foulblade

Devs how can you call this a pirate game?

Devs, how can you possibly call this a pirate game when stealing boats takes years? I mean this has to be one of the  main priorities!? Kill the crew, break the doors, kill the beds, steal the ship. You have all the mechanics in place already yet you guys insist on a timer to take ships. It's absolutely terrible. Two minutes to sink a ship but 5 hours to steal. You got to be kidding us. I brushed aside that this was just a ark remake, but can we at least get some decent mechanics?! Also why can small tribes not be nomadic? Would make everyone much happier if you could park your boat in the middle of the sea and log off. Take a hint from eve online. The best pirate game ever made. A small tribe shouldn't have to fight for and defend land. Their should be a way a group of four people have a boat an when they all log of the boat despawns after set amount of minutes or after the personal owner logs off it despawns long as no one is aboard or taking damage. Yet alone how many frames people will save when coming to over crowded areas when others are not online.  Would improve game experience ten fold and also make the game an actual game of its own instead of being ark 2.0

Edited by foulblade
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, foulblade said:

Devs, how can you possibly call this a pirate game when stealing boats takes years? I mean this has to be one of the  main priorities!? Kill the crew, break the doors, kill the beds, steal the ship. You have all the mechanics in place already yet you guys insist on a timer to take ships. It's absolutely terrible. Two minutes to sink a ship but 5 hours to steal. You got to be kidding us. I brushed aside that this was just a ark remake, but can we at least get some decent mechanics?! Also why can small tribes not be nomadic? Would make everyone much happier if you could park your boat in the middle of the sea and log off. Take a hint from eve online. The best pirate game ever made. A small tribe shouldn't have to fight for and defend land. Their should be a way a group of four people have a boat an when they all log of the boat despawns after set amount of minutes or after the personal owner logs off it despawns long as no one is aboard or taking damage. Yet alone how many frames people will save when coming to over crowded areas when others are not online.  Would improve game experience ten fold and also make the game an actual game of its own instead of being ark 2.0

Crew would just scuttle it.

13 hours ago, foulblade said:

A timer is needed, but obviously it has to be one that makes stealing the ship viable. I agree 100% on the rest of your post.

8 hours ago, ragnar cook said:

Crew would just scuttle it.

So be it, but babysitting the floating ship while it claims for hours like it is now, it makes it almost impossible to steal even for large groups.

14 hours ago, foulblade said:

If the player is online then cool but if they are offline then the ability to steal a ship is silly. That would just be taking advantage of offline mechanics and I personally would love to see offline stealing of ships prevented.

Yep that why they would despawn and can't be captured while offline 

It's such a simple fix and apperent issue why don't they just fix it, I haven't played in a while because of this nonsense. I play with about 30 ppl and we all quit because of these non existing mechanics 

I think being able to stay in freeports at the cost of gold would be the best solution. Once the gold runs out the ship goes poof. Make it where a docked ship is just stored in the "cloud" until the owner claims it before time runs out to prevent people from blocking freeports with ships loaded with gold and other abuses. Naturally the bigger the ship the higher the fee.

Yep, I've put in suggestions for some of this stuff, my idea for making ships stealable is to make the steering wheel and sails of a ship, as long as there's no npc on the station useable by anyone. Which as you could guess would have the effect of being able to drive enemy ships you board out at sea. 

They have at least changed the claim for ships at sea, from days to hours, but yeah I think it would feel more like ship stealing and a pirate game if you had the ability to drive the enemy ship, but not unanquor it, so it wouldn't effect offline ships. 

Edited by Mike L

On 6/15/2019 at 5:07 PM, Mike L said:

Yep, I've put in suggestions for some of this stuff, my idea for making ships stealable is to make the steering wheel and sails of a ship, as long as there's no npc on the station useable by anyone. Which as you could guess would have the effect of being able to drive enemy ships you board out at sea. 

They have at least changed the claim for ships at sea, from days to hours, but yeah I think it would feel more like ship stealing and a pirate game if you had the ability to drive the enemy ship, but not unanquor it, so it wouldn't effect offline ships. 

I like this.  You leave a ship un-anchored and its stolen that is on you.  Ship boarded at sea and taken.....again on you.  Could make for some fun fights on the decks of ships as people respawn on beds.  Until that time you have a chance to take it back.  

Maybe you can sail it off and hide it somewhere.  They can put a claim down on it to make the theft official.  Maybe have the ship show up on the Atlas giving the other side the chance to track it down and take it back.  I can imagine the rescue attempts being organized for this.  Mission impossible style.  It the ship is not needed they can just sink it and recover the resources/booty.  If its a BP boat well the stakes are high in that case and keeping that kind of prize would be worth the fight. 

Just tossing around ideas. 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1

I’d like to see the game drive players more towards boarding and capturing ships rather than just  rushing to try sink them would be a good change. I would love to know what the ratio for sinking/ capturing is atm. I believe most companies just sink them and popcorn them as fast as they can. If there was an anti popcorn timer for the owner and the enemy ( can’t demolish anything onboard an unanchored ship that has taken damage in a 1 hour window Unless it’s anchored again) this added to shorter capture times would mean more players would attempt to capture rather than sink IMO. 

I hate the timer as well but i do recognise the significance of having a timer. If there must be a timer for "Full Claim", i say make the wheel usable by anyone who can survive doing so (Make sure Sail and Cannon NPC's don't follow non allied commands). you can always spawn back and fight for your property but ya better have protected the wheel and beds with a swivel cannons. The pirate will then be able to steer the commandeered ship to a safer harbor, or out to sea.. Make the stolen ship still red to fellow company men and defences, even if you are at the wheel. And make sure the ship can still be found on the company map so there can be retaliation.

🙂 BOOM. excellent ship stealing and defending content.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1