Blackorin

Under Water Rocks

Hey devs,

Can you please fix where pillars can be placed to the HUGE rocks under water.

I really want to build a bigger dock/pier but yet I can't break these rocks at all. So please for the love of God allow us to break the rocks or fix the snap point to the rocks so we can build.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Blackorin said:

Hey devs,

Can you please fix where pillars can be placed to the HUGE rocks under water.

I really want to build a bigger dock/pier but yet I can't break these rocks at all. So please for the love of God allow us to break the rocks or fix the snap point to the rocks so we can build.

Funny I just ran into this the other day!  Granted I was about 100 feet deep but I needed to extend my dock and could not because of this very thing!

Edited by Captain Stabbin

i have the same problem. The rocks might be 20 or so feet under the hull but i can't stretch the dock out enough to make a proper match up to the side of the ship because it won't let me place additional foundation support in any direction. Uncerimoniously crushed my dock expansion aspirations.

On 6/13/2019 at 12:52 PM, Caveman said:

i have the same problem. The rocks might be 20 or so feet under the hull but i can't stretch the dock out enough to make a proper match up to the side of the ship because it won't let me place additional foundation support in any direction. Uncerimoniously crushed my dock expansion aspirations.

Tried an underwater cliff platform? Sometimes that can provide foundational support if the lines from your dock horizontally trace down to them, even without being attached.

4 hours ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

Tried an underwater cliff platform? Sometimes that can provide foundational support if the lines from your dock horizontally trace down to them, even without being attached.

Thats a good idea. I'll have to try that

Edited by Blackorin

On 6/14/2019 at 10:56 PM, Blackorin said:

Thats a good idea. I'll have to try that

Update! tried that and i can't get it to place underwater at all

Having to build around them is difficult. There are areas where is literally impossible to close because of this big boulders. I agree with the OP.

• Thanks 1

We have the central island on I8 Na Pve, on the south side, about 200m out from shore is a massive string of underwater rocks.  Outside my base alone I've placed nearly 20 buoys to warn of their locations.  Getting into and out of my base is extremely difficult.   I'm actually considering changing the layout because of all the rocks, with an intention to build a seabase directly over the rocks to stop other players accidentally hitting them.

Every day I see 2-3 ships smashing into them and they can easily rip the planks out from a brig or galleon, esp if you hit them in rain storms.

• Thanks 1

The level designer who placed the rocks along the equator was a total sadist. They seem to have purposely placed an enormous number of them just inches below the waterline in deep blue water in a region that sees lots of storms, and of course they don't show up on charts. That's just a formula for rage quitting.

I did build a seabase in G8 directly over a cluster that killed one of our ships as "revenge".

Nowadays I go so far as to throw away treasure maps that have a 7, 8, or 9 in them, just to avoid the wreckapalooza.

Do the Devs even look at this? Would love some answer from them on this subject. Jatheish please give us some feedback on this.

I agree with OP on this. Game should either allow destruction of theses Boulders or make them provide pillars support. The latter option should work cause above water big rocks do provide support if you have pillars on them.

It is necessary to redraw all maps. A large stone under water is not an object of interaction. This is the Landscape.

Please remove these pitfalls after the next cleaning!