Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Stacking cannons enforcement action

Hmmm. I was actually surprised to hear that tweet. Not because you are saying that stacking cannons is bad, but because you said it would be an enforcement action.

you seem to have made some people mad on twitter by going about it that way.

seems a little more hardcore than you guys usually try.

the Megas for sure use this exploit but I have a feeling it was the Megas that had a problem with this and that is why it is being taken so seriously.

usually there is just a fix and that is that. This time you went through the trouble to deem it enforcement action worthy which is not normal. I mean even on the pve weight glitch where people were sinking other people’s ships I didn’t see an announcement like that on Twitter.

I usually know exactly what you do and why you do it but I admit you have me a little confused. Me best guess would be that a mega got hit hard by this exploit in order to cause a tweet like that.

Edited by Realist

As much as I love reading your "constructive feedback" on these forums it may be a good idea to find a term other than "megas", there is such a pitiful amount of people still remaining in this game spread across several official servers and countless private servers, I hardly think that term still holds any meaning, what constitutes a "mega" now, 50 person company? 20?

As far as their actions on this issue I read it as - we have no way to find/take action against the people who have this setup so we will attempt to frighten them into getting rid of them on their own.

We all know the track record these guys have for enforcement on serious issues let alone something like this...

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Kanwulf said:

As much as I love reading your "constructive feedback" on these forums it may be a good idea to find a term other than "megas", there is such a pitiful amount of people still remaining in this game spread across several official servers and countless private servers, I hardly think that term still holds any meaning, what constitutes a "mega" now, 50 person company? 20?

As far as their actions on this issue I read it as - we have no way to find/take action against the people who have this setup so we will attempt to frighten them into getting rid of them on their own.

We all know the track record these guys have for enforcement on serious issues let alone something like this...

My guess is any company with more than 6 players on at once that is also successful at getting their assets above fine blueprints.

32 minutes ago, Kanwulf said:

A mega is a comparison word, not a number.

even if there was only 500 people total in a game and 300 of them were spread through alliances. That would still be a mega.

so it doesn’t really matter how many people are in a game. 

And true. That is why I am concerned they acted this way. Megas get amnesty so I am pretty sure it wasn’t them that did it.

You need to be in a Mega to stack cannons into gunports or to have problems with it? Hmmm, interesting. 

They made changes in the past to stop stacking cannons in gunports and clearly stated its an exploit. If people kept using it rven after this maybe its time to take a more serious action 😉

Edited by Willard

3 hours ago, Willard said:

You need to be in a Mega to stack cannons into gunports or to have problems with it? Hmmm, interesting. 

They made changes in the past to stop stacking cannons in gunports and clearly stated its an exploit. If people kept using it rven after this maybe its time to take a more serious action 😉

No I was actually saying the opposite. Since they are making this an enforcement actions it probably wasn’t the Megas. If it was the Megas it would be an amnesty deal

dont think theres any company on EU PVP with more than 20-25 active players now, funny to see how often the word mega is used, like theres gigantic swarms of players razing grids to the ground every day

26 minutes ago, Gremlin_senpai said:

dont think theres any company on EU PVP with more than 20-25 active players now, funny to see how often the word mega is used, like theres gigantic swarms of players razing grids to the ground every day

Mega isn’t about a specific number. I explained it above. If you are bigger than 10v1 in comparison then you are a mega

I find it funny, we reported tripple and double stacked cannons a long time back, all replies we got from the devs was that it was not an exploit, now that our group have left the game because of cheaters and exploiters they take actions, hope they didnt think i will install the game again now. 

4 minutes ago, Knivet said:

I find it funny, we reported tripple and double stacked cannons a long time back, all replies we got from the devs was that it was not an exploit, now that our group have left the game because of cheaters and exploiters they take actions, hope they didnt think i will install the game again now. 

Yeah, once again, I am surprised they acted this way. It is for a very specific reason and even though I don’t know for sure, I have some theories.

they don’t act like that on Twitter for no reason. Been following them a long time to know that something is up.

Well, our group of 75+ active members (we did rotations, more that 5 days inactive you got booted for a more active player), that was two weeks ago, that group is down to two members, most people left because of cheats and exploits that the devs did nothing against. 

44 minutes ago, Knivet said:

Well, our group of 75+ active members (we did rotations, more that 5 days inactive you got booted for a more active player), that was two weeks ago, that group is down to two members, most people left because of cheats and exploits that the devs did nothing against. 

Yeah I get you. I was surprised today we have actually seen a 10 person increase for Saturday. The only thing is yesterday(Friday night) still saw a 10 person decrease.

in all reality from the 2700 that came back after the wipe, close to 1400 have left. That is coming from the all time low of 3k average for a month.

they have always been afraid of pu ishibg people. Even in ark where the numbers are a lot higher than atlas. Got some ideas on that as well.

either way they need to start fixing exploits asap instead of content. Finish what you have and then add more. After that add more and then fix that until it’s good. Then you can add more. 

Ark worked with just adding content all the time. Atlas will not. Very simple. 

Edited by Realist

Agree, i couldnt care less about new patches when the old one had 20 exploits or bugs in them. 

Yeah no stacking more then 1 cannon in a port hole but yeah we will let you stack 20 cannons on the hind end of your ship.

how about putting minimum distances between cannons of any sort?

Edited by Captain Stabbin