Jump to content

  • Grapeshot Games
    Grapeshot Games
    Sign in to follow this  

    Latest Patch (v404.5)

    Ahoy Pathfinders!

    We’ll be releasing the latest game update later today around 14:00 PST/22:00 UTC. This update includes the aforementioned level cap reduction from 150 to 120. We previously announced that we’d be forcing a skill respec for all players with this change, but we will now only be forcing a respec for players who are currently past level 120.

    We’re hard at work on the next update and as a reminder, 2x XP and harvesting rates are still enabled on our Official Network and will continue to stay boosted for the time being.

    :anchor: Latest Patch Notes (v404.5) :anchor:

    • Reduced max player character level cap from 150 to 120.
      • Forced a skill respec for all players past level 120.
    • Offline player character bodies on ships will now stay visible to other players on PvE servers and in freeports.
    • Fixed a bug where offline player characters would fall off ships when transitioning into a freeport grid.
    • Fixed a bug where holding a treasure map on Blackwood would crash the game.
    • Players can now purchase a one time use “Rename Ship Item” from the Cosmetics Vendor for 10k and use it to rename their ship.
    • The Equilibrium buff now properly shows the Stamina Recovery Rate in the Buff Stat Bonuses section of the character screen.
    • Experience points from defeating the Kraken and Snowman have been significantly increased:
      • 40,000 exp for normal mode.
      • 120,000 exp for hard mode.
    • Increased the spawn rate of high tier Ship of the Damned galleons.
    • Increased the damage of certain mount creatures toward players by 30%.
      • Effected creatures include Sheep, Bear, Bull, Horse, Ostrich, Pig, Wolf, Elephant, Giant Crab, Giant Tortugar, Giraffe, Lion, Olfend, Rhino, Tiger.
    • Increased the attack range of certain mount creatures by 10%.
      • Effected creatures include Sheep, Bear, Bull, Horse, Ostrich, Pig, Wolf, Elephant, Giant Crab, Giant Tortugar, Giraffe, Lion, Olfend, Rhino, Tiger.
    • Changed torpedo crafting cost to 28 metal ingots, 60 gunpowder, 40 blasting powder, and 100 mythos.
    • Torpedos are now fireable by NPCs from the helm/Lieutenant’s Podium (so long as that player has Torpedo Studies unlocked).
    • Reduced the travel time required before torpedo damage becomes active from 3.75 seconds to 2 seconds.
    • Increased grenade damage vs. puckles and swivels by 100%.
    • Increased grenade damage vs. structures by 170%.
    • Reduced max handling sail acceleration stat cap to 125%.
    • Fixed certain edge cases where cannon carts could be fired while in water.
    • Kraken, Snowman, and monstrous whale encounters now have a chance to drop items.
    • All loot tables now have a chance to drop an already-crafted version of an item rather than just the blueprint.
    • Removed the following blueprints from possible treasure chest loot:
      • Stone Pick
      • Torch
      • Scissors
      • Tier 2 Saddle
      • Tier 2 Saddle Carriage
      • Tier 2 Cargo Saddle
      • Fishing Rod
      • Fishing Net
      • Stone Pick
      • Stone Hatchet
      • Throwing Knife
    • Added the following blueprints to possible treasure chest loot:
      • Medium Wood Plank
      • Medium Wood Gunport
      • Cannon
      • Medium Wood Deck
    • Removed the following blueprints from possible flotsam loot:
      • Thatch Ceiling
      • Thatch Door
      • Thatch Floor
      • Thatch Roof
      • Thatch Wall
    • Added the following blueprints to possible flotsam loot:
      • Dinghy Ship Hangar
      • Ship Resources Box
      • Food Larder
      • Diving Attachment
      • Ship Cargo Rack
    • Removed the following blueprints from possible sunken treasure chest loot:
      • Thatch Ceiling
      • Thatch Door
      • Thatch Floor
      • Thatch Roof
      • Thatch Wall
    • Added the following blueprints to possible sunken treasure chest loot:
      • Medium Wood Deck
      • Large Wood Deck
      • Medium Wood Gunport
      • Large Wood Gunport
      • Cannon
      • Large Cannon
      • Puckle
      • Catapult
      • Dinghy Ship Hangar
      • Ship Resources Box
      • Food Larder
      • Diving Attachment
      • Ship Cargo Rack
    • Removed the following blueprints from possible Ship of the Damned schooner loot:
      • Small Wood Deck
      • Small Wood Plank
      • Ship Ammunition Container
      • Ship Resources Box
      • Food Larder
      • Puckle
      • Puckle Bullet
      • Catapult
      • Boulder
    • Added the following blueprints to possible Ship of the Damned schooner loot:
      • Wood Ceiling
    • Removed the following blueprints from possible Ship of the Damned brigantine loot:
      • Small Wood Deck
      • Small Wood Plank
      • Dinghy Ship Hangar
      • Ship Ammunition Container
      • Ship Resources Box
      • Food Larder
      • Diving Attachment
      • Ship Cargo Rack
      • Puckle
      • Puckle Bullet
      • Catapult
      • Boulder
    • Added the following blueprints to possible Ship of the Damned brigantine loot:
      • Wood Ceiling
    • Removed the following blueprints from possible Ship of the Damned galleon loot:
      • Dinghy Ship Hangar
      • Ship Ammunition Container
      • Ship Resources Box
      • Food Larder
      • Diving Attachment
      • Ship Cargo Rack
      • Puckle
      • Puckle Bullet
      • Catapult
      • Boulder
    • Added the following blueprints to possible Ship of the Damned galleon loot:
      • Wood Ceiling

    :wheel:

    Happy Sailing,

    Grapeshot Games

    :skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

    Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
    Hear ye, hear ye on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
    Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
    Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

    • Like 2
    • Thanks 4
    • Sad 4

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    Changed some ini files, neat.

    Things that need to be fixed asap:

    • Re-spawn green screen loop
    • Ladders, seriously, what's up with ladders.
    • Bear cargo saddle, OMG the number of problems this creates.
    • Performance, oh dear lord performance. Kraken especially, power point slideshow.

    Come on devies, get off that ARK ship and get on the ATLAS ship.

    • Like 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    We did a level 24.2 treasure map just before the update and, due to the roll back, had to do it again after the update.

    To achieve this map, we used 4 high level bears with an average damage of 220-230. We killed the army of the damned very easily.

    When we did it again after the update, damage inflicted by our bears were of 20-23 without Nature's Fury while the Damned could inflict 549 damage point to naked players and bears. So, at the end, most of the peatons died and one bear too. Sad, very sad.

    Such changes in damage system should have been mentionned in the update info.

     

    Moreover the number of discoveries to gain one max level has dramatically changed. Why didn't set the max level to 120 without any other change, just like ships are limited to 52?

     

    Edited by Bourgui
    • Thanks 1
    • Confused 1
    • Sad 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    So have small planks and decks been removed from the loot table completely then?  I see them removed, but not added elsewhere (like the medium and large)

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    10 minutes ago, Bourgui said:

    We did a level 24.2 treasure map just before the update and, due to the roll back, had to do it again after the update.

    To achieve this map, we used 4 high level bears with an average damage of 220-230. We killed the army of the damned very easily.

    When we did it again after the update, damage inflicted by our bears were of 20-23 without Nature's Fury while the Damned could inflict 549 damage point to naked players and bears. So, at the end, most of the peatons died and one bear too. Sad, very sad.

    Such changes in damage system should have been mentionned in the update info.

    Yikes

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    So how many levels do you need per level then? 591 discovery points let’s me go to level 61 instead 64? 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I run a 3x3 unofficial dedicated grid. My Console players have been reporting their inability to use the server-search menu since the release of this patch.  I ran the update on my console and this was in fact the case.  This patch is unwanted and has broken your game. I suggest recalling the update and testing it before applying it.  There are currently players active on my grid that have broken our server rules and because of this update cannot get an active admin online to deal with the situation.   So if you could figure it out quickly that would be fantastic.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Wow. Just wow.

    This patch must have taken one guy one lunch break to finish. Hell, if you gave me a month, I could have done this update. And that includes the time I would need to learn how to fix 3 bugs.

    As someone who really, really loves this game, I am beyond disappointed. This is just pathetic.

    I've learned by now that no one from Grapeshot ever reads these posts, but just in case one of you accidentally clicks on the wrong tab... If this is the level of effort that your team is going to put into Atlas, just pack it up and move on. Work on developing a game that you're actually interested in making great. Changing a couple of math digits and shuffling loot tables around is not an update and does not require even one skilled programmer a month and a half.

    • Like 4

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    53 minutes ago, Aquagoth said:

    Wow. Just wow.

    This patch must have taken one guy one lunch break to finish. Hell, if you gave me a month, I could have done this update. And that includes the time I would need to learn how to fix 3 bugs.

    As someone who really, really loves this game, I am beyond disappointed. This is just pathetic.

    I've learned by now that no one from Grapeshot ever reads these posts, but just in case one of you accidentally clicks on the wrong tab... If this is the level of effort that your team is going to put into Atlas, just pack it up and move on. Work on developing a game that you're actually interested in making great. Changing a couple of math digits and shuffling loot tables around is not an update and does not require even one skilled programmer a month and a half.

    The 1-hour-later update:

    Bad News: Well, you guys have seriously taken the wind out of these sails. My only hope for this patch was that you would implement the location discoveries in singleplayer like you have in pvp/pve. Instead, I try booting up Atlas only to find my character now only has enough discovery points for lvl 55 instead of (almost) lvl 58. And, oh yeah, discoveries still not working. Again, I'm not a programmer, but it can't be a difficult fix. You already have it working in online play.

    Good News: ARK really looks great. Seems like you guys actually put effort into that project. I think I'll play that instead.

    More Bad News: Since I couldn't be a proper pirate in the world of Atlas, I decided I'll try my hand at real life pirating. I can't in good conscience give more money to the same company that is willing to do these kinds of shenanigans to its player base.

    This "update" was touted as a "major update" (as per your Twitter announcement). So major that you needed another week to put the finishing touches to it. Hey, not a problem. I understand that things don't always run according to schedule. I'll wait patiently. But if you're going to stand behind this as your major update and pretend like you are actively trying to polish this amazing idea you had... nope. You don't communicate with us, give us updates on development, respond to tickets, reply to forum/Facebook/Twitter posts, take our feedback into consideration or act on common bugs that we report to you.

    Look, if the Atlas project isn't profitable for you, then can it. Why waste your time and money developing something half-heartedly?

    P.S. Atlas has literally become my favorite game of all-time in an incredibly short period of time. More than Halo, Starcraft, Mass Effect and a slew of other games dating back to Super Nintendo. But after seeing this... I think I'm done.

    Signing off

    • Like 3
    • Thanks 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    👔
    8
    3 hours ago, Aquagoth said:

    The 1-hour-later update:

    Bad News: Well, you guys have seriously taken the wind out of these sails. My only hope for this patch was that you would implement the location discoveries in singleplayer like you have in pvp/pve. Instead, I try booting up Atlas only to find my character now only has enough discovery points for lvl 55 instead of (almost) lvl 58. And, oh yeah, discoveries still not working. Again, I'm not a programmer, but it can't be a difficult fix. You already have it working in online play.

    Good News: ARK really looks great. Seems like you guys actually put effort into that project. I think I'll play that instead.

    More Bad News: Since I couldn't be a proper pirate in the world of Atlas, I decided I'll try my hand at real life pirating. I can't in good conscience give more money to the same company that is willing to do these kinds of shenanigans to its player base.

    This "update" was touted as a "major update" (as per your Twitter announcement). So major that you needed another week to put the finishing touches to it. Hey, not a problem. I understand that things don't always run according to schedule. I'll wait patiently. But if you're going to stand behind this as your major update and pretend like you are actively trying to polish this amazing idea you had... nope. You don't communicate with us, give us updates on development, respond to tickets, reply to forum/Facebook/Twitter posts, take our feedback into consideration or act on common bugs that we report to you.

    Look, if the Atlas project isn't profitable for you, then can it. Why waste your time and money developing something half-heartedly?

    P.S. Atlas has literally become my favorite game of all-time in an incredibly short period of time. More than Halo, Starcraft, Mass Effect and a slew of other games dating back to Super Nintendo. But after seeing this... I think I'm done.

    Signing off

    For someone that is "signing off" You sure are letting a game in ALPHA get to you... Maybe you should play games that are already done. Go back to the Super Nintendo games perhaps?

    • Like 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Since update I cant see any unofficial servers anyone have any idea when they will fix this problem like any info at all 

    Since update I cant see any unofficial servers anyone have any idea when they will fix this problem like any info at all 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Driven Madders said:

    For someone that is "signing off" You sure are letting a game in ALPHA get to you... Maybe you should play games that are already done. Go back to the Super Nintendo games perhaps?

    It's because of the ALPHA status that we expect alot more from the dev's, it's a game that is supposed to be in full-time development, with the size of the team apparently working on the project and the big milestones they have set out we should have gotten a BIG update to game performance, (phase 1(which should have been well on the way to being completed already)) but no, we got something an experienced developer could do in one week.  This is what people are complaining about.

    Edited by JoeyKray

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    The new loot tables are nice and all I guess. But it’s been 3 months since the last patch, I was hoping for something more substantial then some value changes.

    PvP is in such a shit state. Melee weapons are redundant when one guy with a shield can just chain stun you into a coma, all you can do is hope you have more hp then he’s got stamina and there’s no counter play outside using a shield yourself. 

    Carbines and flintlocks are still plagued with hit detection issues, on a lot of grids the player model and the hit box of the player is in two separate locations. In season 2 we could somewhat tell were the hitbox was because your crosshair turned red when you were aiming at the hitbox, now it’s just complete guess work. PvP food vs guns is also just way to strong.

    I really don’t see the point in buffing tame damage vs players as long as the swivel horse with grape straight up delete any players on the ground floor. Two flame swivels facing each other is the pinnacle of shit gameplay, to flame you need to have rear facing swivel so essentially its like two ships with backwards facing cannons trying to fight each other. Basically just devolves down to two horses running around in circles next to each other.

    Many of the pvp companies and players have already left because the grenade nerf and swivel/puckle buff turned the entire east side of the map into a status quo for several months and the developers have just sat around like a bunch of clueless kids while its happened. I am really curious who is going to provide data for the pvp changes when or if you get to that phase on your roadmap. The fact that we have had this fucking shield stun bs in the game for over a year now just shows how long the pvp community have been ignored and neglected.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    So we have one developer working on atlas, gone are:
    li(v)e producer
    a doll
    the whole QA (team^^).

    Did phase 1 started yet?

    What was done in this patch (PVE view):
    - maxlevel was reduced by tweaking one number, which lead to needing ~4000 DP for level 120. That was an increse by (99/69) ~43%. 5 hours later they have a workaround.
      Were was QA here?
    - Some tames dmg vs play was buffed: Aotd gets more resistance, and deals more dmg. 6 hours after patch (5 hours after it got reported here) the dev did not know about.
    - Items are removed from loottable: - but you get slightly less BPs now (my evil guess is: they still produced but deleted before moved to container 😞 )
    - Intstead of being able to move with a ship while offline (or fixing any of spawn related bugs) they make sleepers visible to offload the problem to the captain?
    - 10% attackrange, at least for tiger it is still not enough to facedmg an elephant.
    plus:
    rename ship, and at a high price!


    But, where is the vision, where are we heading?

    look at this, a razor self imprinted razor, normal hits 105, the level 22 warrior is hitting for up to 60!
    https://gyazo.com/6c42dc81469eed84c99167078888e6b0

     

    • Like 2

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I would like to know what the "hidden" changes are... I am running a private Blackwood Server with some friends and we changed the Loottable for example the Sperm Whale to our needs. Now this doesnt work anymore, i guess because the way the Spermwhale loot is handled changed. But where can i read that?

    Edited by mjra

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Not as great a patch as i was hoping for but this will definitely spice things up until come real updates happen. Thank you GS, this was much needed. 

    Those who dont like this patch obviously dont play this game much. 

    Edited by Enki Anunnaki

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

    Those who dont like this patch obviously dont play this game much. 

    I love doing treasure maps, but the stealth buff to AotD has kind've taken that off the table completely for me, so I can't say I like this patch, no. I like the loot table changes though that was a thing we've needed a long time. But literally nobody ever said "I don't think solo players, or non-fully-imprinted animals should be allowed to do treasure maps", and the loot table changes don't mean jack if you can't actually get the loot anymore.

    It's also slightly insulting that the 3 month long 'content patch' just amounts to some .ini tweaks, regardless of how good or bad the changes are.

    Edited by RyuujinZERO
    • Like 3

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I think this is a mockery, they will laugh at us.

    Having received the last profit from the consoles, the game was abandoned.
    5 months have passed since the stream in August, none of the presented roadmap has been implemented.
    ATLAS is dead. :skull:

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    i just dont understand why  they dont talk with us more and why include hidden updates, if they want remove  tames from treasure maps, then pkease add,grenade,flame arrows,explosives,guns,swords,puckels,swivel guns work on treasure maps

    then we can get crewtive with map hubting, and please remove that they despawn

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    As a solo player, while I like the changes to the loot tables, the changes to player level, the aotd damage increase and hit to character level has taken the wind from my sails.  Now I have to find so many more discoveries jut to get back to the level I was and treasure hunting has been pretty much nuked for single player.  There really is no more reason to play. Base already built, have 2 of every type of ship.  Without a reason to leave my base, the game is pretty much worthless.

    • Like 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    This patch literally ruined PVE, it has now made getting enough gold for stuff a massive grind. Any treasure map above 6 in quality is now dangerous and not worth doing unless you have 30 people you can bring along. 

    This game just turned into a massive grind, might as well go back to doing Chores in Ark..

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    20 minutes ago, hartsia said:

    but srsly i just think this is a  bug

    not intended

    I hope you are right since it was not even mentioned in patch notes its not unlikely.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

  • #1
    • Slick Daddy Club
    #2
    • QM
    #3
    • Trojan Trolls
    #4
    • HJCPJ
    #5
    • THICC Food Truck
    #1
    • The Ancient Mariner
    #2
    • The Last Pagans
    #3
    • Schattengarde
    #4
    • Deep Sea
    #5
    • Jing Jing

    Click the Server Name to see The LIVE World Map!

×