The mega update 2 is now live
The time has come for challenging the enraged boss in his icy lair, exploring new and previously unchartered islands and putting your mark on the ATLAS with new items, creatures, and quality of life additions; the Mega Update 2 is here!
The Public Test Realm heavily facilitated our getting the Mega Update 2 ready to push to our Official Network and ready for everyone to jump into and explore. Thank you to those of you who contributed through playing on the PTR and being enthusiastic about reporting bugs and issues and offering feedback.
We look forward to hearing about your experiences and seeing you explore all the new content that Mega Update 2 has introduced to the ATLAS. As always, we will continue to monitor and rapidly iterate on the game!
For those of you who haven’t yet set sail on the high seas, worry not as during the next 48-hours ATLAS is available on Steam Early Access for the promotional price of $14.99 ($29.99 Early Access S.R.P). Come on in, the water’s fine!
mega update 2
- Into the Ice: When you have collected all the Power Stones, head deep into a Polar Ice Dungeon to discover what lies beneath...
- Master Cartographer: And with a thundering swell, the heaving ocean rose and fell beckoning avid explorers to uncover her secrets. Get at least 40% of the ATLAS Discovery Zones
Skills and Feats:
- Feat: Instant Hotbar Equip, unlocked after completing "Master Cartographer" quest.
- Feat: Harvest boost, unlocked after completing "Into the Ice" quest.
- Ice Dungeon: Traverse the depths of the new Ice Cave as you navigate foreboding chasms, expansive halls, and abandoned mines to reach the lair of the abomination which lies beneath awaiting your crew. Found in the polar region, the dungeon can only be entered if players have unlocked all the 9 power stones.
- New Islands: Multiple equatorial and polar islands added to the ATLAS!
New Boss Fight:
- Snowman: Activated lights in the boss arena now power a shield that maintains the Snowman's ice armor. Killing a round of minions will disable the shield, and prevent minion spawns for a short duration, which allow the ice armor to receive damage. When the minion cooldown is over, the shield reactivates. When the ice armor reaches 0, the Snowman's health can be damaged directly and no more minions will spawn until the next health state.
Upon entering each new health state, one extra minion will spawn at a time, and an increased amount of minions will be required to be killed for the shield to be deactivated. When in the last health state and ice armor is destroyed for the final time, chaos ensues, and will continue until the boss is killed!
- Offensive Structure: Torpedo Launcher and torpedoes. Master the waves with this heavy artillery projectile designed to detonate on contact with its target. Skill is obtained after completing "Into the Ice" quest.
- Building Structure: 3x4 Medium Gates further allow customization within the comprehensive building system.
- Utility Structure: Ice Box - a high-insulation box for generating ice in cold areas. Has “active” mode that will drain ice but reduce surrounding temperature (reverse fire). Consumes less ice if “indoors”. New Resource: Ice - Generates over time in cold zones inside of the Ice Box. Decays relatively quickly if not in “insulated” storage. Can be consumed to reduce temperature and the half negative effects of armour weight debuffs for a short duration (15s per ice cube, max of 5 mins). Ice, which is relatively heavy, can be placed inside preserving bags to extend spoil times, and also lasts much longer in preserving bags. Keep it frosty.
- Player: Adopt a menacing tribal-esque countenance with the Hydra Hide Armour Set or don the Cyclops Heavy Armour Set for a streamlined and foreboding Stygian look.
- Ship: Further customize your ship with the new Hydra Steering Wheel, and Bone Skin Steering Wheel
- Boat Attachment: Cargo Racks offer more options to the discerning Captain! This large hangar-based crate can carry a ton of resources at a massively reduced weight, but can only be accessed when anchored, and slows down the speed of the ship which carries it (at maximum cargo carrier attachments, a boat's speed will be reduced by a total of 40%). It can also be dropped into the water if your boat needs to make a hasty getaway, and recovered later into its hangar!
- Cart Attachment: Transport goods more efficiently! The large storage box can now be placed on the back of a bear or horse’s field-harness saddle, where it becomes a special “freight box” that provides reduced weight for the items it contains when on land. And now you can ferry around your items while looking like a proper traveling merchant!
- Fishing Net: Bide your time chasing that catch whilst on long journeys with the new fishing net. Can only be used when sitting. Equips on the back slot. Will begin automatically catch fish when the boat has met minimum sailing minimum velocity
New Weapons and Ammo types:
- Ballista Ammo Type: Boat Harpoon. Stop fleeing enemies in their tracks by using this formidable weapon to attach to and reel in their vessels.
- Weapon: Master the aquatic depths armed with the Speargun. Can only be used underwater.
- Weapon: Up the ante with the new crossbow boasting the ability to load up to five projectiles and higher accuracy. Cannot be used underwater.
- Olfend: This quirky looking creature narrowly avoided being burdened with the moniker: the Camelephant. The unique Olfend possesses some utilitarian attributes based around water. Water can be collected as you ride it across fertile land or by drinking from lakes and the considerate Olfend will store it, distribute it amongst water containers or...spit it in a friend’s eye. The delicately-legged creature also has the potential to be more heroic than it may appear by being put to use in extinguishing fires.
- Giant Tortugar: In some ways, the Tortuga, or carrier turtle, acts as an organic armored personnel carrier and, in others, it is similar to an organic submarine. Nestle under its’ sectioned shell for protection or stay sheltered as it plunges into the depths and affords its passengers reduced oxygen consumption.
- Company: Map markers
- Company: Announcements
- Boats: Can now be unclaimed and claimed
- Controls: Full gamepad support
New Quality of Life Improvements:
- UX: Revamped Skill Tree UI
- UX: Adjusted 3rd person aiming so there is less likelihood of foliage clipping
- UX: Sextant Buff Corner Mini Map is now hidden by default and can be revealed by pressing the H key. Sextant Mini Map can be permanently enabled by turning on the option in Advanced Settings
- Combat: Players now have the option to turn dual wielding weapons off by holding the TAB key and the hotbar key to equip the new pistol, rather than duel wield it.
- Combat: Gun hotbar equip time now scales (improves) with the various reloading skills
- Combat: You can now attack from the run-state (but not whilst running). Previously when attempting to attack whilst running, you would have had to pause, then attack. Now you can go straight from a run into an attack.
- Structures: The grill can now be attached to water pipes
- Controls: You can now use the F key as an option to pick up all items from the floor within a certain radius
- Ship: Pressing the F key whilst driving the ship, now allows you to access its inventory menu
- Skills: Fixed skills showing up in the wrong order on the skill tree
- Ships: Fixed a bug which prevented ships from reversing when they bumped into shores
- Ships: Fixed pressing right click to zoom in on the compass when sitting at a wheel of a ship
- Ships: Can no longer place a Steering Wheel inside the sail mast
- Building: Fixed a bug which prevented Water Reservoirs from irrigating grills if gathering water from a non-lake source
- Building: Fixed vertical encroachment check on the bookcase so it fits in 1-high wall rooms
- Resources: Fixed a bug where brain coral and fire coral were incorrectly labeled
- Map: Multiple level fixes (holes, waterfall transitions, soil types, etc)
- Creatures: Fixed a case where creatures would be stuck in the flee state whilst bola'd
- Creatures Fixed a case where creatures would appear to stand up briefly just after being bola'd
- UX: Fixed a bug which prevented you from seeing the HUD of a dropped item
- UX: Scaled the size of ammo texts on ammo containers to make them more readable and changed CanisterShot to Canister Shot
- Misc: Fixed icons for: Cooked Prime Fish Meat, Explosive Barrels, and Instant Equip
- Misc: Disabled male voice on female characters when using a repair hammer on damaged planks
- Misc: Fixed multiple cases where players shoulder disappears when harvesting with new anims
- Misc: Fixed manual targeting aim location not replicating to clients
- Combat: Reduced sickle damage against creatures and players
- Combat: Sprint/Charge weapons have been disabled and will be re-added to the game as enhanced feats
- Ships: Small Weight Sail weight bonus increased from 515 to 1000
- Ships: Medium Weight Sail weight bonus increased from 920 to 2500
- Ships: Large Weight Sail weight bonus increased from 1300 to 4000
- Ships: Small Handling Sail wind effectiveness increased from 101 to 118
- Ships: Medium Handling Sail wind effectiveness increased from 101 to 118
- Ships: Large Handling Sail wind effectiveness increased from 101 to 118
For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information
Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Navigate ye olde Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame