Evir

Torpedo nerfs

Checking back in on the game, after multiple warnings about how they shouldn't add torpedoes in the first place, because they would be extremely overpowered in a game that relies on sail power, they have been nerfed multiple times by huge amounts and will continue to be nerfed over and over again.

Why are torpedoes and sail power bad? Because torpedoes are supposed to be high damage weapons and the counter to them is to dodge them so that the enemy wastes their shots. However, under sail power, if you turn into the wind because that is your only option to get out of the way, you basically come to a full stop when your sails go red. The enemy just has to get you to turn then they can dump torpedoes into you and you get destroyed. 

Now the devs will have to nerf them into the ground because of that and make them more on par with large cannons just to prevent this from happening.

Anyone that has ever played World of Warships can tell you how bad of an idea it is to add torpedoes to the game where ships cannot turn to avoid the torpedoes.

Edited by Evir
  • Like 1

dont worry next mega theyll address the issue by adding steel hulled steam boats 🤣

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Remo said:

dont worry next mega theyll address the issue by adding steel hulled steam boats 🤣

Actually the addition of non steam iron hulls would be cool.  Historically it was the next evolution!

And then wooden ships are worthless.   It has to stop somewhere.  Keep that up and we we'll have aircraft carriers by the time it launches. 

Edited by DocHolliday

35 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

And then wooden ships are worthless.   It has to stop somewhere.  Keep that up and we we'll have aircraft carriers by the time it launches. 

in a way, any ship with a catapult and a glider wielding occupant, is an aircraft carrier. 

• Like 1

You just have to be difficult don't you?  🙂

Btw, I thought you would appreciate that we setup a cock fighting ring on one of our islands.  Our alliance is currently breeding chickens to fight to the death.  Betting on these fights will be mandatory for all participants.  Bets at a minimum will include gold, but people can be as creative as they want for these bets.  We have a cage and guillotine next to the mini-coliseum for those that do not pay up.

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

*Holds out hand* 

Aircraft carrier plz.

2 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

You just have to be difficult don't you?  🙂

Btw, I thought you would appreciate that we setup a cock fighting ring on one of our islands.  Our alliance is currently breeding chickens to fight to the death.  Betting on these fights will be mandatory for all participants.  Bets at a minimum will include gold, but people can be as creative as they want for these bets.  We have a cage and guillotine next to the mini-coliseum for those that do not pay up.

I love it. Like dodo wars in ark. 🙂 Ill start breeding chickens to join in immediately lol. 
I've just been helping furthering my guild on the "atlas world stage". We are going to be making the official gladiator pits open for the public soon. Its gonna be a thing before ya know it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

*Holds out hand* 

Aircraft carrier plz.

You'll take your AT-AT and like it!

Well if they nerf the torpedo, they'll have to reduce how costly it is.  Can't imagine firing cannonballs that are 80 mythos a piece  lol  😄

18 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

I love it. Like dodo wars in ark. 🙂 Ill start breeding chickens to join in immediately lol. 
I've just been helping furthering my guild on the "atlas world stage". We are going to be making the official gladiator pits open for the public soon. Its gonna be a thing before ya know it.

We have a couple of gladiators that could be champions.  I look forward to it! 

We had a couple people who were setting the Cock fighting up go on trips the last coupe of weeks so its kinda slowed down.  Hopefully they can get back on track and start this up.  Going to do company and ally invites at first.  If it works we can open it up. 

Edited by DocHolliday

On 6/12/2019 at 8:43 AM, Evir said:

Checking back in on the game, after multiple warnings about how they shouldn't add torpedoes in the first place, because they would be extremely overpowered in a game that relies on sail power, they have been nerfed multiple times by huge amounts and will continue to be nerfed over and over again.

Why are torpedoes and sail power bad? Because torpedoes are supposed to be high damage weapons and the counter to them is to dodge them so that the enemy wastes their shots. However, under sail power, if you turn into the wind because that is your only option to get out of the way, you basically come to a full stop when your sails go red. The enemy just has to get you to turn then they can dump torpedoes into you and you get destroyed. 

Now the devs will have to nerf them into the ground because of that and make them more on par with large cannons just to prevent this from happening.

Anyone that has ever played World of Warships can tell you how bad of an idea it is to add torpedoes to the game where ships cannot turn to avoid the torpedoes.

Well of course Torpedos were a horrible idea. But to be honest, the submarines were a horrible idea in the first place as well..

here is the part where people really need to listen because it it awesome. We actually have another thread on these forums talking about how boring it is to sail.

eventually we are going to get airships. The really funny thing is that people are excited about airships because it is something new.

out of the 2k people max that will be left, half will have an airship and half won’t. We will come to the situation of people not having an airship. Mind you this won’t be the usual “hey I am a solo and I can’t get a galleon”

this will be a “hey, everyone else is in the air and I am stuck at sea” kind of situation. So if they ever add airships then they are completely screwed.

the reasons for that are 1. If anyone has an airship then they can easily raid(people won’t like that).

2. There will be a mega wall, I won’t use the bs excuse of any other wall(we all know it’s a mega wall)

3. This is my favorite part.... you won’t have to sail anymore.

no need to sail around islands or worry about  Sotd? Hell yeah sign me up.

message to the devs. Make sure airships are in the game by console release.

the funny part is some of the guys defending sailing still want airships. It’s like “you know atlas is done after that right?”

i don’t care if it is done or not, I am looking forward to airships because that will “literally” be the end of that long sail time.

so yes, let’s okease get this air show going 👍

Should add firework like rockets.. Hwacha style.. maybe with a slight rng flightpath for extra fun.