Snappy16

High Ping Randomness!

The moment the patch for this 2x weekend was installed I started to spawn in with high ping (185-255) randomly on all different servers.  The occurrence is not tile specific and I could be pinging a 65 until I die in a tile then on respawn I go to ~200.  Router reset and speedtests clock me at 1000 up and 920 down. HELP ATLAS GODS!

I get a massive ping spike whenever I log onto Atlas,doesn't happen in any other mmo game not even ark,not sure why,could be distance I am from server and data time back and forth etc.But it's definitely the mechanics of the game somewhere and not my pc.It's so bad somedays I can't be bothered to wait it out and play I just log out again.I just hope it changes in the future.

From what I’ve noticed, when I get lag and high ping most is when I’m entering an area with a lot of NPCs and structures. I think it’s just a byproduct of how the game loads new items as you move, and at least for now there isn’t a lot to do to change that.

One of our company members was having very high ping on one server, but when I fast travelled to him mine was normal while his stayed high. Logging off and loading back in didn’t resolve it, but resetting his router did. I’m not saying that the problem you’re experiencing isn’t caused by Atlas, say a server being bogged down for a period, just that there is a possibility that it could be something else.