Sign in to follow this  
MagicPuncher

suggestion Something between PvE and PvP

I’m the type of player that hates toxic game communities and griefing. That’s why I chose PvE. The few minutes I spent on PvP at launch helped me make my decision, as every single player I came across tried to kill me on sight. However, PvE seems too extreme in the other direction. I come across players that will just get on my boat and won’t leave, and there’s nothing I can do except curse at them while they laugh at me. I come across players that will just hang out at my house and won’t leave, trying to get inside any time someone opens the door so they can steal our stuff, and there’s nothing I can do except curse at them while they laugh at me. It’s extremely frustrating.

I think there needs to be either a third type of server, or possibly alter PvE that allows violence when it is warranted. I’m not sure exactly what it would look like, but maybe something like:

If someone is on your boat or inside your claim, you can give them a warning to leave. If they don’t within a certain amount of time then the gloves come off, with some kind of advantage to the defender, maybe they get the first blow.

Or maybe some kind of system where you can set your claim area as friendly or unfriendly to outsiders. If it’s unfriendly to outsiders, then you can attack them on sight. Of course, they would get a notification as soon as they enter your claim so they know they are on dangerous grounds. Once you initiate the attack, they can fight back to defend themselves.

At risk of sounding melodramatic, I think most PvE players have a strong sense of justice; they just don’t like jerks attacking them for no reason and stealing all their hard-earned loot. But the other side of justice is that there needs to be punishment for crimes, and right now Justice is toothless in PvE.

Edited by MagicPuncher
  • Like 1