Sign in to follow this  
Realist

You guys already know what to do

52 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I can wall in all my boats, tames, players and attack people but they can't attack me, everybody would then wall in and then there would be no reward to PvP which would cost a huge amount of players.

~Lotus

People would just hop the wall. Believe me if people want to attack you they will find a way.

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

People would just hop the wall. Believe me if people want to attack you they will find a way.

Unless it changed you can make walls not climbable. Believe me invulnerable buildings would not be something you would get into.

~Lotus

I wouldn't mind invulnerable buildings, but it would need a limiting mechanic so you can't just foundation spam an island. One such way would potentially having like a radius (more people, bigger area) where the structures wouldn't take damage or at the very least massively reduced damage, but structures outside of the area would be fair game. 

But I do think raiding should be a thing, so why not have doors and gates remain destructible. As for looting, the storage boxes could be accessed either through destruction or some form of lock picking. as for boats maybe have some sort of docking structure that keeps them relatively safe. Unsinkable maybe, but definitely open for some form of vandalism looting, or sabotage. Just an idea.

2 minutes ago, Ichor said:

I wouldn't mind invulnerable buildings, but it would need a limiting mechanic so you can't just foundation spam an island. One such way would potentially having like a radius (more people, bigger area) where the structures wouldn't take damage or at the very least massively reduced damage, but structures outside of the area would be fair game. 

But I do think raiding should be a thing, so why not have doors and gates remain destructible. As for looting, the storage boxes could be accessed either through destruction or some form of lock picking. as for boats maybe have some sort of docking structure that keeps them relatively safe. Unsinkable maybe, but definitely open for some form of vandalism looting, or sabotage. Just an idea.

What happens when it's like oh I'm getting raided. *rips down door puts up wall* Phew that was close.

~Lotus

3 minutes ago, Lotus said:

What happens when it's like oh I'm getting raided. *rips down door puts up wall* Phew that was close.

~Lotus

It would have to be worked on, maybe have a special case for walls(Reduced damage, but not invuln). Base the differentiation on the dimensions of the foundation or whether or not  fence foundations were used. Heck I could go on with various ideas like reworking the whole building system to have specialized "wall/fort/keep building" that would be destructable but have a high size limit and have a "farm/house building" that would be much smaller, but doors aside invulnerable.

Solutions are around, just gotta explore and find them.

There is already a timer on repairs and replacements for walls on ships.  Can't the same be done for doors on land?

I still think they need to do a Shadowbane like war system.  Drop a flag(Bane stone in Shadowbane) in the spear or island influence declaring war.  This flag structure has a large pool of health and can be placed anywhere inside the claim, but MUST be on water OR accessible via the sea (within cannon range of a ship).  Consider this a beachhead.  Its where the attackers came ashore to challenge the islands inhabitants.  The defenders have the option of setting the start time for this.  When the war goes live everything inside the islands claim becomes vulnerable.  This includes the flag structure that was dropped for the war.   The island remains vulnerable until that flag is destroyed, the attackers claim the island or 24. 48, 72 hours elapse.  That's up for debate.  24 hours should be enough in most cases to decide a battle.  The attackers obviously have to defend the flag structure and attack the island.  Since it will require ships to defend and attack the flag claim this forces more ship on ship combat.  Mortars should have reduced damage against this structure and the flag structure should have a very large amount of HP to prevent people from just building 100 mortars and spamming the flag structure down at the start.  Design it to encourage cannon fire, barrel bombs, grenades, etc destroying it.  Keep it to short range weapons to bring people out to sea. 

53 minutes ago, Ichor said:

as for boats maybe have some sort of docking structure that keeps them relatively safe. Unsinkable maybe, but definitely open for some form of vandalism looting, or sabotage. Just an idea.

This has been my idea for a few weeks now.

1. Anchored boats do not take or deal dmg.

2. Lower boat cap to 2-3 per person in company.

Now you have a limited amount of safe space and you can log out. Leaving you the ability to be raided in tact, but not so much as to be wiped out of the game.

Mainly, I agree that one of the biggest problems is the klenex strength of structures vs raiders.

The devs forgot a pillar of game theory, that defenders should ALWAYS have the advantage. Remember in Risk, 3 dice to defender and 2 to attackers? They didn't.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Remember in Risk, 3 dice to defender and 2 to attackers? They didn't.

I don't remember that either. What version of Risk are you playing? It has always been 3 dice for the attacker and 2 dice for the defender, but defenders win ties.

17 hours ago, Realist said:

Now of course you do. Do you have the fortitude to do it? Who knows.

i have still never to this day strayed that it doesn’t matter what the 4K people think.

what you need to do is very simple. It is really very simple.

Structures are invulnerable. Meaning you can not attack or wipe a base. If you do that then you will succeed.

all you promised in the main description was sea battles. I never saw “land battles” in the description.

pretty simple really. All tames and ships are vulnerable and bases are invulnerable.

sure the Megas might be bummed but that really doesn’t matter in the first place lol because they are the real problem to begin with.

with only 1k players even on peak there isn’t going to be any kind of economy any time soon, even if they completely got rid of the shop cost and even gave incentives. 

i am just really hoping there is a playerbase left by the time that console releases because I do want to play the game. I really don’t care how crappy it is( I will come here and give feedback).

the worst thing is that we are very closely approaching pre wipe numbers. Some might not realize what that means. The reason I say this is because everyone thought that once we hit 3k it was only because the wipe was coming and that everyone would come back.

well with the wipe also came the mega update. We only saw a 2700 increase from the 3000 that were remaining. From that time till now not only has there been another mega update but also there was no wipe needed. Unfortunately out of the 2700 that returned we have now lost another 1300 since then.

i am sure that nobody checks the steam charts as much as I do but over the last week there has been 50 plus people leaving each day(not including weekends, only about 5 each day for weekends). Even weekends have seen a slight decrease though.

i am sure the next mega update will bring the 54k back though 

it is very simple guys. Get rid of wiping. That is all you need to do. That simple. 

i have said it several times, regarding PvE people want STABILITY and PROGRESSION, people dont want to lose their hard earned ships or buildings just for taking a break from the game, yet they dont seem to get such a simple concept, this is the type of problem that arises when a group of non gamers develop a game, they are unable to connect with what is important to the players, and therefore are unable to satisfy their needs. this game had a fantastic potential, it could have been so awesome and fun, but devs failed to realise what made this game special, and totally destroyed it. such a pity, i had quit BDO for ATLAS, yet i only wasted my time and money.

• Like 1