Sign in to follow this  
FlayAllster

How long does the disappearance of the sinked ship?

How long does the disappearance of the sinked ship?
The ship is scuttled in the shipyard, and it does not allow to build new ships.
All elements on sinked ship demolished.

unknown.png

Patch notes:

- Sunken ships will always destroy after 5 days on Official Servers. This will clear the icon from your maps too, as long the area where the boats were sunk have been revisited.

I believe ships that are fully salvaged should disappear in minutes.  Ships that have salvage remaining can sit around for 5 days giving people time to recover resources. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Patch notes:

- Sunken ships will always destroy after 5 days on Official Servers. This will clear the icon from your maps too, as long the area where the boats were sunk have been revisited.

I believe ships that are fully salvaged should disappear in minutes.  Ships that have salvage remaining can sit around for 5 days giving people time to recover resources. 

unknown.png

don't remove from map, im in zone many times.
1 ship ~2 month , other 2 ship ~1 month

Edited by FlayAllster

55 minutes ago, FlayAllster said:

unknown.png

don't remove from map, im in zone many times.
1 ship ~2 month , other 2 ship ~1 month

Let me know by the end of Friday if you're still seeing them.

Yeah I assume the 5 day timer started when the patch hit.  It did not mention being retroactive. 

@Jatheish ships that are fully salvaged should be removed immediately from the map and the frame should disappear.  One less thing for the server to worry about.  No timer.  No ship in the DB.  It is immediately removed.  If this was the case I would salvage ships more often just to get them off the damn map.  🙂

Edited by DocHolliday

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

Yeah I assume the 5 day timer started when the patch hit.  It did not mention being retroactive. 

@Jatheish ships that are fully salvaged should be removed immediately from the map and the frame should disappear.  One less thing for the server to worry about.  No timer.  No ship in the DB.  It is immediately removed.  If this was the case I would salvage ships more often just to get them off the damn map.  🙂

A good idea.
But there is one bug:
If the ship has buildings similar to the "diving attachment"
And if you demolish the trim first - then demolish "diving attachment" is impossible.

On 6/19/2019 at 12:58 PM, Jatheish said:

Still seeing shipwreck icons from ships that sank during the first week post-wipe.

I can confirm that bug, sunk ships stay on the map forever as icons.

This will clear the icon from your maps too, as long the area where the boats were sunk have been revisited.

From the patch notes.  Has anyone visited multiple shipwrecks 5+ days after they were sunk to confirm if they still existed or not and confirmed if the map icon would update or not? 

Edited by DocHolliday

On 6/19/2019 at 7:58 PM, Jatheish said:

On 6/24/2019 at 8:10 PM, DocHolliday said:

From the patch notes.  Has anyone visited multiple shipwrecks 5+ days after they were sunk to confirm if they still existed or not and confirmed if the map icon would update or not? 

First post 18 now 26.

Let see:

unknown.png

This briga what i destoy in start topic (this ship sunk after patch), and icon still here.

next:

unknown.png

to new ship for test sunk on freeport, to icon here.

unknown.png?width=1202&height=677

3 ship what sunk more 1-2mouth still here..

and main:

unknown.png

hell zone F8, million rift... our company lost 4 ship here, 2 on rief and 2 in ocean(~1mouth ago).. what funny we dont swim this sector after lost ship, and 2 ship removed from map.

p.s. google translation sry 🙂

If you were in render range of those wrecks 5+ days after they were sunk then the feature is not working.  The key to this is you have to be in render range of where they were sunk for the icon to be removed. 

I have an easy one to check.  I sunk a sloop playing around with barrel bombs in our harbor.  It should be 5+ days now. 

you can see what im on screen in zone where sunk ships, i swim in zone, i run near, im live in this zone(first screen).

Tried putting a shipyard in my harbor, but the wrecks that have disappeared 2 months ago (but the icon is still there) are apparently being counted as still being in the world, because I can't build a ship in the yard because it isn't clear.

Mind you, visually the shipyard is completely clear and there is no reason I can't build a ship there, other than that the shipyard is built over the area a ship sank a long time ago.

ok then it sounds like this is not working as intended.  sorry for stating it again.  I was not fully understanding your post so I wanted to make sure.  I think Jat should have the dev team look into this.  @Jatheish

23 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

Thanks guys, we'll check it out.

Oh!

Um.

Hey wait! I was gonna ask you about ....something. Ugh, it was really important and now I can’t remember what it was. Hang on a sec, it’ll come to me.

You know when you can sort of half remember a thing but not really? Like when you can remember the tune but not the words? This is just like that but different. Crap, it’s right on the tip of my brain, just gimme a sec, it’ll come back to me.

Any

Second 

now.

@#$& It.

Can I have a cookie?

Devs should have fixed this icon bug. It's really bad for my company... we definitely can't see anything on the map with these shipwrecked icons.  

ICON.jpg

• Haha 1