DannyUK

Claiming ships

Does anyone know if we can claim ships now with them putting in unclaim? I have a ship that has been next to me 9 days, is there a timer like structures to claim ships now? I haven't seen any timer when looking at it.

I believe we have to wait 3 weeks for it to vanish? Is there an easier way to remove a ship parked right on top of your base? I wouldn't mind if it was there for a few days but nobody seems to want to take it away, big galleon as well.

I just thought with the changes there might have been a claim feature if they no longer come online, if not I think it should be implemented so people can claim after a certain time (10 days) then do what they want with it. Maybe a feature to add? @Jatheish

Edited by DannyUK

I know that it was possible to claim a ship with Placing a claimflag whilst standing on it. That was before the wipe so no idea if it works now

That wouldn't work for me I am on lawless so don't know if this still works or not.

The ship has been there 10 days now and it still remains, I suppose I have to wait a further 11 days for it to vanish.

I don't see why they can't change it to include the timer like structures, if a company does not come to the ship with a 10 day timer then do they actually care about it? Probably not so let us either claim it ourselves or make it vanish within 10 days.

There's a beautiful galleon near me I'd gladly take over. Why let it go to waste?

All boat pieces (planks, deck, masts, and steering wheel) should only be destroyed when scuttled. All other building items should be on the 10 day timer like a house. 

Once boat pieces hit a 10 day timer the steering wheel radial menu would have a claim option. If the wheel is locked behind a door you have to wait for the door /wall to be destroyable to get to it.

No steering wheel? Once the boat pieces hit the 10 day, you need to place a steering wheel on a deck (not ceiling) to claim. 

Sounds like a fun "piratey" thing to do to help clean up the servers and have people race to claim boats left over.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hattrix said:

There's a beautiful galleon near me I'd gladly take over. Why let it go to waste?

All boat pieces (planks, deck, masts, and steering wheel) should only be destroyed when scuttled. All other building items should be on the 10 day timer like a house. 

Once boat pieces hit a 10 day timer the steering wheel radial menu would have a claim option. If the wheel is locked behind a door you have to wait for the door /wall to be destroyable to get to it.

No steering wheel? Once the boat pieces hit the 10 day, you need to place a steering wheel on a deck (not ceiling) to claim. 

Sounds like a fun "piratey" thing to do to help clean up the servers and have people race to claim boats left over.

I agree, that's what I thought also, what a waste. I've been on the galleon here looking at all the storage boxes on board thinking all this is just going to vanish when someone could actually claim it.

Unfortunately I have to wait 3 weeks before I can build because it is right in the way of where I want to place a shipyard, I tried to place it but I can't "to close to enemy" I don't know why we have to wait for them to vanish but once the timer goes down I agree it should be able to be taken over to do as you wish.

I looked at the patch notes and it says 4 weeks for PvP, I know it was 3 weeks to wait in PvE but looks like it had been increased?

19 hours ago, Hattrix said:

Or perhaps a 3 stage process, 

After 14 day allow the ship to be boarded (including for PVE) and steering wheel to become destructible. The new company can then place their own steering wheel which then starts a 7 day claim counter. This gives the original owner a chance to return and reclaim his ship by replacing with a new wheel of his own.
At the end of the next 7 days (21 days) it is then claimed by the new company or if not claimed a new radial option to scuttle ship which can then be salvaged
After 3 days remove completely
Either way, there should be a count down timer and a "About to expire" warning in the companies log.

This would definitely encourage a new type of profession of travelling salvage crews

• Like 2