Sign in to follow this  
JB69

Company feedback 0.3

The giraffe has a difficult time walking up a half stair, half wall, or even stairs or ramp that is only a half-wall tall.  The elephant has issues with this as well.  This is causing many headaches with our build because our animals can't travel our roads.  It may have to do with where the center of the animal is located since the smaller animals such as bears and horses do not have this problem.

There is a point in this game where many players just get bored.  We think it may have to do with the fact that there are very few events that would be considered unpredictable.  The few events that could happen to a player at any given time are basically SoDs, Alpha animals, and weather.  This can be pretty exciting at first, but after the first few hundred hours of this game, it's just rinse and repeat.  I understand much work is being done on things like stability and I agree this would be the most important work, however a plan to implement some sort of PvE event where the player would have to defend their base or boat against additional NPC might help break up this monotony.  Our company has thrown ideas out such as: Varied sea monsters, shark filled Reefs, a faction system with npc village raiding and repercussions.  I do think the player should be rewarded in some way as incentive to complete these events as well, such as blueprint loot or treasure maps.  

The world you have crafted is full of amazing places and things to see, it just takes so very long to get there some people don't have the patience to sail 6 hours across a quiet ocean.  I do try to fill the time with things like fishing or grappling flotsam, but after the very beginning of the game neither feels worth the effort.  I would do more fishing, for instance, if there was at least a chance of a blueprint or treasure map drop. 

The SoD fights can be fairly exciting, however even this event could be improved with a little variety such as maybe coming across a fleet of ships that appear neutral unless attacked, giving the scenario of raiding merchant ships to the player.  There are a few directions this could go, but the very basic would be a possibility to trade with them for faction reputation, eventually decreasing their prices, or to destroy them for negative rep.  Attacking too many of these merchant ships could have a chance to spawn the fleet at one of your bases which would need to be defended.  Causality is important in making a world feel more alive.  This kind of scenario was likely envisioned to play out naturally on a PvP server, however, in my experience players have very little mercy for those just starting out.  

These "factions" mentioned could have home bases spread around the world that could be raided by players, or used by them for trade.  Even if they were only in the freeports, it would add immersion to an already beautiful and complex world.

-CMR-