Deatox69

Claim Flag limite kill PVE server ( For Dev )

I cant not figure your strat for this game but  claiming zone flag systeme is realy bad , why  you give to the player the possibility to install multiple flag , after some time the new player can not get any spot in game , for this moment i see island whit 100 % claiming zone by 1 players  so its realy bad.

Claiming zone not suppose the desable the resourse respown , at this time on my A12 island on PVE  NA  i cant find any metal nod only because 70% of this island is claiming by player .

The best way you can setup the PVE Server is to give player only 1 claiming flag , so if you have groupe of 5 you can claim 5 spot on the same crew , this is perfect.

Other ting remove the claiming spot  desable respawn ,  structure can desable  spawn  this is ok but  flag is not good way to setup pve server.

Sorry for my bad english but but i try to give you a good way to  fix this big mistake tkx

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I made an account just to comment this.

This is such a great idea, each player has one flag and they can give it away for his company owner if they want. I wish the system was like that. Why dont you post it on Atlas Reddit page? People will love this idea.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MindOfMadness said:

It's becoming quite clear they don't give a shit about PvE players

This isn't so.  More likely they have bigger fish to fry in their first week working this game with players online. I'm not sure how people are missing the big strides towards consistent play-ability on a massive scale multiple server system like this.

You guys dont understand. There are too many people for this game even with this huge server. All the solo players want a spot of land in which they are going to build a base etc. Those buildings prevent resource respawn around them. If all the solos built their own place islands would be barren waste lands.  We are a large 11+ company with a descent size part of land. most of which is unbuilt on. Theres hardly any resources on our main claim that we all live on, but the others stay pristine because our claims prevent people from building there.

Im sorry you had issues or waited to get the game. You had to know this was going to be a land rush. Its unfortunate for you but taking away from me and every other descent size company wont solve your problem it will make it worse.  They need to open another server.

• Like 2

Can't build anywhere (all land claimed and now has a 3 day timer so good luck claiming anything), can't sail anywhere (ghost ships killing everything), ships getting sunk floating by islands or by freeports (Griefing by large companies), and they keep fixing the PvP stuff while not saying a word about PvE...

It speaks for itself.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Traven Guthrie said:

You guys dont understand. There are too many people for this game even with this huge server. All the solo players want a spot of land in which they are going to build a base etc. Those buildings prevent resource respawn around them. If all the solos built their own place islands would be barren waste lands.  We are a large 11+ company with a descent size part of land. most of which is unbuilt on. Theres hardly any resources on our main claim that we all live on, but the others stay pristine because our claims prevent people from building there.

Im sorry you had issues or waited to get the game. You had to know this was going to be a land rush. Its unfortunate for you but taking away from me and every other descent size company wont solve your problem it will make it worse.  They need to open another server.

You type of players are the problem. Don't need that big of a claim.And for solo players most would be happy with a claim on a beach to build a house and a shipyard.Your just being greedy so you can think your a big shot in the game.

• Like 6

Sigh. Im not a big shot. A company of 11+ is big but not big shot worthy.  But again, you are speaking through anger and frustration because you cant stomach playing a game with other people and dont realize that your way would be very very bad. Ive been approached by easily a hundred solo players either trying to steal or begging for land. Now a single player or duo wont do much damage, but imagine if all hundred stuffed in? Again the island would be wasteland and no one would be able to build anything. And the idea that solo players should have everything a group works for without the group is a mentality that is seriously harming gaming as we know it.

No, I dont need that big of a claim to build on. But the dozens of players that harvest resources on our lands sure dont mind it.

And in all honesty, you know if our situations were reversed you would be saying the same thing I am.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

So... We have a small spot that we found finally... IN THE FROZEN TUNDRA! So we busted our tails, got a decent boat, and sailed the seas to find a new home. NOTHING is able to be claimed...  I can't even find a spot to squeeze in a flag off the coast of anywhere decent. 99% of every flag claim has no structures on them any way... This is so ridiculous. Sailing for HOURS and can't find anywhere to settle down. 4 grids 8+ islands, NOT ONE SPOT to place a claim :(

2 minutes ago, ReVeNgE said:

So... We have a small spot that we found finally... IN THE FROZEN TUNDRA! So we busted our tails, got a decent boat, and sailed the seas to find a new home. NOTHING is able to be claimed...  I can't even find a spot to squeeze in a flag off the coast of anywhere decent. 99% of every flag claim has no structures on them any way... This is so ridiculous. Sailing for HOURS and can't find anywhere to settle down. 4 grids 8+ islands, NOT ONE SPOT to place a claim 😞

Careful pulling into islands. People are sinking ships by filling inventory with rocks and piling on your boat overloading them...  No defense against it in PvE and devs won't even acknowledge  there's a problem.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

hope the devs listen to this i think 1 flag per person at any one time is fair also they need it so if there is not a fully formed structure on the claim it should reduce the time for the claim to be contested to like 12 hrs instead of 3 days. come on devs cause this is game breaking.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Daggit said:

hope the devs listen to this i think 1 flag per person at any one time is fair also they need it so if there is not a fully formed structure on the claim it should reduce the time for the claim to be contested to like 12 hrs instead of 3 days. come on devs cause this is game breaking.

They haven't even mentioned it as something they're working on. Pretty sure they have no shits to give.

2 flags per tribe unlock lvl 30/40 for couple more for PVE server. Even saying that PVE server should not really need the flags there pointless 

My friend and I had about 10 flags to claim a small portion of an island. Logged in to make sure all my flags were updated to 3 days after the patch. Then went to sleep. When I logged back in 4 hours later all my stuff was stolen. Ship. House. Everything. NA PVE server. Devs give us an update to something. I cant even steal back my property because the three day thing works for the thieves.

• Sad 2

well i wouldent mind giving room for more people on island im at, the issue is claim flags are atm wonky, they overlap eachother  , can place multi of them and they still wont protect your base  ,and if you are unlucky enough people can claim your base due some spotty claim mechanics -.-

19 hours ago, MindOfMadness said:

Careful pulling into islands. People are sinking ships by filling inventory with rocks and piling on your boat overloading them...  No defense against it in PvE and devs won't even acknowledge  there's a problem.

Typical griefer mindset, just have to try to ruin things for everyone.

20 hours ago, vispera said:

You type of players are the problem. Don't need that big of a claim.And for solo players most would be happy with a claim on a beach to build a house and a shipyard.Your just being greedy so you can think your a big shot in the game.

I think the game is at fault here, not the player. Did you know there is a building called the Taxation Bank? Any resources harvested in your territory you get a percentage of it. There is a massive incentive to capture as much of the resource rich land as possible , this is exactly how the game is designed.

In 3 hours we had hundreds of metal, and thousands of wood and stone... the tax alone from the bank is generating enough materials to build our Brig....  

If this bank did not exist I would agree 100% that 1 claim per person is enough, but when you have this building there is a reason to capture as much as possible.

Edited by Sinate
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Sinate said:

I think the game is at fault here, not the player. Did you know there is a building called the Taxation Bank? Any resources harvested in your territory you get a percentage of it. There is a massive incentive to capture as much of the resource rich land as possible , this is exactly how the game is designed.

In 3 hours we had hundreds of metal, and thousands of wood and stone... the tax alone from the bank is generating enough materials to build our Brig....  

If this bank did not exist I would agree 100% that 1 claim per person is enough, but when you have this building there is a reason to capture as much as possible.

And it makes sense on PvP servers but when we can't even claim land unless someone hasn't been online for 3 days, it's bullshit.

1 minute ago, Sinate said:

I did know about it and in pvp i can see this working great. But in pve its poor design plus if there is no land to claim there is no building and if no one can build there is no pvp or pve. So when you say its not players it really is and its the game. But i really dont care im just waiting out the server host to catch up on servers.

As a follow up, just remember that around 40% of the most desirable regions (not freezing or high desert) are currently lawless and can not be built on. They made lawless regions starter zones because the freeports were overloaded. Once the lawless regions become claimable again this issue will not be that big.

Currently approximately 50 regions are "lawless" that are used as starting zones. This will change as the rush dies down. 100 people per region, more than that and it gets super laggy. 5k people?

Just now, Sinate said:

As a follow up, just remember that around 40% of the most desirable regions (not freezing or high desert) are currently lawless and can not be built on. They made lawless regions starter zones because the freeports were overloaded. Once the lawless regions become claimable again this issue will not be that big.

Currently approximately 50 regions are "lawless" that are used as starting zones. This will change as the rush dies down. 100 people per region, more than that and it gets super laggy. 5k people?

Your funny have you seen lawless islands they are filled with people. When they convert those islands wont be no land there either. And half the people that are there will lose their stuff because we are packed in so close together.One flag will cover 3 other peoples shipyards.

• Like 3