Welcome to Season 4: The Maelstrom! We’re excited to launch The Maelstrom, which was designed to intensify the pirating and seafaring experience! We looked at player habits and reshuffled islands and resources to align the map to encourage more interaction though both conflict and cooperative gameplay. We’ve also made a number of balancing changes to improve the initial gameplay experience and make other strategies for gold more viable.
This is just the first step in the grander scheme of new changes coming to Atlas. There are many under-the-hood (or should we say, under-the-deck) improvements and new features coming down the pipeline. This new patch is just setting up the foundation for it! You can’t build a ship without a proper frame in place after all.
We’d also like to thank the community for all of your support and patience! We are excited to continue on the renewed Atlas journey with all of you!
Below you’ll find detailed Patch Notes for our latest update, v406.7.
Released Patch Notes
New Map created
- Centralized Golden Age islands for a clearer path to completing the compass.
- Centralized high-density servers to reduce the distance/sail time between conflict areas.
- Updated mineral foliage on islands so its no longer tied to plant biomes.
- Removed most unique discoveries to reduce the grind of getting to the max level cap.
Economy Balance Updates
- Army of Dead on Golden Age Islands gold drops reduced by 62%
- Island Claim upkeep costs reduced by about 75%
- NPC Crew upkeep costs reduced by 84% on land
- NPC Crew upkeep on sea reduced by about half.
- Army of Dead Treasure Guards has been made significantly easier for low-quality treasure maps.
- Updated early game XP curve so you don't immediately level.
- Moved skill point gains to be more generous in lower levels and level off in later levels.
- Army of Dead on Golden Age Islands XP rewards reduced by 60%
Season 4: The Maelstrom introduces a new map update in which islands have been reshuffled, added, or removed. Server owners, please see the lists below for more details. Custom Servers using any islands that are no longer in the build may see errors and it is recommended that server owners perform a wipe and swap out these islands in the ServerGridEditor.
An updated JSON file for the islands is also available here [http://cdn.atlasdedicated.com/islands.json] for server owners to drop into the ServerGridEditor\Data folder as shown:
Islands no longer in the build:
Cay_C_EE_B Cay_G_CL_C Cay_H_WR_E Cay_I_CL_C Islet_A_WT Islet_A_WT_B Mnt_A_CH Mnt_A_WU Mnt_A_WU_B Mnt_A_WU_C Mnt_A_WU_D Mnt_AA_CU Mnt_AA_EU_B Mnt_AB_CP Mnt_AB_EU Mnt_AC_EU Mnt_AD_CP Mnt_AD_EU Mnt_AE_EU Mnt_AG_EE Mnt_AL_CU Mnt_AM_CU Mnt_AQ_CU Mnt_C_CH_B Mnt_C_CL_B Mnt_C_EE Mnt_C_WU Mnt_D_CL Mnt_D_CP Mnt_D_WU Mnt_E_CH Mnt_E_CL Mnt_E_CP_D Mnt_E_WU Mnt_F_CL Mnt_F_EU_E Mnt_H_CP Mnt_H_CP_B Mnt_H_CP_C Mnt_H_CP_D Mnt_J_CP_C Mnt_J_CP_D Mnt_J_WT_E Mnt_L_CH_E Mnt_L_CL Mnt_O_CH Mnt_R_WU_B Mnt_R_WU_C Mnt_T_CP_B Mnt_T_CP_D Mnt_Y_CP Mnt_Y_CP_B Mnt_Y_CP_C Mnt_Y_CP_D Mnt_Y_EU Mnt_Y_EU_C
Islands added to the build:
Cay_E_ET Cay_N_ER Cay_O_ER Mnt_AC_EE_B Mnt_AF_EE_B Mnt_AF_EU Mnt_AM_EU Mnt_AN_EE Mnt_AN_EU Mnt_AO_EU Mnt_AP_EE Mnt_AP_EU Mnt_AR_EU Mnt_AR_EU_B Mnt_AV_EU_B Mnt_C_ET_C Mnt_C_ET_D Mnt_D_ER Mnt_F_CP Mnt_F_ER Mnt_G_EU Mnt_K_CP Mnt_L_CP Mnt_U_ER_PVE Mnt_Y_WU_PVE
- ATLAS Crew
For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information
Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame