Sign in to follow this  
ATXHank

More of the same.

“By Dollie 

06/13/2019

We have implemented a fix to stacking cannons in gunports. This fix will not apply retroactively to legacy cannons placed in this way. More than one cannon/launcher in a gunport is a build method we regard as an exploit and, with that in mind, players with cannons/torpedo launchers placed in this manner are on notice to cease actively using them in PvP and to remove these structures within the next 48 hours. Beyond this 48 hour grace period, ships running this build will be susceptible to enforcement action. Thank you.”

I am at a loss, why are the same people that have exploited every other aspect of the game being allowed to make changes vs being actioned with consequences that might merit a change? Has this “Billy I told you stop Billy.  Do not make me tell you to stop again Billy or I will tell you to stop again” method not taught you anything?

It has taught those that exploit the game that the good graces you show them can be taken advantage of with no recourse for their repetitive actions. It has taught them that they can ruin the game for hundreds if not thousands and Grapeshot will continue to cater to them.

It is beyond understanding why Grapeshot has not found a way to police these people from what is a fun game and by simple lack of real action has shown to be complicit to the steady death of this game.

Do something tangible, other than to action the people that point out this inaction.

• Like 3

What was there to begin with that says it was not an intended feature? Is it an exploit for two people to shoot through a window as well? Two fitting through a door at the same time?

Maybe you just have to decide how far Billy had his hand in the cookie jar first.

- Fixed some invalid cannon placements / shooting edge cases. 
- Open gunports will obstruct firing from any cannons that are not explicitly linked to them, either by dismounting the shooter or blocking the projectile

Guess the patch notes answer that question.