Sign in to follow this  
Ben Kor

So you can board anyone's boat again?

Does that mean that the griefing will be returning as well.  Such as overloading people's ships in PVE so that it sinks?  I didn't see anything in patch notes to prevent it. 

I mean, it says you can use the radial wheel to kick them off but that doesn't help me when I'm offline. 

Doesn't work if the boat is anchored, so anchor your boats.  Also, remember to lock up your boat containers if you haven't been doing that.

Edited by Winter Thorne

When achored, your ship is unsinkable.
But it is *best practice* again to pull up/retract your ladders.
Most important advice: use all the animals that you keep on ships regularly. I have been boarding a few out of curiousity and the claim timers of animals on the deck differ ... quite often a few are claimable while most are on 7+ days. So clearly it is not simply a matter of rendering to reset the timers.

1 hour ago, wandelaar said:

When achored, your ship is unsinkable.
But it is *best practice* again to pull up/retract your ladders.
Most important advice: use all the animals that you keep on ships regularly. I have been boarding a few out of curiousity and the claim timers of animals on the deck differ ... quite often a few are claimable while most are on 7+ days. So clearly it is not simply a matter of rendering to reset the timers.

There's another thread on animal claims but you are correct, it's not just rendering that resets them. You have to interact with them. E.g. you have to pick up a shoulder pet or sit on a work pet. I think you can also access their inventory to reset the claim timer. Whistling them might work but haven't tested.

46 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Remember to check the ship's wheel.  If it's unlocked someone may be able to raise the anchor to overweight the ship.

That's not possible, even if the wheel is unlocked you can't do anything with it.

6 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

That's not possible, even if the wheel is unlocked you can't do anything with it.

That's good to know.  Better safe than sorry when there's a change though.

11 hours ago, Sydhart said:

There's another thread on animal claims but you are correct, it's not just rendering that resets them. You have to interact with them. E.g. you have to pick up a shoulder pet or sit on a work pet. I think you can also access their inventory to reset the claim timer. Whistling them might work but haven't tested.

My cows did not reset at all on the ship, walking, milking, getting bucket out of inv, NOTHING. I think they have to leave the ship. (Ship is a schooner with topdeck only still in a shipyard, so a poor mens barn)

If they are not claimed yet i might retest with also whistle one off the ship.

• Like 1

I would advise anyone with animals to get them off the ships ASAP. As stated in the other thread I lost a rhino and an elephant, the guy managed to get the rhino but I managed to put walls around the elephant to stop it, he then ran off. No doubt the elephant will glitch though and escape, he set it on follow so it is trying to run through wall.

Do not put animals on ships and leave them there, I was feeding mine everyday. I have since brought them all indoors.

I have just this minute gone on to other peoples ships and found many animals claimable including giraffe, rhino, elephants all high levels as well. People need to realise now to take them off the ships.

Isnt`t 7 days claim time for animals, i pressume all active players go to ship at max 2 days to feed the animals ,,is right >?

1 hour ago, kolonelu said:

Isnt`t 7 days claim time for animals, i pressume all active players go to ship at max 2 days to feed the animals ,,is right >?

It's 7-8 days claim timer for animals yes. But rendering them in on ships or land is not enough to reset the timer unlike structures.

4 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

It's 7-8 days claim timer for animals yes. But rendering them in on ships or land is not enough to reset the timer unlike structures.

this strikes me as an attempt by devs to limit tames players have , as u have too many u wont be riding them all all the time if at all, so they become claimable , silly mechanic and needs changing fast as at the moment a lot of player will need to fully enclose there animals so players cant climb over pens and claim what they can , 

also how do we stop cows being claimable ? 

On 6/13/2019 at 8:33 PM, Winter Thorne said:

Doesn't work if the boat is anchored, so anchor your boats.  Also, remember to lock up your boat containers if you haven't been doing that.

what happens if u manage to hide on a ship while over weighted then owners lifts anchor boat sinks he cant or doesnt find u in time ? 

Edited by UDO

Guys, i did a test with someone in game and it turns out it's a ship based issue not land. If you tames are on land then timers refresh on render. I've provided detailed steps over to Dollie so hopefully that helps in pin-pointing the issue.

• Like 1

Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Guys, i did a test with someone in game and it turns out it's a ship based issue not land. If you tames are on land then timers refresh on render. I've provided detailed steps over to Dollie so hopefully that helps in pin-pointing the issue.

this is good to hear