mojoroc

Fire elemental mechanic?

So it seems our blunders and carbines do more damage, but the insane armor buff still appears for no reason (cutting our dmg by 90%). Does anyone know WHY this happens, or know how to get it out of that nearly invulnerable state?? And seriously, reduce the flippin hitpoints please!

At a guess, stun it with a canister shot like you do a cyclops. Admittedly I haven’t tried getting a swivel gun that close to a fire elemental yet.

We have tried to stun it, but it doesn't change the invulnerable phase... we have been speculating that MAYBE the new antelope's water spray might do the trick (but we only have one atm, and don't want to risk it)

I have conducted some limited testing due to the nature of official server , as of now the stun mechanic not work reliably .

Tried stone arrows , carbine , balista , grape shot , canister shot , boulder , not work , even when i tried to attack when it was casting fireball .

Canister shot and boulder have hard time hitting it cus both travel slow and in arc  .

When it rain and Fire ele got soaked , it take a little more damage than usual .

I wish have single player so can do more testing in a secure environment .

Getting the Fire Elemental wet (luring it into water) will allow you to do significantly more damage to it, we're still going to be making some adjustments to the balance of the creature in upcoming patches.

17 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Getting the Fire Elemental wet (luring it into water) will allow you to do significantly more damage to it, we're still going to be making some adjustments to the balance of the creature in upcoming patches.

most of the time they just fly in the sky, and shoot their homing missile, massive damage, AOE fireballs.

Cant believe people havent tried this. I farmed nearly 700k mythos with a schooner and a carbine to pull them with. I put a ballista on the front group to hold aggro till they're in the water and then let them have the cannons. Ezpz. If you're too poor for this use a puckle guy and a tiger. No cost. 

1 hour ago, Fix this said:

Cant believe people havent tried this. I farmed nearly 700k mythos with a schooner and a carbine to pull them with. I put a ballista on the front group to hold aggro till they're in the water and then let them have the cannons. Ezpz. If you're too poor for this use a puckle guy and a tiger. No cost. 

I'ma need to see a video of that cause I imagine they would just turn and blast the crew off your boat if you don't insta kill it

~Lotus

Yeah that what happened to me , the fire ball travel fast and roast my crew , or i travel too fast and it lose interest .

Also , they fly above the sea level , how do you get them underwater while you shoot from the ship ? The only way to get them underwater is actually having a bait .

Is the water thing a recent change? I remember kitting them into the water and still having cannons and carbine doing laughable damage to them. This was 3-4 weeks ago. 

On 6/18/2019 at 12:08 AM, kampfer91 said:

Yeah that what happened to me , the fire ball travel fast and roast my crew , or i travel too fast and it lose interest .

Also , they fly above the sea level , how do you get them underwater while you shoot from the ship ? The only way to get them underwater is actually having a bait .

Use a smaller ship, s schooner works great. Galleons will leave them well above water level.

We have built a small fire elemental farm camp right above water level with windows for shooting... upgraded blunders and shoot through the windows - it's been pretty fun actually, even though they still have insane HPs

Nothing worth the effort of killing one.

Just use the new camels to get it wet.. lol.....