Marcenos

.exe only using 3 gigs of RAM refuses to load

Posted (edited)

Like the title says my Razer laptop has 32 gigs of RAM but the game only uses 3.1 gigs this is on Windows 10 64 bit. The vid card is a 1080 mobile version. I cannot get the game past loading screen. Anyone out there know how to get this corrected? 

I have it set to run as admin. As well as battle eye etc.

it gets stuck loading primalgamedata_BP I have deleted both the .exe. files and downloaded them again, using the resource monitor I can see that the game is using up to 3.3 gigs of ram but has commited 6 gigs+.

if i run in low memory mode it does the same thing but limits it to about 1.7 gigs. does ANYONE know what I can change to get it to use my systems resources?

Update: I can log into unofficial servers... but official ones stop loading at primalgamedata_BP.   so not a ram issue an official server issue... anyone else seen this before? the only posts I have found do not seem to apply (deleting videos etc>)

Edited by Marcenos
more info

My friend is having the EXACT same problem. He hasn't been able to play Atlas in 9 days and no devs have offered a solution or workaround. 

Can we get a Dev to acknowledge that they know about the issue? I am willing to do whatever is needed to get them info... PC info network info whatever...

well I finally managed to connect to the servers after changing my internet... for some reason the servers are blocking the fibreoptic network up here at work. so if you have this issue try a free vpn to see if you can connect if thats the case you know there is an issue with the network you are using.

They should allow your connection, not the other way around with you changing internet providers.

WTF is that all about?!?

Devs!!! Stop blocking your players from connecting! Jeebus!! 

My guess? Some A $#&@ up here at my work camp tried cheating and got banned since we're all behind the same hardware we're all blocked... But that's a guess.

Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2019 at 7:35 PM, Marcenos said:

Like the title says my Razer laptop has 32 gigs of RAM but the game only uses 3.1 gigs this is on Windows 10 64 bit. The vid card is a 1080 mobile version. I cannot get the game past loading screen. Anyone out there know how to get this corrected? 

it gets stuck loading primalgamedata_BP I have deleted both the .exe. files and downloaded them again, using the resource monitor I can see that the game is using up to 3.3 gigs of ram but has commited 6 gigs+.

if i run in low memory mode it does the same thing but limits it to about 1.7 gigs. does ANYONE know what I can change to get it to use my systems resources?

Update: I can log into unofficial servers... but official ones stop loading at primalgamedata_BP.   so not a ram issue an official server issue... anyone else seen this before? the only posts I have found do not seem to apply (deleting videos etc>)

Its not the ram you need but a video card with more ram I will tell you right now it wont use your on board ram.

I am also running 32g of ram and it loads fine but 8G on my video card is the key,. 

Go into steam menu and load the game in low memory and see if it loads. otherwise do a file scan if you were banned you would know it right away. 

On 6/15/2019 at 8:33 PM, Marcenos said:

well I finally managed to connect to the servers after changing my internet... for some reason the servers are blocking the fibreoptic network up here at work. so if you have this issue try a free vpn to see if you can connect if thats the case you know there is an issue with the network you are using.

No your work is blocking your connection to the server, doesnt work the other way around. If i saw some strange outbound inbound activity on my network id of blocked you to.

Edited by Luxfere

On 6/15/2019 at 11:27 PM, Hattrix said:

They should allow your connection, not the other way around with you changing internet providers.

WTF is that all about?!?

Devs!!! Stop blocking your players from connecting! Jeebus!! 

This would be his work's network blocking traffic.  Most companies lock down their network and only allowed approved traffic.  Security security security. 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Hattrix said:

How can doing a file scan tell if you've been banned?

A file scan to see if you have corrupted files in the game,

I ran my sentence together..bad punctuation fk it im old just figure it out....damn kids...At log in screen would say you were banned not after you launch the game. 

Edited by Luxfere

Posted (edited)

Luxfere I know my work isn't blocking anything. its not on my end. this isn't a work related network its a work camp were workers stay to work at nearby sites. and I have confirmed with the it guys that they don't block any thing at all. Besides if they did block atlas traffic I wouldn't be able to connect to any atlas servers not just the officials.

Edited by Marcenos

20 hours ago, Luxfere said:

A file scan to see if you have corrupted files in the game,

I ran my sentence together..bad punctuation fk it im old just figure it out....damn kids...At log in screen would say you were banned not after you launch the game. 

LMAO.... I turned 50 in February, so thank you for assuming I'm not an old guy. 👍

On 6/18/2019 at 8:00 PM, Marcenos said:

Luxfere I know my work isn't blocking anything. its not on my end. this isn't a work related network its a work camp were workers stay to work at nearby sites. and I have confirmed with the it guys that they don't block any thing at all. Besides if they did block atlas traffic I wouldn't be able to connect to any atlas servers not just the officials.

Well these guys dont block traffic you sure you dont have some malware...or a firewall software running or using a vpn which slows your connection way down.

On 6/14/2019 at 7:35 PM, Marcenos said:

Run the file scan on your machine in steam

lol yeah was way beyond that was at the point i would reinstall file by file to see if one was blocking me.  positive I don't have malware I used to own a pc repair business and am 41 years old (ancient I know) suffice to say the easy stuff was tried the first couple days. and I only use a VPN now to bypass whatever the block is it works fine with vypr vpn. the only logical solution is the server is blocking.