It’s been awhile since we last made landfall but we come bearing a large haul of new goodies and bug fixes, as well as a new ship in tow! Let’s start with the newest member of the fleet, the Mortarship.
We’re finally bringing out the big guns with the Mortarship. With front and rear mortar cannons that deliver swift death from a distance, this ship is a game changer and will make sieging pesky land installments a breeze. Careful though, most ships are too mobile for these mortars so you’ll need to strategize some security for your new weaponry, or you may find your hopes for victory, and your Mortarship, sunk.
This ship and all the other pre-made variants will now be buildable with the new advanced shipyard with new crafting requirements to come.
We’ve also added new blueprints for railing and midship tiles, a revised Home Region map, and squashed many of the bugs that have plagued your voyages since the last patch. It may have taken some time to get it right but we hope this patch is worth the wait.
As always, we, the Atlas team, appreciate your support and ‘til next time, may your skies be clear, waters calm, and sails full in whichever way you roam.
Released Patch Notes
- Fixed critical crash when using specific feats
- Fixed critical crash when traveling between grids
- Fixed instances in which single player data was not being retained when traversing grids
Fixed animation issues with new mortars on the mortarship
- New Home Region Map
New Ship Variant: Mortarship
- Comparable Size to a Schooner
- Affixed to both the front and rear castle are two new mortar types which can deal massive damage at great distances
- Resources: 22000 Gold, 200 Gunpowder
- Advanced Shipyard has been added. This is found in the Smithy after learning the Expert Shipwright skill
New buff icons for the Atlantean Spire, Industrial Generator, and Army of the Damned Pylon have been created when players are on boats that have a buff affecting them
- These icons are shown in the top right under the ships health
New Blueprints Added
- All swappable railing and midship tiles have findable blueprint variations
- The farm now has findable blueprint variations
The Ramming Galleon, Mortar Ship, and Kraken Ship are now buildable at the Advanced Shipyard
- These ships are also available to purchase via the Freeport Ship Merchant. This was for testing purposes and they will be removed in the near future
- Crafting resources needed to build the three ships above will be changing in the near future
- Shiphouses and Shipyards are no longer placeable in the open ocean
- Song of the Sea food recipe will no longer crash the game when selected
- Sextant Compass will no longer disappear when changing grid locations
- Fixed instances of stacking buffs from Buff Towers
- Players can now only place one Sea Fort Buff Tower per Sea Fort regardless of type
- Fixed placement of multiple resource generating structures in the same location
- When interacting with certain parts of a ship players will no longer crash
- Consuming certain foods now gives proper hunger values
- Allowed Spearbolt ammo to be stored in Munitions Storage
- UI Fixes to the Player Shop
- Adjusted radiuses of Discovery zones
- Fixed weight not being registered when items are dropped on saddles
- Fixed instances in the usage of crude tool would cause players to crash
- Fixed instances of large stone walls being placeable on tables
- Fixed instances of large stone foundations snapping incorrectly
- Fixed Instances of Ammo containers' reach fluctuating on ships
- Fixed instance of placeable object preventing damage to players on swivel guns
- Fixed Instances in which Honey was not harvestable
- Fixed instances in which ships could not anchor in docks
- Fixed instances in which trading was being used for unintended actions
- Fixed Framerate drops when painting large sails or walls
- Arrow hit detection improvements.
- PVE: Fixed instances of using specific feats for unintended actions
- AOTD no longer spawn inside buildings
- Singleplayer map fix
- Players will now receive the right variant of crops depending on the source
- Removed biome requirement for breeding creatures
- Removed Stone Farmhouse from the Smithy. This structure will be reintroduced in a future patch. Currently placed Stone Farmhouses will not be removed.
- Ramming Galley Rowing now has sounds
- Buff tower buffs values adjusted
Puckle Tower Updates:
- Normalized the ammo consumption
- Decreased the Weight of the Puckle Tower
- Increased the Fuel Stack Size for the Puckle Tower
- Fixed Instances in which the Firing sound was not playing correctly
- Accuracy Adjusted
- Advanced Shipyards are placeable on island shores. Ships built and released on these shipyards will be destroyed
- Whales and Ships of the Damned have low spawn/drop rates
- Visual issue with character when manning new mortars
Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed.
As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support!
- ATLAS Crew
For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information
Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame