Jump to content

  • ATLAS
    ATLAS

    Patch 527.03 - Summer Bug Smash

    Sign in to follow this  

    Ahoy Pathfinders!

    While some new content is just on the horizon, this week we have a quality of life update to fix a few of the more troublesome bugs players have been running into on the open seas. We’ve also made a few adjustments regarding the mortar ship and NPC spawns/mechanics. We hope these changes will improve gameplay overall and lessen unwanted/unintended interactions.

    As always, we, the Atlas team, appreciate your support and ‘til next time, may your skies be clear, waters calm, and sails full in whichever way you roam.

     :anchor: Released Patch Notes :anchor:

    v527.03

    Mortar Ship Updates

    • Mortar shot direct damage has been reduced
    • Sail locations have been moved on the ship so they do not block off parts of the ship anymore
    • Ship points have been reduced from 4 to 3
      • You can now use medium and small sails instead of large and small sails

    Bug Fixes

    • Fixed inconsistent spawning of the Ghost Ship
    • Rowing and Torpedo modules are now able to be crafted with the appropriate skills
    • Fixed instances of Islands not respawning resources
    • Fixed instances of tax house not collecting gold
    • Fixed instances in which dropping inventory on armored docks would have unintended effects
    • NPCs will no longer stop manning sails after switching grids while sailing a modular ship
    • Fixed instances in which modular ships were not being protected in armored docks
    • Fixed instances in which Sperm whales were not spawning correctly
    • AOTD will no longer spawn in buildings
    • Single player data deletion
    • Fixed instances where players could not contest claim of boats
    • Fixed instances where Tradewinds were not giving appropriate buffs
    • Fixed instances of incorrect island collisions
    • Fixed instances of NPC crewmembers having unintended effects on ships
    • Fixed instances of crashes when players enter the center maw

    Misc

    • Ramming Galley and Mortar ships have been removed from the freeport vendor
    • Breeding is no longer allowed in Freeport Areas
    • Minimum number of Ships of the Damned have been increased
    • Ship of the Damned spawn timers have been reduced
    • Company Joining Cooldown has been added
    • Tradewind adjustments to remove instances of crossing islands

    Known Issues

    We are currently working on a fix for the recent character rollback issues, we plan on releasing a fix for this as soon as it is available. We understand how frustrating losing progress is to players and are tackling it at our highest priority. We would like to thank the players for their patience while we deal with this issue.

     :anchor: Final Note :anchor:

    Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed. 

    As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support! 🙂

    AzCKrNeuSMoTJdT0AG-WHL3XZqjtnX0Ujcpo3tEA

     

    Happy Sailing,

    - ATLAS Crew

    :skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

    Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas

    Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas

    Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas

    Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

     

    Edited by ATLAS

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    It would be nice if tickets were actually answered and not automatically marked as "solved".

    • Like 2

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Well the rollback of characters etc... is caused by players dying and then travel to another grid so if you don't spawn in the grid that you die some stuff will be reset, like tattoo for example. In worst case scenario you lose alot of progress. And i do hope you guys realize that its the mortarship who is causing resources not to respawn. Maybe you also wanna adress that underwater glitch where all of sudden you're like floating in the air and can see all fishes and what not swimming(flying)

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    We are currently working on a fix for the recent character rollback issues, we plan on releasing a fix for this as soon as it is available.

    They will try to fix the issue, not your problem, dont expect to get your char fixed 😞

    4 hours ago, A_Roland83_ said:

    Well the rollback of characters etc... is caused by players dying and then travel to another grid so if you don't spawn in the grid that you die some stuff will be reset, like tattoo for example. In worst case scenario you lose alot of progress. And i do hope you guys realize that its the mortarship who is causing resources not to respawn. Maybe you also wanna adress that underwater glitch where all of sudden you're like floating in the air and can see all fishes and what not swimming(flying)

    I see the problem more with the crashing servers, on pve we allways had some cases of strange chars (our severs arent crashed that much as PVP). But only with the more frequent crashing due to the maps, the problem became more visible.

    That stuff started when they introduced the level set back in Season 4 for my understanding.

    The changes to swimming are really annoying, but i think its same problem as the submarine sailing. THe weather (storms, wind strength) is calcualted based on time only, but with lag, or restarts, the time can change. So the client weather does not fix the server weather.
    You have two differnet waterlines then, resulting in giving you the bugged view, and makes it really hard to grab ladders.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    When are you guys going to fix Markets? In the last few weeks I went from making x gold daily to less than half now, but the quantity of traded goods hasn't changed.

    • Like 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    14 minutes ago, UnderTaker905 said:

    When are you guys going to fix Markets? In the last few weeks I went from making x gold daily to less than half now, but the quantity of traded goods hasn't changed.

    As always they never do much to improve or repair the game. But when it comes to their useless pre-built ships that nobody wants even for free, they get so excited. But I guess, they are just trying to keep up the image of Grapeshit Games?
     

    Edited by Nutty Grandad
    • Like 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Guys. You again messing with numbers and totally don't think of result! C'mon!

    Quote

    - Ship points have been reduced from 4 to 3
    --You can now use medium and small sails instead of large and small sails

    Basically what you did here is dramatically slowed this ship down. Empty ship with mid/small speed sail setup gives you just 7.5 knots strong downwind. Our only option here now is to use 1 large sail, that brings us 10 knots maximum. So you made this ship the SLOWEST SHIP in the game. And with your turning mechanics - this ship also got reduced maneuverability, making it less suitable for naval combats. Why...

    Oh and we still can not replace cannons in gunports. Now they're pointing backwards.

    y4r9AHn.jpg

    Edited by George Catcher

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    HOW ABOUT FIXING THE DAMNED DISAPPEARING SHIPYARD BUG IN SINGLE PLAYER???!! HHHEEELLLOOO.

    • Thanks 3

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    4 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

    HOW ABOUT FIXING THE DAMNED DISAPPEARING SHIPYARD BUG IN SINGLE PLAYER???!! HHHEEELLLOOO.

    yeah and also tradewind dissapears when changing grid. hafto log log out everytime to continue

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Demoed a claim bouy and received no island points back. Fix that bug.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Pattus

    Posted (edited)

    "AOTD will no longer spawn in buildings"

     

    Since the patch wild animals have been spawning in almost all my buildings resulting in loss of tens of tames.  Had no issues before.  Then three lions in one day......

     

    20210717091527_1.jpg

    Edited by Pattus

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 7/15/2021 at 3:45 PM, Nutty Grandad said:

    As always they never do much to improve or repair the game. But when it comes to their useless pre-built ships that nobody wants even for free, they get so excited. But I guess, they are just trying to keep up the image of Grapeshit Games?
     

    I dont' agree with this. The hole topic here is about bug fixes and there are some good once and it sounds like they are listening to the Players now. I support this new decision by the devs. Balancing of the sails of the Mortar Ship is for PvP and obviuosly this ship is not meant to fight for it self. It shall be slow to need protection but with the benefit to attack other players islands. The overall question is if the medium sails need some buff to be of some use? It would be great if the devs would move forward with fixing the modular ships repair system and balance it to be on a same level like current "old" ships. The mortar ship should not be tested on PVE server versus ships of the damned @George Catcher. Well i myself stopped playing some weeks ago because this game needs to much effort for to little reward and real life is coming back now. More SotD is good but loot table needs some changes. I suggested to reduce the spread between common and max mystical to max 200%. A Mortar ship is not bringing me back to play the game. A 4x gold is not bringing me back to game... well there are some good things like you can level ships fast at the moment with barrels but i don't like barrels on ships. At the game start there was no gold to build a brigantine. Now you have lots of gold to do so but you can't go solo and always need some galleon fleet to not risk your ships getting sunk by another fleet. I guess gold is now no issue for all estblished tribes but the ships limit is already low and you need a large bay to place all those shipyards to safe your BP ships in harbor. Well at least the harbor run game part is something of Atlas its past now.

    • Like 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Because of all the misery these defs have caused
    just started playing on a rented server from nitrado and nitrado are almost as bad as 
    the devs from atlas the map doesn't work so fast travel doesn't either i can't put bed and cannons or other self defense 
    on the mountains why this is so stupit i thought for this it can't get any worse so it can and they listen to players really not 
    that anything players want happened is just coincidence give back the game we had before you came players just wanted the bugs got 
    fixet not this bs let me ffing put a bad and self defense on mountens you idiots...en fix with nitrado the map and fastravel problem 
    but you did 1 thing right namely you did fix the singleplayer save game bravo idiots....
    
     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    NA PVP, my third company mate got rolled back and lost all their power stones as well as multiple levels.  What a deal!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Pls fix shipyards on single player, they disappear when you log off, it’s ridiculous!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 7/17/2021 at 9:49 AM, Nacona said:

    I dont' agree with this. The hole topic here is about bug fixes and there are some good once and it sounds like they are listening to the Players now. I support this new decision by the devs. Balancing of the sails of the Mortar Ship is for PvP and obviuosly this ship is not meant to fight for it self. It shall be slow to need protection but with the benefit to attack other players islands. The overall question is if the medium sails need some buff to be of some use? It would be great if the devs would move forward with fixing the modular ships repair system and balance it to be on a same level like current "old" ships. The mortar ship should not be tested on PVE server versus ships of the damned @George Catcher. Well i myself stopped playing some weeks ago because this game needs to much effort for to little reward and real life is coming back now. More SotD is good but loot table needs some changes. I suggested to reduce the spread between common and max mystical to max 200%. A Mortar ship is not bringing me back to play the game. A 4x gold is not bringing me back to game... well there are some good things like you can level ships fast at the moment with barrels but i don't like barrels on ships. At the game start there was no gold to build a brigantine. Now you have lots of gold to do so but you can't go solo and always need some galleon fleet to not risk your ships getting sunk by another fleet. I guess gold is now no issue for all estblished tribes but the ships limit is already low and you need a large bay to place all those shipyards to safe your BP ships in harbor. Well at least the harbor run game part is something of Atlas its past now.

    They never do a good job regardless of what they are doing lol. These guys really suck. Like really suck.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

  • #1
    • Undezputed
    #2
    • VIKINGS
    #3
    • Blacklist
    #4
    • No Remorse
    #5
    • S D J
    #1
    • JSG
    #2
    • Mare Bellator
    #3
    • CN=J.M=
    #4
    • Yorkshire Raiders!
    #5
    • CN=J.M=

    Click the Server Name to see The LIVE World Map!

×
×
  • Create New...