Congo

Game Breaking bug` base dissapearing

Just had about 50 stone walls/ceilings, a large stone gate and door disappear from my base. During combat time. Im logging out as Ive replaced many of them and then different parts of my base disappear. Submitted tickets ect. Just warning everyone else this is going on since patch.

1 minute ago, cosinusc3nturio said:

I have noticed the same on eu pve server, attached is an example.

sample.JPG

heres what happened to my base. also about 30 other tiles that were lost elsewhere

Untitled.jpg

a gate, about 16 ceiling tiles and walls.in the middle of combat timer

Nothing. And now I wake up and bases all over the atlas are gone. Because of this decay bs. After almost 1200 hours in this game, I think Im done.

Yes. That is related to pillar placement. Try using foundation. Place a pillar on foundation and go up from there.

19 minutes ago, gnihar said:

Yes. That is related to pillar placement. Try using foundation. Place a pillar on foundation and go up from there.

No its not. The front gate with the walls has foundations with walls to the top

In fact the entire roof system doesn't feature a single pillar

Another day and more deleted tiles. No answer or even reply back from grapeshot with the two bug reports Ive submitted. Been over 48 hours. Mind you this is in our main base AND we are no where near any type of base building limits. In addition, this ceiling is supported entirely by stone foundations and walls.

DFC03A2CBAACBBC1B81B32ACECD766BBD396B687

They updated decay mechanics and this started.  I replaced about 15 ceiling tiles on my dock yesterday.  Replaced 4, came back an hour later and more were gone.  This went on all day.  Curious what will be missing today when I get home from work. 

14 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

They updated decay mechanics and this started.  I replaced about 15 ceiling tiles on my dock yesterday.  Replaced 4, came back an hour later and more were gone.  This went on all day.  Curious what will be missing today when I get home from work. 

We had this problem for quite some time already, long before the auto decay, at least on PvE.

I have quite the building here but I feel like there's no reason I should be hitting some type of building limit. There's maybe 1-1500 stone walls ceilings ect here and about 20 walls in a small area.

My pier was up for about 2 months with no issues.  Issues started right after the update.  Maybe not related, but raises my eyebrows. 

3 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

My pier was up for about 2 months with no issues.  Issues started right after the update.  Maybe not related, but raises my eyebrows. 

Absolutely. Same here. It was literally RIGHT after the update stuff started disappearing. Legit in front of my eyes

Edited by Congo
typo

There's a bug post about disappearing building pieces... from March? The devs responded and said that they were aware of it, so it's either not a priority or they don't know how to fix it. In our experience, it typically happens after we demo anything nearby - even if the two pieces are far from each other. We're just so used to it now: after you demo anything, run around and check the roof.