Realist

Uh oh valguero is coming

Can only talk for PVE in Case of alloy requirements, as we Dont Need Real Coast defense. Just for ships And Gates. I Dont mind Islands Lack of berries if you could actually plant apples or so to get the missing Vitamins.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zottel said:

Can only talk for PVE in Case of alloy requirements, as we Dont Need Real Coast defense. Just for ships And Gates. I Dont mind Islands Lack of berries if you could actually plant apples or so to get the missing Vitamins.

Fair enough. PvP requires to much ingots though for it to be viable. 😞 I can imagine though that for PvE it is very diffrent.

I love the idea to be able to plant apple-trees or something like that!!!!

Awe PvE and PvP getting along.  How cute.  😄

Yeah PvP requires a ton of ingots.  I made 12,000 over the weekend.  I expect those ingots to be gone in the next day or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sinappia said:

Ye - the berrys are also a problem. If you have a vitamine-system, at least make it so you can actually gather all 4 vitamins on all the servers. It doesnt need to be easy gatherable. It is ok that a vitamine as example can only come from eggs. But they need to be available on the islands themself in a form.

The ingots are an absolute killer-argument if the missing ressource is something heavy. Just allone our harbour with all the towers needed so many ingots, it would not have been viable to have to sail two servers to get them.

To the airship-topic: the moment airships are reality I am out. The flyers allrdy ruined PvP in ARK so much they had to nerf them into oblivion. Flying in any form will completly ruin the game.

They have Seagrapes...

We dont need more islands. Devide the larger (more expensive) islands into 2 or 3 zones that can be claimed by different companies.

59 minutes ago, JC67 said:

We dont need more islands. Devide the larger (more expensive) islands into 2 or 3 zones that can be claimed by different companies.

My idea was that after an Island isnt claimed within 1 week, as example, a 83 Point Island, the cost to claim it gets lowered to say 80points a day later 78 And so on. Till someone claims it.

3 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Awe PvE and PvP getting along.  How cute.  😄

Yeah PvP requires a ton of ingots.  I made 12,000 over the weekend.  I expect those ingots to be gone in the next day or so.

Why shouldn't we get Along? 😄 its still the Same Game we love/hate 😄

On 6/18/2019 at 8:31 AM, znasser said:

If he had played, he'd know that those tiny islands aren't as small as he thinks, and most of them could easily be the home of  a medium sized company if needed. The biggest ones like for example the huge one in a12, could be the home of 1000 players easily if game servers could hold that load. 

That is simply not possible. Even the continents I speak of them needed wouldn’t hold 1000. Not sure how you build but I have seen YouTube videos of the sizes of the islands(don’t need to play to know that) but after my main base is built, then secondary bases. Taming pens, breeding houses(yeah multiple), farms(yes, one for every single type), then we need to worry about the outer and inner defensive parameter. After that all of the large gates need to come into play.

yes, that is how much room I need for two people. There wouldn’t be enough room on the entire map for 1000 of me, let alone an island. Sucks I am going to have to have people farm hold for me while I build. Very sad but oh well I guess. Hopefully they have fun treasure hunting

I Dont know how much freetime you have or what Kind of drugs you are going to take when console gets released but alone the Farm will keep you busy for 2 hours to maintain. Multiple breeding houses do make Sense but with 2 People You wont Breed that many that you Need much Space for multiple. Then if you worry about defens you Seem to Want to Play PvP which  will Force You to Farm alot just for ammo to keep them stocked. So far you seem to be a Person Doing a surgery And Tell People You Are no Dr. But you read some Books about it.

6 hours ago, Realist said:

yes, that is how much room I need for two people. There wouldn’t be enough room on the entire map for 1000 of me, let alone an island. Sucks I am going to have to have people farm hold for me while I build. Very sad but oh well I guess. Hopefully they have fun treasure hunting

LOL, shows you not have played the game, only in your head...
The amount of space you will need, especially in PVP, is way way smaller for 2 people - hell, at medium size we don't need that much space you describe and would not want to because of defense.
But PVP players love your kind of PVE bases, large spread out defenses like a swiss cheese with few guns placed and even less NPCs on them.
And if we are lucky you did not get raided for some time so we find atleast a few gold coins, yarr!

But you will learn, if you ever play the game. You can have all your farming needs on 5x5 (it is only 14 types available).
Your base does not need more space for all the production items. That goes under the garden.
And the few tames you can hold on to (2x bears, 1x elephant, 1x rhino, 1x giraffe) all fit also in the 5x5. You will not need more as you are 2 dudes and if you get raided you are more likely no one will kill a few tames than you having alot. Also alot, will take alot of time to replace every time you get raided.
Hell you could do all that from the deck of a gally or even a brig.

Lucky for you so few people are playing right now everyone gets an island when he wants to and many become available all the time, because the 2 men companies find out really quick they cannot hold them because of cost = time spend for claim

Back to your pipe dream of continent size islands. Not going to happen.
That would be a very empty thing, as most will be on the coast - you know 'sailing game', more gold the further you go...
If you want to have lots of land, play ARK - which you also most likely not did - as without the sailing and island hoping ATLAS is only ARK with rum...

A server with 150 player max would be a good fill for most the current sectors if only those PVE-Players would not be so toxic "I want claim, I want safe space, I want plunder, not plundered, wahhh!"
But we are running into problems when the count reached 20 and they all look - as in render - at the giant PVE bases at the same time.

6 hours ago, Realist said:

That is simply not possible. Even the continents I speak of them needed wouldn’t hold 1000. Not sure how you build but I have seen YouTube videos of the sizes of the islands(don’t need to play to know that) but after my main base is built, then secondary bases. Taming pens, breeding houses(yeah multiple), farms(yes, one for every single type), then we need to worry about the outer and inner defensive parameter. After that all of the large gates need to come into play.

I played  much more time in those islands than i would have liked to, but you've seen some videos, so what do i know?

Anyway the main issue for some islands is either resources missing, or terrible spots to build a port. In fact id say ports are the only places that feel crowded in a lot of those islands.

2 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

LOL, shows you not have played the game, only in your head...
The amount of space you will need, especially in PVP, is way way smaller for 2 people - hell, at medium size we don't need that much space you describe and would not want to because of defense.
But PVP players love your kind of PVE bases, large spread out defenses like a swiss cheese with few guns placed and even less NPCs on them.
And if we are lucky you did not get raided for some time so we find atleast a few gold coins, yarr!

But you will learn, if you ever play the game. You can have all your farming needs on 5x5 (it is only 14 types available).
Your base does not need more space for all the production items. That goes under the garden.
And the few tames you can hold on to (2x bears, 1x elephant, 1x rhino, 1x giraffe) all fit also in the 5x5. You will not need more as you are 2 dudes and if you get raided you are more likely no one will kill a few tames than you having alot. Also alot, will take alot of time to replace every time you get raided.
Hell you could do all that from the deck of a gally or even a brig.

Lucky for you so few people are playing right now everyone gets an island when he wants to and many become available all the time, because the 2 men companies find out really quick they cannot hold them because of cost = time spend for claim

Back to your pipe dream of continent size islands. Not going to happen.
That would be a very empty thing, as most will be on the coast - you know 'sailing game', more gold the further you go...
If you want to have lots of land, play ARK - which you also most likely not did - as without the sailing and island hoping ATLAS is only ARK with rum...

A server with 150 player max would be a good fill for most the current sectors if only those PVE-Players would not be so toxic "I want claim, I want safe space, I want plunder, not plundered, wahhh!"
But we are running into problems when the count reached 20 and they all look - as in render - at the giant PVE bases at the same time.

You sound very salty. I have never played pve and I have probably somewhere around the 4-5k hour mark in ark. 

Yeah I just built that big. Always have and always will. A 5x5 farm? At the very least it needs to be 20x20. Who knows I might make it smaller but in ark I liked mass producing narcoberries. And yeah I make multiple bases. You want all your gear in one building?

i don’t make pve bases in pvp. Complete box without even an extra corner. Defenses of course need multiple layers which would need a lot more space. Hopefully it doesn’t get released till December so I will have a lot more time. I put some pics up when I get stuff built

2 hours ago, znasser said:

I played  much more time in those islands than i would have liked to, but you've seen some videos, so what do i know?

Anyway the main issue for some islands is either resources missing, or terrible spots to build a port. In fact id say ports are the only places that feel crowded in a lot of those islands.

That is the thing. The resources aren’t missing. There isn’t supposed to be every resource on a small island and I agree there shouldn’t. 

Now, if we had big continents then that would make perfect sense to have all resources on one land mass.

4 hours ago, zottel said:

I Dont know how much freetime you have or what Kind of drugs you are going to take when console gets released but alone the Farm will keep you busy for 2 hours to maintain. Multiple breeding houses do make Sense but with 2 People You wont Breed that many that you Need much Space for multiple. Then if you worry about defens you Seem to Want to Play PvP which  will Force You to Farm alot just for ammo to keep them stocked. So far you seem to be a Person Doing a surgery And Tell People You Are no Dr. But you read some Books about it.

No, it’s simple. I am going to treat the game like ark and I grinded the hell out of ark. I am a grinder and I never get board because I just keep continuing to build.

i am also a tame lover so I do expect to have probably 200 tames, so before you tell me that’s too much, believe me it’s not.

as far as defenses go, yes I want there to be more than are needed. I was a pretty anal about making sure every turret was completely full in ark. If someone on a bird flew by and got shot down I would go get his saddle and his gear and then go refill the 7 bullets that took him out. No, he didn’t get his stuff back.

any idea we come up with always ends up being a lot bigger than we planned. Just always happens. We will both play about twelve hours a day but we over lap so there is still going to be about a 3 hour window where we are both online. I am sure a couple of our old Megas from ark will get atlas as well. If that happens I won’t be worrying about sleeping.

edit: sometimes the best defense is shoving so much stuff in a grid it will lag out if someone even tries sailing in with a raft, let alone a galleon with 20 people lol.

Edited by Realist

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah I just built that big. Always have and always will. A 5x5 farm? At the very least it needs to be 20x20. Who knows I might make it smaller but in ark I liked mass producing narcoberries. And yeah I make multiple bases. You want all your gear in one building?

This indicates to me that you have no idea how crop farms work on Atlas, you are basing your experience on Ark which is different to how it works on Atlas. You seem to have no knowledge of the types of soil the crops have to sit on, you seem to have no knowledge of tilling crops etc. You also seem to have no knowledge of the different biomes that crops can and can't grow in.

I believe you have a lot to learn first, which makes a lot of your claims of what you will do and suggestions on improvements void because of the lack of knowledge.

31 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

This indicates to me that you have no idea how crop farms work on Atlas, you are basing your experience on Ark which is different to how it works on Atlas. You seem to have no knowledge of the types of soil the crops have to sit on, you seem to have no knowledge of tilling crops etc. You also seem to have no knowledge of the different biomes that crops can and can't grow in.

I believe you have a lot to learn first, which makes a lot of your claims of what you will do and suggestions on improvements void because of the lack of knowledge.

I get why you would think that. After all I had never played Conan before. Wasn’t too happy that our tames couldn’t gather resources. Found out a lot of new stuff on there as well. Getting metal was easy enough and turning it into iron was just like ark. Then i said “what the hell, steel?” Ok so I figured out how to make steel and started using it. Then “what? Hardened steel?” Ok figured that out. Then @ok, now what the hell is star metal?” Ok cool figured that out. Figured that tier 3 need different types of metal and different types of wood. 

Then I went and built a 60x60x30 pyramid in two weeks. Along with a ridiculous amount of decorations that I usually never do but I did want to try out decorating at least once in my gaming career.

i am the type of person that never paints anything. Literally has not changed a skin in over 100 games I have played. That was always too girly for me. Never put a skin on a Dino.

Even played farming simulator for awhile and I am pretty sure atlas isn’t that co pled with its farming.

i grind. It’s what I do so even though you might think I am exaggerating, I do it in all games. Just because a few mechanics are different doesn’t mean what I do changes.

if you include everything, not just the metal for the pyramid there were probably at least 30 million mats that went into that pyramid and I am under guessing not over guessing. And that was two people in two weeks.

i am sure I will he just fine in atlas

edit: can’t believe I forgot the tames and thralls. The pyramid had over 100 tames surrounding the base and then about 4 slopes high I had a cut in were I had 80 tier 4 human thralls surrounding the pyramid.

Edited by Realist

3 hours ago, Realist said:

No, it’s simple. I am going to treat the game like ark and I grinded the hell out of ark. I am a grinder and I never get board because I just keep continuing to build.

i am also a tame lover so I do expect to have probably 200 tames, so before you tell me that’s too much, believe me it’s not.

as far as defenses go, yes I want there to be more than are needed. I was a pretty anal about making sure every turret was completely full in ark. If someone on a bird flew by and got shot down I would go get his saddle and his gear and then go refill the 7 bullets that took him out. No, he didn’t get his stuff back.

any idea we come up with always ends up being a lot bigger than we planned. Just always happens. We will both play about twelve hours a day but we over lap so there is still going to be about a 3 hour window where we are both online. I am sure a couple of our old Megas from ark will get atlas as well. If that happens I won’t be worrying about sleeping.

edit: sometimes the best defense is shoving so much stuff in a grid it will lag out if someone even tries sailing in with a raft, let alone a galleon with 20 people lol.

*Been here since start of Atlas*

*Doesn’t know what Atlas is actually about and why it isn’t an ARK DLC* 

hey

• Like 1

I like the Ambition but it Sounds like you wont be playing more than a week tbh

• Haha 1

Seems to me Realist has never played atlas and has no comprehension of island size. There are PLENTY of islands. You can literally spend WEEKS sailing from isle to isle and exploring them and never make a dent in the overall map. I have 800 hours in the game and sail every day. Ive seem MAYBe 20% of the islands. I have an exploring brig (currently in M4) that is there to sail from isle to isle and discover. It takes roughly 2 to 3 hours to search each isle. There are 3 to 5 isles per server, 225 servers in the map. Do the math. You literally are clueless and have no idea.  The islands are fine. Maybe they need more buildable land ( mostly mountains and huge rocks) would be nice, but not more islands. As one person said, in some serves the islands are so close its tough to dodge SOTD with a galleon due to the proximities of the islands. What looks like a dot on the map is really a 3 mile island in game. Take the map size into relation. Better yet, actually start playing the game before you speak. You are like the guy complaining about how bad a restaurant is but never ate the food.

3 minutes ago, zottel said:

I like the Ambition but it Sounds like you wont be playing more than a week tbh

Nah, once I get started on a game I spend all of my time on it. I never get bored. Like literally never get bored. 

I am basically just talking to my buddy and drinking beer so even banging on rocks for 12 hours straight and not doing anything else but hitting rocks is fun to me.

2 minutes ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Seems to me Realist has never played atlas and has no comprehension of island size. There are PLENTY of islands. You can literally spend WEEKS sailing from isle to isle and exploring them and never make a dent in the overall map. I have 800 hours in the game and sail every day. Ive seem MAYBe 20% of the islands. I have an exploring brig (currently in M4) that is there to sail from isle to isle and discover. It takes roughly 2 to 3 hours to search each isle. There are 3 to 5 isles per server, 225 servers in the map. Do the math. You literally are clueless and have no idea.  The islands are fine. Maybe they need more buildable land ( mostly mountains and huge rocks) would be nice, but not more islands. As one person said, in some serves the islands are so close its tough to dodge SOTD with a galleon due to the proximities of the islands. What looks like a dot on the map is really a 3 mile island in game. Take the map size into relation. Better yet, actually start playing the game before you speak. You are like the guy complaining about how bad a restaurant is but never ate the food.

To be honest even the whole time playing the extinction map on ark and I only uncovered 1/3 of the map. I definitely won’t be worried about exploring. Just need to find the closest islands with the resources I need and that is my map.

22 minutes ago, Realist said:

Nah, once I get started on a game I spend all of my time on it. I never get bored. Like literally never get bored. 

I am basically just talking to my buddy and drinking beer so even banging on rocks for 12 hours straight and not doing anything else but hitting rocks is fun to me.

To be honest even the whole time playing the extinction map on ark and I only uncovered 1/3 of the map. I definitely won’t be worried about exploring. Just need to find the closest islands with the resources I need and that is my map.

Your whole problem is you are basing Atlas on Ark. Completely different game. Sure, its an ark reskin, but the whole basis of the game is different. Atlas is about sailing all over and gathering resources  from different places. Each region has different types of metal, wood, etc. The whole point is to sail and explore, not stay put and build.

I come from Ark too. I even host my own unofficial ark server with 30+ on it. I am a HUGE fan of Ark and in the beginning upon release I tried to play Atlas like Ark. Its not. Once you realize that and play Atlas for what it is intended, its pretty damn great.We have one brigatine that is for exploring. We keep a bear, tiger and a cow on it. Sail and discover. I put beds and huts down on the really good islands that have resource nodes (metal, rubies, etc.). We have a Galleon that I use as a freighter that has an Elephant, 2 bears, a giraffe and a cow on that we sail to each bed isle and gather resources. That all goes back to my base where I make some pretty cool stuff with all the different materials. We have a schooner that I use to dive to treasures for, another schooner(armored) with cannons to hunt SOTD and another brig (armored) that hunts whales. I do what I feel like doing that day. So many different aspects keep things interesting. 

If you ever do play Atlas, try playing it like Atlas and not Ark. They may be similar in how they function, but the game concept is quite different. 

Edit: Question, do you really have over 1700 posts on these forums and you dont even play the game? We call that a troll lol

Edited by =MGC=Ranger

21 minutes ago, Realist said:

Atlas force you to discover, otherwise you can't level up higher.

Buy the game or ask a friend who get it to take a look inside.

You can't really still not imagine how huge atlas is and how much work and time you have to spend to organize your plots, tames, mates, outposts, outpost-farms...... It's like a full-time job with 200 tames and mates. Also with a friend it's hard to handle.

You really will enjoy the game, but please shift down as long as you don't play it. The entire world circles around the sun, not around you.

5 hours ago, Realist said:

That is the thing. The resources aren’t missing. There isn’t supposed to be every resource on a small island and I agree there shouldn’t.

You have no idea what you are talking about! The problem with the missing ressources has NOTHING to do with the Island sizes! There are HUGE Islands for 86 points that are COMPLETLY UTTERLY USELESS because of 1) missing to many vital ressources and sometimes as well 2) having not a single shore that is usable as a harbor

Instead of writing theoretical pieces here - you should pay attention to what the ppl actually write. Not a single person was writing here that the ressource-problem is occuring on the small islands. It's actually the freaking oppopsite. I have seen more uselesse mid/big-sized Island than useless small Islands.
Take L10 as example: that server is OP beyond meassurement because of 1 small, broken Island that has a diffrent Biom than the rest.

Also as comparison the whole extinction Map is as Big as a small Island kinda

2 hours ago, gnihar said:

I like the concept of abberation cave.

Its more a hateful love XD i got Stuxk in there so often, that thing was a freaking maze. But abberation is yet my Favorite ark Map. The flyers Killed so much fun