Salty Del

How much RAM do the official servers have?

I’ve been wondering for a little while how much RAM each of the server instanced have allocated to them. I’m assuming that each server is virtualized, not a unique physical server.

I bring this up because what I’ve noticed is that as a server gets more players, especially 20+, the latency gets worse and worse as more players enter the server. From what I’ve read for setting up an unofficial server for ARK or Atlas, this could be caused by having insufficient RAM allocated to a server.

Then again, when we did the kraken fight pre-wipe, everybody had to turn their graphics way down to get make it more playable. That doesn’t seem to be related to server performance on the surface, but I can see it being possible if the clients graphics setting can impact what and how the server loads itself. For instance, a lower render distance means the server may not have to load and transfer as much data as for a client with a higher render distance.

This is all speculation, of course, and I do not have much experience actually hosting a server, but I think it’d be interesting to know what hardware/resources the official servers have.

As I finished writing this, the thought popped into my head that somebody is going to link the answer that was in an FAQ that I’ve long since forgotten reading.....

52 Grids about 6 Gb- 10 GB per Grid for one Atlas map at least or sya minimum  520 GB of RAM max could be much more