Sign in to follow this  
JC67

Stolen animals and crew

So i got all my birds + some crew, all of them on my ship stolen after just 2-3 days offline. I want them back!

• Like 1

Had you interacted with the crew and the birds in the week previous to logging off? Animals don't render refresh, you have to actually pick them up and put them down (for the carried ones) to refresh the timer. If you just leave them on the boat and don't touch them, the timer doesn't reset. Now that people can get on your boat just taming a bunch of chickens and rabbits and just leaving them in range of a trough is not going to work anymore. 

Edited by UnknownSystemError

Some of the stolen animals yes. Maybe not all of them.

This is extremely annoying with many ships and crew and tames to keep track of, it's enough of a chore to keep them all fed and with gold, and now this on top of it....   Pls change back so no one can step on other peoples' boats, (in PVE at least)!!   We do not need even more work to keep our crew and tame safe. Thanks   @Jatheish   

• Like 2

I think if you are having issues keeping track of your crew and tames, then you have to many. Maybe down size, specially for PvE. There is no need for huge fleets in our companies. I keep seeing excuses for losing things ( boats, crew and tames) it only takes a few minutes every other day to go to said boat and reset everything. If that is to much then I think you need to re-think how your company is working.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ivah BlackWater said:

I think if you are having issues keeping track of your crew and tames, then you have to many. Maybe down size, specially for PvE. There is no need for huge fleets in our companies. I keep seeing excuses for losing things ( boats, crew and tames) it only takes a few minutes every other day to go to said boat and reset everything. If that is to much then I think you need to re-think how your company is working.

The issue is there is lack of knowledge (as it is not actually intended I don't believe) that you have to interact with tames not just render them in.

I've had one monkey and one rabbit inside my base for for the past couple of months and i've not picked them up once. I can guarantee you that they are claimable because I haven't touched them. I shouldn't have to go round picking animals up to toss them on ground every week.

Also with ships, there's no public knowledge that they needed to be boarded every 3 weeks, it was assumed, just like structures, that they need to be rendered, as was the assumption with tames.

So no, they are not excuses.

27 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

The issue is there is lack of knowledge (as it is not actually intended I don't believe) that you have to interact with tames not just render them in.

I've had one monkey and one rabbit inside my base for for the past couple of months and i've not picked them up once. I can guarantee you that they are claimable because I haven't touched them. I shouldn't have to go round picking animals up to toss them on ground every week.

Also with ships, there's no public knowledge that they needed to be boarded every 3 weeks, it was assumed, just like structures, that they need to be rendered, as was the assumption with tames.

So no, they are not excuses.

Yeah that doesn’t sound like too much fun. God, can you believe it was like that in ark? With all the kibble farms? People would have totally flipped out if they have to touch/mount/carry every single tame.

wondering why they changed from just the render in the first place. Are they going for a “you don’t use it, you lose it” sort of situation?

but yeah, even if not on here, they should at least make an announcement about timer reset specifications for all types on Twitter.

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah that doesn’t sound like too much fun. God, can you believe it was like that in ark? With all the kibble farms? People would have totally flipped out if they have to touch/mount/carry every single tame.

wondering why they changed from just the render in the first place. Are they going for a “you don’t use it, you lose it” sort of situation?

but yeah, even if not on here, they should at least make an announcement about timer reset specifications for all types on Twitter.

They didn't change it, it's unintended, I just tested it out ingame with another player, turns out it's an issue with tames on ships. Tames on land get timers refreshed just by rendering like in Ark. Hopefully the steps i've handed over to the devs pin-point the issue.

2 hours ago, Chris_Buh said:

@Jc67 

where should that be which island what a server

Eu PVE D4 Hermisea Island.

I know for a fact that some of the animals that was stolen have been picked up within 2-3 days by myself and all of them was within render range. They where all on my ship.

Other animals i have on my ship was not stolen like giraffe, elephant and bears.

2 of the birds stolen was inside a locked cage.

Edited by JC67

1 hour ago, JC67 said:

Eu PVE D4 Hermisea Island.

I know for a fact that some of the animals that was stolen have been picked up within 2-3 days by myself and all of them was within render range. They where all on my ship.

Other animals i have on my ship was not stolen like giraffe, elephant and bears.

2 of the birds stolen was inside a locked cage.

If you didn't take them off the ship it didnt reset the timer. We tested it, render range doesn't do anything on ships, it only resets if you take them off the ship and back. The birds prolly clipped through the cage and were below.

Same goes for crew that currenlty doesnt have a "job".. You can claim the ones that spent some time sweeping the decks...

7 minutes ago, Grongash said:

If you didn't take them off the ship it didnt reset the timer. We tested it, render range doesn't do anything on ships, it only resets if you take them off the ship and back. The birds prolly clipped through the cage and were below.

Same goes for crew that currenlty doesnt have a "job".. You can claim the ones that spent some time sweeping the decks...

This is true, moving tames on to land and back to the ship currently fixes the issue, until the timer hits 7 days again.

As for NPC, does giving it a job actually refresh the timer, so you don't have to move it to land?

6 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

This is true, moving tames on to land and back to the ship currently fixes the issue, until the timer hits 7 days again.

As for NPC, does giving it a job actually refresh the timer, so you don't have to move it to land?

It seems to be enough to assign them to a job, didn't have time for further testing, but i guess putting them on a chair will also do the trick. So far i made sure none of them are on deck.

I'd rather have the floating people back on ships where you can't board them. I have also lost animals in this way, on my tame/cargo ship. Log in to feed them every day only for someone to steal the elephant and rhino.

We shouldn't have to jump on each animal to reset the timer. They know about this problem I hope they fix it soon otherwise I won't be playing for much longer either. I haven't spent time taming for someone to come along in a few seconds and get free animals, outrageous.

The game supposed to be getting better over time not going backwards, I have not seen these problems before so I don't know what is going on. The game has potential but even with 1300hrs on the clock even I think "do I really want to do this?"

If you are a bit creative this opens the door again for some very interesting ways to annoy your fellow players. It is probably important for a lot of PvE players to be bale to have other people on your ship (would also help with the playerbase problem, Kraken etc) or i guess for roleplaying purposes. But we need more control than just "kicking" players of with a menu option. 

We've had some info sent in and will investigate how/why/fix why this has occurred. In regards to being able to kick players off your boat, we'll be allowing folks to eject everyone from their boat via the boat's pinwheel in an upcoming update.

11 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

In regards to being able to kick players off your boat, we'll be allowing folks to eject everyone from their boat via the boat's pinwheel in an upcoming update.

Thanks, i was sure i read that in the patch notes at some point, but couldn't find it anywhere in-game. So im not blind 😛