Sign in to follow this  
Willard

Sailing speed

Increase default sailing speed, get rid of small wind. It takes extreme amount of time just to get somewhere. Whether it is enemies or rare resources (some resources are for instance 6 grids away from your location) it just takes too much time. For people who play 2-3 hours a day its practically impossible to do such things as go for a rare resources or go fighting more than 1-2 grids away. 

After 850 hours in this game I honestly think this will be a reason to quit for me. Ofc it can be highly subjective but as I talk to people in our company this bothers them too. 

I want to fight, I want to go for a rare resources to craft better things. But I really don´t want to invest SO MUCH just to get somewhere. 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

I expect GS's answer to this will be that they'd like players  to establish a community that helps each other with trade. There are some people for whom sailing long distances is pleasurable. Or they have a combat ship with some spare weight and can bring you some of the things you need.

Unfortunately they don't give us the communication tools to effectively manage trade networks, yet. The alliance system in its current state is undersized and fragmented and the chat system is garbage. There's an NA-PVE discord we use to arrange trade. It's been helpful.

Personally, I agree that travel times are too long. I just had to travel 8 zones to do something for my corp. It's now 4am and I've only just arrived, thanks to shitty winds. I've done this not because it was enjoyable but because it will benefit the company. However this is very much a JOB, not a fun game. I hope the situation improves because I'll not be doing chores like this for very long.