Sign in to follow this  
Goha

Flag Messages

What is the difference between varios territory messages that you can set on calim flag?

Which one has bigger radius? And what are differences?

4274dXB.jpg

1. Displays message in every territory you own.

2. Displays message just for that flags island.

3. Displays message for all islands in that zone that you have claimed. (example, if you have claimed 2 islands in E6)

Edited by UnknownSystemError

Thank you!

So, If I own just once single island, then they make no difference at all?

I've created guest mooring on my island, with unlocked stations, water and more. And  I would love to inform pplabout it, so they can stay there , dock comfortably, use stations, water... But I noticed, that message appear when you are pretty much by the beach and it is too late....

Yes, if you own a single island it will only display there. Once they enter the "green" circle surrounding your island it will display. Depending on the arbitrary system Grapeshot put in place that can be waaaaay out where they are cursing you for not putting up buoys marking rocks and sandbars, or right next to cliff faces. The only people that will see are those that are interested in coming close. The other option is to rename your island with what you want to display. I have seen some that are called Copper/Agedwood/Gems or variations so it displays on the Atlas map if they have island names toggled.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

they are cursing you for not putting up buoys marking rocks and sandbars

would you, please, tell me more about it? Sound like "if you put bouys we will not show ur message"??

Sorry, it was a subtle dig at people who don't mark obvious hazards on their owned islands for when people approach. Buoys are cheap, don't need maintenance, render first usually before terrain. There have been many times sailing that they have saved my ship. So if you advertise "Farm here!" then don't mark obvious hazards, kind of an oblivious move. Placing buoys doesn't affect flag broadcasts at all.