Sign in to follow this  
Gomez Addams

Autodestruct of Structures is sad.

@Dollie, @Jatheish

Waiting out players to collect their goods, exploring abandoned ruins, using the structures built by players that no longer play and sometimes finding loot that had been hidden in walls that were destructible is what has kept us playing Atlas over 1000 hours since December. I know this is to keep the servers clean but it is the feature that we as a company enjoyed the most. I beg, yes beg, the devs to revert back the auto destroy on structures. Please, could we instead every 4 months destroy all demolishables? The  uniqueness of what is left behind by former players is worth keeping at least for awhile as an enhancement to the world.

Thank you,

Gomez, Mortica, Maxim, Uncle Fester, and Lurch Addams

20 minutes ago, Gomez Addams said:

@Dollie, @Jatheish

Waiting out players to collect their goods, exploring abandoned ruins, using the structures built by players that no longer play and sometimes finding loot that had been hidden in walls that were destructible is what has kept us playing Atlas over 1000 hours since December. I know this is to keep the servers clean but it is the feature that we as a company enjoyed the most. I beg, yes beg, the devs to revert back the auto destroy on structures. Please, could we instead every 4 months destroy all demolishables? The  uniqueness of what is left behind by former players is worth keeping at least for awhile as an enhancement to the world.

Thank you,

It doesnt autodestruct instantly. Plenty of time to loot.

• Thanks 1

So far i only know that it didn't go down the first hour or so, even tho it may work in ticks. Ill check the place that ran out yesterday when i get home and post it.

The time will vary as the auto-destruct occurs after server restart. So if 10 day timer ends and server restarts 5 minutes later then there is a 5 minute window. On the other hand if the game has just updated and servers restarted and someones structures timer ends then it may be a day or more before next restart. So the question is how long is a piece of string.

• Thanks 1

If it's a big company or structure and I see the timer really low I tend to note it down or place a marker on my map so I know where it is and time. I also place a bed if I can and work out the time when it ends and put that for name of the bed.

I also like this hunting around loot, infact I found a big base the other day with unclaimed animals in their back yard. I wanted to move from my home grid because of severe lag issues and I have decided to move into their residence or what's left of it. The only problem for me is they have 2 gallions sitting here outside and I can't place a new shipyard so I must wait another 10 days for them to vanish hence why I had another thread about wanting to claim these ships with the timer going down.

Some people might disagree with looting demolish buildings, I do get guilty but then think this is part of the game also, there could be many reasons they don't come online for 10 days but if you don't do it someone else will unfortunately. Generally I'm all for helping others, i'll give free stuff away just to be kind but yes when it comes to demolish structures I like to root through the cupboards and draws just like yourself. :classic_ninja:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gomez Addams said:

@Dollie, @Jatheish

Thank you,

If you're on a pve server.. maybe you'd do better in a pvp one.

The auto destruct feature cleans up the server off all the mess non players leave behind, frees up space for other active players to use and for resources to spawn.

If people cleaned the areas after looting the abandoned houses, autodemo wouldnt even be needed.  But it is clear that besides me and a dozen others.. noone cleans old houses.  Your time is so precious.  We need autodemo and we also need to see our own demo timers and esp our own tame timers.  It's messed up developing for sure.

Edited by Martyn
  • Thanks 1

@Martyn

I agree that things should be cleaned up for game performance and to make space. I was just asking if we could have more time to explore/loot before autowash. As far as  PVP goes, I love the pace of PVE. It’s like dinking around in the backyard.

• Like 1

Yeh like a sort of pre auto demo period, so 10days later it becomes free for all, then on the 12th day it auto demos.  Giving people 48 hours to loot it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DannyUK said:

If it's a big company or structure and I see the timer really low I tend to note it down or place a marker on my map so I know where it is and time. I also place a bed if I can and work out the time when it ends and put that for name of the bed.

I also like this hunting around loot, infact I found a big base the other day with unclaimed animals in their back yard. I wanted to move from my home grid because of severe lag issues and I have decided to move into their residence or what's left of it. The only problem for me is they have 2 gallions sitting here outside and I can't place a new shipyard so I must wait another 10 days for them to vanish hence why I had another thread about wanting to claim these ships with the timer going down.

Some people might disagree with looting demolish buildings, I do get guilty but then think this is part of the game also, there could be many reasons they don't come online for 10 days but if you don't do it someone else will unfortunately. Generally I'm all for helping others, i'll give free stuff away just to be kind but yes when it comes to demolish structures I like to root through the cupboards and draws just like yourself. :classic_ninja:

Very common in Conan exiles. Veryyy common. The repair hammer and all. Never carried one on me because I was too busy grinding but some people swear by it.

Edited by Realist

9 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Just put a claim flag on the boat and wait bout 6 hours.  Boom free gallys.

That is a very bad mechanic. Way worse than ark. Nobody should be able to do that. Just claim something and you get it? Smh. 

8 hours ago, Realist said:

That is a very bad mechanic. Way worse than ark. Nobody should be able to do that. Just claim something and you get it? Smh. 

Pirates......we take things, its kinda our defining characteristic. If you cant steal a boat, you are certainly never going to be a very successful pirate.

Don't get me wrong, it may be a bad mechanic, at least for solos and duos as there will always be a 6 hour window to lose your boat in. It is however not an exploit, but a real mechanic that does work as intended. For this we should give praise. 

I think its great fun for me and my 1st mate to throw down some claim flags and see what we got when I wake up the next morning. Its like a form of Pirate farming I suppose. I average probably 50% success and 99% of those are ramshackle sloops left on lawless. Its also a great way to get someones attention and force them out to defend or otherwise engage in negotiations, hostile or not.

-CS

• Like 1