Realist

Uh oh valguero is coming

This is going to be a bad thing. I am very excited for ark getting a new map but man, this is bad timing. 

On this thought it is definitely time for atlas to start adding A LOT more islands. And in fact it is time to start adding in the continents that I was talking about. Like whole server sized islands, maybe even bigger.

i am hoping console gets either atlas or valguero soon. Hopefully valguero first because I want console release of atlas to not happen till around the December time of the year.

i think the atlas devs also need to look into making the world a lot smaller and having different maps as well. Yes I know the whole premise was 40k people on a map but that isn’t going to happen. Not to mention the max capacity is actually 33,750. 

Chop the world up and make new maps. That will be a good thing

• Haha 1

I can spit from our island to the next One And have to Sail Slalom to go through a Grid. If they add More Islands And/ or shrinking the Map we Dont Need ships anymore. I mean my crab can jump almost to the next Island. The Main Problem is that if u Look Into the Forum You can see like 30 threads tellin you that sotds are too Strong or People cant Build anywhere,BUT out of the 30 People writing in the Forums what is Bad atm,you have 2970 People Who Play the Game And enjoy it,while the 30 People Who Dont like it make a Thread.

10 minutes ago, zottel said:

I can spit from our island to the next One And have to Sail Slalom to go through a Grid. If they add More Islands And/ or shrinking the Map we Dont Need ships anymore. I mean my crab can jump almost to the next Island. The Main Problem is that if u Look Into the Forum You can see like 30 threads tellin you that sotds are too Strong or People cant Build anywhere,BUT out of the 30 People writing in the Forums what is Bad atm,you have 2970 People Who Play the Game And enjoy it,while the 30 People Who Dont like it make a Thread.

I know you are trying to make a majority/minority argument, but you forgot about the other 53k people that left without making  a thread. The ones still playing are the minority.

all that proves is the those 30 people actually care and want to see the game get better. They are the heroes in the story

44 minutes ago, Willard said:

Aaa for god sake don't add more islands. There are too many.

They don’t necessarily need to add more either. Rework the map and have the existing island formed into bigger islands. That way there is still plenty of sea to sail on. Continents are my big thing. If not continents then yeah I would go with more islands

Tomorrow all our unofficial returns in the ARK.

Developer shut down empty servers until December.

In the new year, we are waiting for ATLAS 2.0.

I hope you will figure out how to give each client to play your game!

Edited by Konvar
  • Like 1

how should you know, if there are too less or too small islands? You didn't play the game yet.

don't try to change something you don't know.

5 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

how should you know, if there are too less or too small islands? You didn't play the game yet.

don't try to change something you don't know.

I can see the map so yes I do know. A bunch of little islands in grids were not a good idea. Everyone talks about the sailing being realistic but yet the world has a bunch of small symmetrical islands? Nah.

they need continents 

Those 53k People were just the usual Hype period Players. Its Totally normal player numbers decrease After the Hype . Islands Are Plenty enough, so is Place to Build. But the survival Part is gone. Alphas been Nerfed to the ground. Ships are way too overpowered. Predator spawns are close to Nothing. Golden Age Islands is just a walk in the Park. X2 Weekends makes everything too easy to achieve. Breeding is easy And tames got too Strong. Before all that just a Common gally felt like the biggest thing ever, now it is just 1 Hour farming

Just because Ark are adding a new map doesn't mean people will stop playing Atlas and go play Ark. I quit Ark in March and have no intention of going back, regardless of the additions they are making. Lets not make assumptions of what changes one game makes will have an affect on the other game.

7 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Just because Ark are adding a new map doesn't mean people will stop playing Atlas and go play Ark. I quit Ark in March and have no intention of going back, regardless of the additions they are making. Lets not make assumptions of what changes one game makes will have an affect on the other game.

True, I didn’t say everyone was going to leave and this wasn’t a doomsday post but you gotta realize at the same time there will be some that go back. I would easily take that bet.

and as far as the map I made a thread on that as far as making continents go way before I ever knew that ark was making another map. They have to keep up with the competition. You see companies do it all the time. One company comes up with a gimmick and the next company tries to put do them.

i will definitely be trying the new map out when it hits console. It would be nice to see more variety in atlas as well

36 minutes ago, zottel said:

Those 53k People were just the usual Hype period Players. Its Totally normal player numbers decrease After the Hype . Islands Are Plenty enough, so is Place to Build. But the survival Part is gone. Alphas been Nerfed to the ground. Ships are way too overpowered. Predator spawns are close to Nothing. Golden Age Islands is just a walk in the Park. X2 Weekends makes everything too easy to achieve. Breeding is easy And tames got too Strong. Before all that just a Common gally felt like the biggest thing ever, now it is just 1 Hour farming

I have no clue where you get that it is normal. Maybe for no mans sky but it sure wasn’t normal for ark or any other chart topper. It’s definitely not normal at all. It is actually very rare.

true about the other stuff. The thing is a map rework with bigger land masses could still have very specific areas that were very dangerous as far as predators go. Mainly because instead of one island that people need to live on and they had a ton of alphas on it. That just wasn’t a good idea.

bigger land masses are the only way to go so that everything doesn’t have to be nerfed in the ground. If the land is big enough the predators can be plentiful because you can move away from them, but still have a challenge when you venture out. I don’t want alphas spawning on or in my base either, but that is what happens when there is not enough land.

Only good things can come from continents.

Edited by Realist

1 hour ago, Realist said:

I have no clue where you get that it is normal. Maybe for no mans sky but it sure wasn’t normal for ark or any other chart topper. It’s definitely not normal at all. It is actually very rare.

true about the other stuff. The thing is a map rework with bigger land masses could still have very specific areas that were very dangerous as far as predators go. Mainly because instead of one island that people need to live on and they had a ton of alphas on it. That just wasn’t a good idea.

bigger land masses are the only way to go so that everything doesn’t have to be nerfed in the ground. If the land is big enough the predators can be plentiful because you can move away from them, but still have a challenge when you venture out. I don’t want alphas spawning on or in my base either, but that is what happens when there is not enough land.

Only good things can come from continents.

The Land masses are big enough to hold more Predator And alphas. Was just annoying as they were able to spawn Inside buildings which does Not happen anymore. Yet i like them to add Army of dead attacking your towns occasionally in claimed Lands. Remove foundation block Radius for landowners so they have to take Care for the Safety of their settlers. 

Realist,  you make more dumb ass posts than anyone else here. The tragedy being that you are unequivocally the least qualified person to post any suggestion for Atlas.

"Number, oh the numbers, they are lowering! Omg the game (that isnt released yet mind you) is failing! Omg i need my comfort console,  where is my comfort console!" - mind of realist

Lets set aside your absolute lack of experience and knowledge of Atlas for a sec.

You are asking for an onerous amount of land to be added to a game about sailing. 

You would also like less sea, in a game about sailing. 

They are adding sea creatures, trenches, submarines etc. You are over here asking for continents and I can only assume trains and cars next. 

At what point do you acknowledge that you are not playing the wrong game. Perhaps you should go not play a different game. Maybe a more land based one. Maybe try not playing Ark for a year then check back. There likely still wont be continents, but we could really use a break from you not playing our sailing game. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Realist said:

I can see the map so yes I do know. A bunch of little islands in grids were not a good idea. Everyone talks about the sailing being realistic but yet the world has a bunch of small symmetrical islands? Nah.

they need continents 

You see the map... Wow... Can you imagine, how big a grid is? Or how huge the bigger islands ar ingame? They're already continents.

With the launch of the last mega update they wrote about some new islands, bigger than the entire one they're planning to implement. The community was not so happy with this idea. They wanted lot more smaller islands.

Now the devs implying lot of small islands for the playing and paying community and it's again not good?

And then we got you. You want a new ark with ships. All free at the first second with GM godmode, fly and speedbuff? And what's about fun wile playing a game? Reach some personal or ingame achievements and take a patient look at your success? 

If he had played, he'd know that those tiny islands aren't as small as he thinks, and most of them could easily be the home of  a medium sized company if needed. The biggest ones like for example the huge one in a12, could be the home of 1000 players easily if game servers could hold that load. 

4 hours ago, zottel said:

Thats not true, many of us where forced from hacks, and cheats, and the fact they added stupid stuff to the game. We wont go into details about the crappy bugs on release. It was the worst launch i have ever seen in all the years of development process i have ever been apart of. I am not alone at saying this. I just keep checking back for some Grand announcement that they restore to a ship game and not just tame game like ARK.. OH ya the numbers that said this is just ark, i can go play that. Am i negative? sure am it was a good concept turned to shit.

14 hours ago, Realist said:

This is going to be a bad thing. I am very excited for ark getting a new map but man, this is bad timing. 

On this thought it is definitely time for atlas to start adding A LOT more islands. And in fact it is time to start adding in the continents that I was talking about. Like whole server sized islands, maybe even bigger.

i am hoping console gets either atlas or valguero soon. Hopefully valguero first because I want console release of atlas to not happen till around the December time of the year.

i think the atlas devs also need to look into making the world a lot smaller and having different maps as well. Yes I know the whole premise was 40k people on a map but that isn’t going to happen. Not to mention the max capacity is actually 33,750. 

Chop the world up and make new maps. That will be a good thing

Oh no not another Arkh map where you get to go do the same crap over and over again no thx

2 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Realist,  you make more dumb ass posts than anyone else here. The tragedy being that you are unequivocally the least qualified person to post any suggestion for Atlas.

"Number, oh the numbers, they are lowering! Omg the game (that isnt released yet mind you) is failing! Omg i need my comfort console,  where is my comfort console!" - mind of realist

Lets set aside your absolute lack of experience and knowledge of Atlas for a sec.

You are asking for an onerous amount of land to be added to a game about sailing. 

They are adding sea creatures, trenches, submarines etc. You are over here asking for continents and I can only assume trains and cars next. 

At what point do you acknowledge that you are not playing the wrong game. Perhaps you should go not play a different game. Maybe a more land based one. Maybe try not playing Ark for a year then check back. There likely still wont be continents, but we could really use a break from you not playing our sailing game. 

Yea just call it a beta if they know what means....

Also there are about 1100 Islands atm. With 3k Players atm we have 1 Island for 3 People atm. If we had 30k Players we would still have 1 island for 30 People. So where do we Need More Space? On our 57 Point Island we have 25 People living on it,700tames only our Company owns And we Build huge (PVE EU G10 ) someone who was there can Tell it is Big. Yet we still have Space for another 30 player to live on our island. Where do we Need More Space?

There would be enough Islands - but to many Islands are simply not viable. Instead of adding more Island they should rather take the time and balance the Islands and Servers. All those Islands without any Owner - they have huge flaws. Sometimes you see ppl claim them, and within a few days they leave again caus it's simply not viable.

- To many Islands & Servers lack basic ressources (I am not talking about Arctic Islands here - I talk about Islands that are as example Equatorial, but for some weird reason they just forgot to add some spaws. There can be as example on a Server an Island that has all ressources like the others on the Server, but for some reason not a single metal-spawn). There are also Islands with small lakes in the middle of the Island but it's sea water instead of drinkable water.
The worst part about this is, that some of the new added Islands are among these. There is ZERO reason for some of the new ones to life on them. They are by far worse than all the others on the server.

- To many Islands lack the possibilty to craft Ingots. It's simply not viable to have to sail 4 servers away to get the missing ingridient to craft ingots - especially if that ingredient is something super heavy like gems.

- To many Islands have weird broken ressources. As example Island 1, 2 and 4 on Server XYZ have Herkinger (crystal). The thing is a light purple crystal. Island 3 for some reason has the exact same looking purple crystal - but if u mine it you get gems.

- To many Island have no possibilites to build a harbor at all because for some weird reason the entire water-areas at the beaches are either to shallow to even park a sloop or they would be deep enough to even park a gally, but there is no connection to the sea to get in. Other Islands would have possibilities to build harbors and park ships, but someone had the need to place at the ocean-floor these huge rocks you can't place anything on it (THIS POINT IS BEYOND FRUSTRATING - WHO GOT THSI IDEA?)

And then on the other hand - there are entire Servers that are broken OP. Server like L10 as example that have 3 diffrent kind of gems and everything you need to craft golden, because for some reason one of the Islands is a diffrent biom than the rest. Why?!

TL:DR -> no need to add more Island: but fix the ones that are ingame so ppl can actually use them.

36 minutes ago, Sinappia said:

There would be enough Islands - but to many Islands are simply not viable. Instead of adding more Island they should rather take the time and balance the Islands and Servers. All those Islands without any Owner - they have huge flaws. Sometimes you see ppl claim them, and within a few days they leave again caus it's simply not viable.

- To many Islands & Servers lack basic ressources (I am not talking about Arctic Islands here - I talk about Islands that are as example Equatorial, but for some weird reason they just forgot to add some spaws. There can be as example on a Server an Island that has all ressources like the others on the Server, but for some reason not a single metal-spawn). There are also Islands with small lakes in the middle of the Island but it's sea water instead of drinkable water.
The worst part about this is, that some of the new added Islands are among these. There is ZERO reason for some of the new ones to life on them. They are by far worse than all the others on the server.

- To many Islands lack the possibilty to craft Ingots. It's simply not viable to have to sail 4 servers away to get the missing ingridient to craft ingots - especially if that ingredient is something super heavy like gems.

- To many Islands have weird broken ressources. As example Island 1, 2 and 4 on Server XYZ have Herkinger (crystal). The thing is a light purple crystal. Island 3 for some reason has the exact same looking purple crystal - but if u mine it you get gems.

- To many Island have no possibilites to build a harbor at all because for some weird reason the entire water-areas at the beaches are either to shallow to even park a sloop or they would be deep enough to even park a gally, but there is no connection to the sea to get in. Other Islands would have possibilities to build harbors and park ships, but someone had the need to place at the ocean-floor these huge rocks you can't place anything on it (THIS POINT IS BEYOND FRUSTRATING - WHO GOT THSI IDEA?)

And then on the other hand - there are entire Servers that are broken OP. Server like L10 as example that have 3 diffrent kind of gems and everything you need to craft golden, because for some reason one of the Islands is a diffrent biom than the rest. Why?!

TL:DR -> no need to add more Island: but fix the ones that are ingame so ppl can actually use them.

Need to agree with you partly. The Tortuga Islands Are crap, missing berries And Metal. I Dont mind sailing a bit to get Mats for ingots tho as it is always close, mostly within 2 grids And you Dont Need that many ingots. But every Island should have Basic stuff like Fiber thatch Wood And Metal. The Problem with the Harbor is annoying. We have so many places where u cant anchor And yet Other Islands Are like F8 ( i know you cant Build there) where u have 5 galleons length only shallows And sandbannks 

4 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

No need for trains or cars. They have airships coming in the sailing game. That should make traveling a lot more easy. The airships weren’t even my idea, but it will definitely make traveling a lot more easy

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

No need for trains or cars. They have airships coming in the sailing game. That should make traveling a lot more easy. The airships weren’t even my idea, but it will definitely make traveling a lot more easy

What do you base this "easy" on? For all we know they'll have SotD airships, or add aggressive flying creatures. Don't just assume it will make travelling more easy.

1 hour ago, zottel said:

Need to agree with you partly. The Tortuga Islands Are crap, missing berries And Metal. I Dont mind sailing a bit to get Mats for ingots tho as it is always close, mostly within 2 grids And you Dont Need that many ingots. But every Island should have Basic stuff like Fiber thatch Wood And Metal. The Problem with the Harbor is annoying. We have so many places where u cant anchor And yet Other Islands Are like F8 ( i know you cant Build there) where u have 5 galleons length only shallows And sandbannks 

Ye - the berrys are also a problem. If you have a vitamine-system, at least make it so you can actually gather all 4 vitamins on all the servers. It doesnt need to be easy gatherable. It is ok that a vitamine as example can only come from eggs. But they need to be available on the islands themself in a form.

The ingots are an absolute killer-argument if the missing ressource is something heavy. Just allone our harbour with all the towers needed so many ingots, it would not have been viable to have to sail two servers to get them.

To the airship-topic: the moment airships are reality I am out. The flyers allrdy ruined PvP in ARK so much they had to nerf them into oblivion. Flying in any form will completly ruin the game.