Sign in to follow this  
Grimgarwald

patching

Hey, I get it that you guys want to make the game playable and fix all the bugs.... BUT... doing patches every few hours because a bola releases the animal a few seconds early???? Why cant you just do a lump sum patch once a night at a specific time per night... that way, the people who are playing YOUR game, the ones PAYING your salary can actually play the game and not have to sit for the 20 minutes or so it takes for the patch to load in.... just to get kicked off after another hour or two because of another issue that can be fixed in a larger patch done once a night?

Doesn't it make sense to keep the players you still have happy by patching at a specific time so people can plan their actions and not get caught in the middle of a tame, or out at sea during a battle... or whatever else can cause problems for individuals who get caught because of these unplanned and poorly timed patches?

Its almost to the point you cant do anything anymore because the patch that is supposed to happen in 15 minutes is now 30 minutes late... and may happen at any time between then and an hour from now.... all I'm asking for is some consistency in when they are done... I think everyone who still plays this game would appreciate it.

• Thanks 1

Cant say that your wrong.  it would be nice to have a schedule for incoming patches,  with the exception for game breaking bug or exploit fix.  it really sucks to be waiting around for hours sometimes for a patch, never knowing when it will drop.  do a patch at X time once a day.  if it's not ready push it till the next day.  

It happens in EA games, its only a big deal if you make it that way. Inconvenient at times maybe, but who the hell complains that they are actively updating an EA game?

2 hours ago, Grimgarwald said:

Hey, I get it that you guys want to make the game playable and fix all the bugs.... BUT... doing patches every few hours because a bola releases the animal a few seconds early???? Why cant you just do a lump sum patch once a night at a specific time per night... that way, the people who are playing YOUR game, the ones PAYING your salary can actually play the game and not have to sit for the 20 minutes or so it takes for the patch to load in.... just to get kicked off after another hour or two because of another issue that can be fixed in a larger patch done once a night?

Doesn't it make sense to keep the players you still have happy by patching at a specific time so people can plan their actions and not get caught in the middle of a tame, or out at sea during a battle... or whatever else can cause problems for individuals who get caught because of these unplanned and poorly timed patches?

Its almost to the point you cant do anything anymore because the patch that is supposed to happen in 15 minutes is now 30 minutes late... and may happen at any time between then and an hour from now.... all I'm asking for is some consistency in when they are done... I think everyone who still plays this game would appreciate it.

Yeah, a little better time management and it could be easily grouped together.

It can have its upside to! 

Lost a bear after accidentally falling off a ledge from a very large sheer cliff face after looting some treasure..  Oh how gutted I was, it was one of those -punch yourself in the face- moments after doing something dumb.

However...  didn't see the server restart notices.  Lost control of my character, restarted Atlas, and I was sitting on top of the cliff on my bear.

I had a very strong -I LOVE YOU GS- moment.  In that parallel universe, I set sail into the sunset watching island fade from view with bear on the boat lol.

A few seconds less............on the ostrich I was taming bola broke at 1:35 every time, only managed 2 feeds each time.

Was going to report it, but a server notice popped up and when I checked it was to sort out the bola issue.

I was trying to use a bola so I felt happy about the restart.

You got to allow GS to fix things like this as and when they can, i bet if you'd been trying to tame you'd have welcomed the update too.