Sign in to follow this  
Whito

Bad mecanics to play

Hello everyone.

So me and my wife bought Atlas two weeks ago.

Waiting for an adventure game and after 140 hours each.

We could not find any adventure, just look for a remote place to build a small house and have a pet.

In this time, we have been robbed and insulted.

While we do not have problems with the PvP this game has an extremely toxic community, because you do not have a penance mechanic for the bad actions of the other players.

You are only encouraging bad actions towards other players.

So thank the developers this time in this beautiful world, but with bad mechanics.

Greetings to all and luck.

PD: Excuse my bad English

2 minutes ago, Whito said:

Hello everyone.

So me and my wife bought Atlas two weeks ago.

Waiting for an adventure game and after 140 hours each.

We could not find any adventure, just look for a remote place to build a small house and have a pet.

In this time, we have been robbed and insulted.

While we do not have problems with the PvP this game has an extremely toxic community, because you do not have a penance mechanic for the bad actions of the other players.

You are only encouraging bad actions towards other players.

So thank the developers this time in this beautiful world, but with bad mechanics.

Greetings to all and luck.

PD: Excuse my bad English

Welcome to ark lol. No but yeah, the community is very toxic. If you play with your wife I would recommend going to unofficial servers. You will have a lot more fun there

I appreciate the advice, but we are out.

The trailers of the game are deceptive.

Once I tried ARMA III, until I realized it was a game for military, police, paramedics etc ... we are just normal people, normal civilians, although games like Overwatch or Fortnite are games for minors , ATLAS seems to be a game focused on a community of criminals, I really do not know if they are playing in prisons and obviously we do not want to have contact with those people.

• Like 2

tbh I play quite a few mmos at the moment and its rare to find a wholly decent community on any of them,and I agree its mainly cos they can get away with it.Human nature at its best eh,but you should persevere,i play outlaws too and i got griefed so bad cos i wouldnt move my shack for another gang,devs have done -zero,but I have found a really good server,not friendly really but not abusive either.just stick to your guns and keep trying.

Sounds like you may have been better off on PVE or a private server community. They are better suited for two lone players. 

The PvP servers can be a bit toxic

• Like 1

The problem is not the PvP because nobody PvP all wait for you to be offline, to steal and kill the animals and break the coffers, they do not care about the loot just want to break things, because the game has NOTHING to do.

And they're always going to be big guild players that take you out over 30 lvls.

ALL OF YOU ARE COWARDS, in real life on the street YOU DO NOT HAVE EGGS

You can either close the thread or ban me, it does not matter.

developer, you are cowardly trash, PUT MECHANICS IN THE FAIR GAME AND WITH HONOR

• Like 1

I said it a long time ago, that a game like this, needs to have a reputation system, with penalties for doing bad things.  This is not easy to do, because you DO want people to be doing some bad things, but you don't want them to do a lot of really bad things.  Let me explain.

You do want people to raid, right?  So just raiding, and taking a little bit of loot, would not really hurt your reputation too badly, so long as you do certain things.

Doors/gates/hatches when destroyed, for instance, would not count as much to the negative direction of your reputation.  Destroying walls and foundations would count much more to the negative in your reputation.  So you would want to raid, but not wipe.

Taking things counts against your reputation in a negative way, but this would only encourage you to only take things of high value.  You would not be encouraged to popcorn people's resources.  Doing so would really add up to a negative in your reputation.

Killing passive tames would be really bad, but to make that fair, you would need to make it such that only food, and or specific items could be retained in the inventory of a passive tame.  I think resources would be fine, and general items, but no gold, maps, or blueprints.  No items made from blueprints, etc..  It should not allow you to put them to passive until those items are removed.

In short, you use the reputation system, as devs, to steer gameplay in the direction you want it to go, and away from actions you do not want to see.

Of course, you would also need some penalties for those actions, and you would need to have an individual's actions weigh on the company's reputation.  It would take some serious trial and error to get it exploit proofed.  I myself would even put in the TOS that exploiting the system is cause for getting wiped, and or banned.  Let's face it...people know when they are exploiting.  Sure, they whine and cry when caught and punished, like with the guillotine, but those guys knew what they were doing, and knew it was an exploit.  Punishing exploiters keeps the community healthy and strong, because it gives the legit players more confidence in the game being fair.

You would also need the war declaration to be able to have a waiver on the penalties for excess destruction.  With the war declaration, you could wipe somebody with no hit to your reputation.  I would like to see that have a way to seek a parlay.  In other words, war has been declared...you know you can't defend against those who declared war, so you seek to pay them off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Whito said:

I appreciate the advice, but we are out.

The trailers of the game are deceptive.

Once I tried ARMA III, until I realized it was a game for military, police, paramedics etc ... we are just normal people, normal civilians, although games like Overwatch or Fortnite are games for minors , ATLAS seems to be a game focused on a community of criminals, I really do not know if they are playing in prisons and obviously we do not want to have contact with those people.

I got a good kick out of that. It’s over the top but I am usually over the top as well so maybe others won’t get the humor in this.

yeah you are pretty close though. Pretty sure they can’t game in prison but just remember, not all criminals actually get caught. I have gotten away with some stuff in my day too lol.

to be honest I won’t try to stop you. I do understand. Once the console releases I will definitely be playing but my buddies and I just do what we do. I don’t concern myself with what others do that much.

5 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

tbh I play quite a few mmos at the moment and its rare to find a wholly decent community on any of them,and I agree its mainly cos they can get away with it.Human nature at its best eh,but you should persevere,i play outlaws too and i got griefed so bad cos i wouldnt move my shack for another gang,devs have done -zero,but I have found a really good server,not friendly really but not abusive either.just stick to your guns and keep trying.

I believe because a good chunk of the survival genre is unemployed and they have a lot of time to be on the game. Not saying there is anything wrong with being unemployed(because I am for 3 mo the out of the year) but usually if someone is unemployed they are usually not happy.

this unhappiness brings upon the saying “misery loves company” because of this you see a lot of grieving because the ones doing the grieving are really hurting inside. We should be bad for these people. They need to hurt people in game because they are hurting inside.

is this your first online game ??

yes people are toxic its the internet. but just because people enjoy doing bad stuff ingame does not make them bad people 

but i find it hard to believe you played a pvp mmo to chill build a house and have a pet. 

They banned a bunch of racist / toxic people a couple of weeks ago, then the people that was toxic said sorry to the devs, next day they where unbanned and toxic in chat again.. 

7 hours ago, Knivet said:

They banned a bunch of racist / toxic people a couple of weeks ago, then the people that was toxic said sorry to the devs, next day they where unbanned and toxic in chat again.. 

That is not good. It pretty much let’s them know that they can get away with it.

Actually the worst griefing I've personally had has been on PVE,cos what can you do if you're not the type to grief back.At least on PVP you can cheerfully wait till they r offline and quite happily blast their base to bits,all game legally too.

TBH you can't be touchy fealy in PvP, is like playing bf4/5 and expecting none of the enemy to shoot u or talk trash, this is the nature of PvP and will always be this way.  Just because you met some toxic people, doesn't mean they are criminals or toxic irl, pvp is a release for some guys, you just need thick skin and to ignore it, if you can't, then PvP is not for u, try some PvE instead.

Or try the best of both worlds, go PvP when you want to fight, entrap or trash talk and go pve when you want some peace and quiet.  Most of the people complaining about how pvp is, really have a pve mindset, i'm not saying pvp is perfect, is far from it.

No one bothers you at all in PVE unless you upset someone or do something to instil/antagonise toxic behaviour.

thats not true about no one bothers you in pve unless you upset them,not true at all,if you don't believe me look through the forums more.Also I don't think PVP should be an excuse for abuse either,when you see chess championships and olympic game sports etc,its not the norm to hear them slandering each others mothers is it?I'm not bothered by trash talk but some players are and whatever excuse they use it doesn't make it right.some of the things i've heard on mmos if they were said in real life would end up in blood spilling.Baiting your opponent is one thing,but submitting them to a tirade of abuse  is just wrong. 

I don't think anyone would start abusing someone for no reason, there is always a reason, maybe not a reason they/you foresee but there is always a reason.

I never take what people say/type at face value, I have to see/witness it to believe it, there is always 2 sides to the story, we just generally hear one side of it mostly on the forums, if you believe everything you read, then you are truly gullible.  I have played PvE for a very long time across various games and have 'never' had any issues with anyone unless provoked.

Sooooo.....pirates? You met pirates in an MMORPG pirate game? Is this a hidden compliment to the devs?

1 hour ago, KarmaComa said:

TBH you can't be touchy fealy in PvP, is like playing bf4/5 and expecting none of the enemy to shoot u or talk trash, this is the nature of PvP and will always be this way.  Just because you met some toxic people, doesn't mean they are criminals or toxic irl, pvp is a release for some guys, you just need thick skin and to ignore it, if you can't, then PvP is not for u, try some PvE instead.

Or try the best of both worlds, go PvP when you want to fight, entrap or trash talk and go pve when you want some peace and quiet.  Most of the people complaining about how pvp is, really have a pve mindset, i'm not saying pvp is perfect, is far from it.

No one bothers you at all in PVE unless you upset someone or do something to instil/antagonise toxic behaviour.

The problem with PvP in general, these days, is the toxicity.  I have played PvP for years, and the reality is that people get far more personal with their trash talk these days, and it does detract from the experience.  People...some people...take things way too personally.  What this shows is that they are typically a loser in real life, thus they look to a game like this, to make up for it.  Maybe they do have a good job, but keep getting passed over for promotion, or nobody likes them at work, so the look to a game to make them feel like a winner, and then they vent all their real world frustrations onto the game community...because they can.  Not because there was a legitimate reason...just because they can.  They know the people they are verbally abusing, are not able to retaliate.  If they did this at work, they know they will get fired, so they hold it in, until they get in game.

The other difference between a game like this, and BF4/5, is that this game is not balanced in any way, shape, or form, like Bf4/5.  Battles are typically not at all balanced.  Plus, when killed in Bf4/5, you simply spawn, and are right back in the fight.  With this game, you spend way more time just getting to where you can fight, such as building a ship, or building a BP ship, and it can be taken from you in seconds, in a fight you had no chance in, because you are either outnumbered in the battle, or the other side plays more hours, or they have more people, so they were able to build better quality ships and cannons.  So when you add to that, how much effort you then have to put in to get back into the fight, it is way out of balance with regards to how punishing failure is.  This is why so many people leave the game.  You can only kick a dog so many times before it has had enough and leaves.  This also adds to the toxicity, because the effort to rebuild makes people take it more personally when they lose.

This is why I advocate a reputation system that would encourage raiding, but punish popcorning, and wiping.

See, we should take note that Pirates didn't commit needless violence.  They had a code.  We raise the black.  Now it's your turn.  Strike your colors, and we will not shoot.  We will board the ship, take what we want, and let you be on your way.  Resist, and we will punish you for that, and you will wish you had struck your colors.

That is what this game is missing.

Just take league of legends for example, that game have been surviving a long time now, you say one bad Word and get reported for it youre banned. 

That how it should be, if youre old enough to play a game with guns, youre old enough to behave, if not, then i couldnt care less if you got banned for it 🙂

I totally agree and really dislike any form toxic behaviour but we all have our dog days where we take out our bad days experiences on others, some people are just generally evil in that sense and try to be as hurtful as they can to the other person to make them as angry as they are but these are very few.  Just like racism, i really hate it in any form and is the lowest someone can be but yet i see it all the time on these forums uncontested but again, all the arguments i see have been provoked which is half my point.

The other half is going into something knowing it could be a hostile environment (PvP) but yet still complain or get personally hurt by responses in that environment.  Best course of action is just stay calm and report it but most times it is escalated even more and then they comment on forums.

I recently bought outlaws mmo and went on a PVE server,built a small shack to start with.New arrival runs up to me an called me a m###er f####r,nice intro,him and another guy then just kept trying to jump at me hit me etc.so i told them it was pve and to go away.as it turned out they were harassing me cos my shack was where they wanted to build,even though i got there first.next day they found an exploit and surrounded my shack with stuff so i couldnt get in or out,now you could say this is my fault and i provoked them by not knocking down my shack and moving when they threatened me to leave.Or you could realise that some pple just think the whole world belongs to them and don't care how they prove it.you do get unprovoked grief on all pve games,just because i'm not always the victim doesn't mean it doesn't happen to anybody.that opinion is sincerely narrow minded.

20 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

I recently bought outlaws mmo and went on a PVE server,built a small shack to start with.New arrival runs up to me an called me a m###er f####r,nice intro,him and another guy then just kept trying to jump at me hit me etc.so i told them it was pve and to go away.as it turned out they were harassing me cos my shack was where they wanted to build,even though i got there first.next day they found an exploit and surrounded my shack with stuff so i couldnt get in or out,now you could say this is my fault and i provoked them by not knocking down my shack and moving when they threatened me to leave.Or you could realise that some pple just think the whole world belongs to them and don't care how they prove it.you do get unprovoked grief on all pve games,just because i'm not always the victim doesn't mean it doesn't happen to anybody.that opinion is sincerely narrow minded.

Now that does sound like one angry mofo and a prime example of toxic behaviour but again, all i know is what you have told me, you may have been trolling him before that for all I know as en example.

Edited by KarmaComa

My Games, they are not all, since the space of my disk is limited, and add 7 years of Lineage 2 from 2004 to 2011  I will repeat for the third time, the problem is not the PvP

w9dyc6.jpg

Surely this is what the developer wants, that people do not play the game, now I am left wanting adventures as a pirate, so I bought the anniversary edition of sea of thieves.

So I've been looking for information, the game is dead, not even the twitchers play ... they have their private server DarksideRP

https://atlas.hgn.hu/

I do not want my money back, there's no problem with that, can you give me back the 140 hours of my valuable life that happens in the game, so that everything I earn with effort disappears while I'm OFFLINE ??

Can?? can??? Can not...RIGHT ???

Keep saying it is a pirate game, and kill the animals of the people and break the chests of materials while they are offline. You'll end up doing PvP with the turtles

Everyone knows that at the time of the pirates there was no law to stop them, they were alone in the world to do whatever they wanted.

This is my last POST, you can continue in your game PVP PIRATE OFFLINE and discuss what you want, anyway I also have a limit of POST per day to participate in the forum.

Good Bye and Good luck.

Little kisses.

Well if you are the type of person that jumps to defend the perpetrator and assumes i've been trolling then I'm so glad you're not a dev of this game,or hopefully not a high court judge in real life either  eh.btw I reported the group to the devs of the game and they are sorting it.