With this upcoming patch, we’re looking to turn up the heat and blow you away with a new ship that may leave you feeling as if you’ve been hit out of nowhere.
The Broadsider is a heavy-hitter packing a devastating punch with 40 cannons at its disposal. Given the opportunity, the ship will make quick work of any vessel or defenses that are unfortunate to fall into its firing range.
However, this will be the first ship to be only available through blueprints. These blueprints may be found in shipwreck sunken treasure locations and will come in different rarities. The rarer the blueprint, the more modular points players will have to deck out their ships. Test your luck and see if you can find a mythical Broadsider to add to your fleet.
We also have some major fixes in this update and will be continuing our effort to make Atlas a better game with each iteration. Please continue to submit any bugs to our bug report form here. We review all entries and will be sure to address all issues as soon as we are able.
As always, we, the Atlas team, appreciate your support and ‘til next time, may your skies be clear, waters calm, and sails full in whichever way you roam.
Released Patch Notes
New Modular Ship Variant: Broadsider
The Broadsider is the first in a new system of modular ships that is only craftable from blueprints. These blueprints are found in shipwrecked sunken treasure locations around the world, and craftable in the advanced shipyard.
- Cost: 22,000 gold and 50 dried tentacle
- Weapons: 40 standard cannons
- Max Level: 50
- Sail Points: 10
- Repair Resource: Patch Kit
Blueprint Only Modular Ships
- Blueprints for ships that are unique
- Found at shipwreck sunken treasure locations
- Quality of the blueprint scales modular points on the ship, which allows for additional customization options.
- Fixed areas on the Mortar ship, Kraken and Ramming Galley where paint was not showing properly
- Fixed Instances in which the Paint Spray gun would not cover all regions
- Fixed Position of the Steering Wheel on Mortar Ship
- Fixed instances where Islands could affect nearby seaforts' peacetime.
- Fixed Instances in which Control Points could be selected as Islands to respawn on
- Fixed instances in which company cooldown was being circumvented
- Ship Respec should now be working properly after 48 hour cooldown
- Broadsider Icon is outdated
- Scaffolding length on the Advanced Shipyard for the Broadsider is incorrect
- Small gap in the front castle of the Broadsider
- Graphical inconsistency with water surrounding the Kraken and Broadsider
- Ladder position on the back of broadsider is incorrect
Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed.
As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support!
- ATLAS Crew
For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information
Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame