12/8 8:45 PM PST EDIT: We are looking into the issue where beds that were placed on land before the patch are now out of claim. Thanks for your reports and patience!
The holiday season is here! In the spirit of the Holidays, we set sail for a little trip up to the North Pole to bring back some Holiday loot and festivities to ATLAS! Sail the Seas in a fancy new Santa Hat or Top Hat, and craft festive decorations! Safely have a “Company” Holiday Party here on ATLAS!
Looking for the perfect gift? How about the new Ramming Ship? That’s right, the Ship Salesman is now officially open for business! He can be found selling our latest ship - the Ramming Galley - on his island in the center of Freeport grids. The Ramming Galley features rowers, 20 cannons, and a ram that deals bonus damage when ramming other ships.
Rowers, a new feature currently unique to the Ramming Galley, give a burst of speed to intercept and ram other ships. Using rowers requires use of the ship's Rowing Stamina. Once Rowing Stamina is depleted, rowing will cease and the stamina will regenerate over time.
As the first ship using our new ship system, the Ramming Galley will function a bit differently from previous ships. In addition to HP numbers changing, holes will appear in parts of the ship as they become damaged. As the damage worsens, the holes will grow, giving pirates a better visual indicator to determine how damaged each part of their ship is! Be sure to keep your ship repaired since rowers and weapons will only function if the part of the ship they're on has sufficient health.
Repairing the Ramming Galley will require the use of a new item: the Patch Kit. No longer will you need to haul planks and raw resources to ensure your ship stays in pristine condition!
Since the Ramming Galley already comes equipped with a large arsenal of weapons, players will not be able to build additional weapons on it. Workstations and furniture can be constructed freely, and existing stairs, doors, and sails can be switched out with player-made variants. Although walls and other structures cannot currently be constructed on ships, we would like to iterate on this in the future to allow pirates to customize their ships with a variety of rooms below deck.
We hope you enjoy the new Ramming Galley and Holiday festivities! We are still hard at work continuing to fine-tune the Markets and Trade system, among other optimization and performance improvements. It’s a long-term process, and we want you to know that even if certain changes are not seen right away - we are taking the steps to move these things along. Thanks again for all of your support and feedback!
Released Patch Notes
New Ship: Ramming Galley
- Cost: 22,000 Gold
- Weapons: 18 Standard Cannons, 2 forward-facing Large Cannons
- Special Features: Rowers, Ram
- Max Level: 60
- Sail Points: 4.0
- Repair Resource: Patch Kit
New Item: Patch Kit
The Patch Kit is a new item used for repairing the Ramming Galley. It can be crafted in the Smithy after learning the Shipwright skill in the Seamanship tree. To use, approach a damaged part of the Ramming Galley and use the Repair Hammer. Once the repair is complete, the Patch Kit will be consumed and the repaired component will have 1,000 health restored.
- Healing: 1,000
- Crafting Resources: 100 Fiber, 120 Thatch, 200 Wood
New Workstation: Kiln
The Kiln is a new workstation used for rapidly creating coal out of wood. Add wood to the Kiln inventory and activate it, and it will burn one into coal every second. Kiln crafting is learned in the Secrets of Building skill in the Construction tree, and can be done at the Smithy.
- Crafting Resources: 500 Stone, 200 Flint, 25 Metal
Two new hat skins are available for purchase from the Freeport's cosmetic vendor for a limited time
- Santa Hat: 200 Gold
- Top Hat: 200 Gold
Seven new items available for crafting at the Smithy for a limited time
Christmas Tree: Produces a random gift every 24 hours!
- Crafting Resources: 250 Wood, 200 Fiber, 250 Thatch
Festive Lights: A decoration that can be hung on walls
- Crafting Resources: 20 Wood, 10 Thatch, 1 Metal
Holiday Gift: A festive variant of the Small Storage Box
- Crafting Resources: 44 Wood, 40 Thatch, 15 Hide
Sleigh: A festive variant of the Wooden Chair
- Crafting Resources: 100 Wood, 100 Thatch, 50 Fiber
Snowman: A new friend that can be placed on ships or floors
- Crafting Resources: 2 Wood, 12 Coal, 1 Carrot, 50 Fiber, 30 Ice
Stocking: A decoration that can be hung on walls. Produces one Coal every five minutes
- Crafting Resources: 40 Fiber, 30 Hide
Wreath: A decoration that can be hung on walls
- Crafting Resources: 20 Fiber, 10 Wood, 20 Thatch
- Christmas Tree: Produces a random gift every 24 hours!
- Bug Fix: Gold upkeep status now only shown for the owning company
- Bug Fix: Upkeep timer now correctly updated on the UI
- Bug Fix: Ships in Armored Docks no longer stay protected after the owner of the Armored Dock or the ship changes
- Market Logs now have paging, allowing all logs to be displayed for each Market
- Bug Fix: Suspend and Unsuspend Market are now working correctly
- The Ramming Galley's Railing Gunports and Castles can be damaged, but don't update their meshes to reflect this damage (their HP updates accordingly and they can be repaired)
- The Ramming Galley's forward-facing Large Cannons are in the Right Station Group by default
- HP for undamageable parts of the Ramming Galley can be viewed and will always display as 100/100
- Cannons on top of the Ramming Galley's Front Castle clip through the castle when aiming left and right (this doesn't prevent them from firing)
- Sail Rigging does not preview correctly when placing sails on the Ramming Galley
Many map tiles are black when viewing the map through the Atlas or when spawning
Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed.
As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support!
- ATLAS Crew
For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information
Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame