People quit. Problem solved.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 4:24 AM, Realist said:

yes there should , players dont use it why should it stay there , good system and needed for the game especially with the amount of foundation spam that goes on , nice to see that forgotten or abandoned structures will be gone as soon as timers expire , heres hoping this is the start of the system they mentioned where resource upkeep comes into play for all structures players build , 

Edited by UDO

42 minutes ago, UDO said:

yes there should , players dont use it why should it stay there , good system and needed for the game especially with the amount of foundation spam that goes on , nice to see that forgotten or abandoned structures will be gone as soon as timers expire , heres hoping this is the start of the system they mentioned where resource upkeep comes into play for all structures players build , 

They actually disappear after the next server restart after the timer expires. Which with the current deployment of regular patches means it is pretty regular. But there can be some occasions where they may remain for several days after the timer if there's been no restart. Still several days isn't much tbh.

10 hours ago, UDO said:

The only reason I would agree with auto decay would be that people wouldn’t be able to get others stuff unless they were right there at that time.

i don’t like lazy people and scavengers. If you are really just waiting for something to auto decay.... you aren’t a pirate.... you are a buzzard 😂

Edited by Realist
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, UDO said:

Are you saying it should be even more upkeep oriented? I sure hope not. Don’t make the ship sink before it had its maiden voyage.

as it is the claim system is not a good idea. The island upkeep is definitely not a good idea. Is the player shop free yet?(if you think it needs even a 1 gold upkeep, I feel bad for you).

I get they want to try to keep people engaged but this is just sad. “Hey, let’s make people grind even more than ark but with no benefit whatsoever” yeah that is a good idea. 😂

vits, X times any resource(multiple of anything in general), island upkeep, the very stupid increase in company size/alliance... smh

i really don’t know what to tell you guys at this point. Sure, listen to the 3k lol I am sure you will hit the ark triple A stat  very soon 😂

Edited by Realist

On 6/19/2019 at 3:19 PM, Mr Putts said:

Sure it is laziness. But that doesn't fucking matter demo takes to long. So fuck it leave it seems to be the order if the day. You can make statements about the laziness of a video gamer or you can recognize that the system does not really lend itself to quick clean up.

Unfortunately, it's this philosophy that quickly becomes a game changing blight.  I still have a dumbass taming pen in my courtyard because I didn't feel the need to foundation spam.

As a QOL enhancement, they should at the minimum have a 'demolish all' to connected structures as an interaction option to a building (with adequate warnings!), to allow one to quickly remove a complete structure to compensate for players with 'time constraints'...  (politically correct way of saying it!).