Jump to content

  • ATLAS
    ATLAS

    Head's up for tomorrow's patch!

    Sign in to follow this  

    Ahoy Pathfinders!

    The next patch will be scheduled for 1/13 7:00 PM PT. 

    It includes a variety of balance changes and as a heads up, please note:

    • Grill ship structure weight will increase from 1kg to 12kg.

    Please be aware and take care! 

    Full patch notes to be released tomorrow!

    Meanwhile, here's an additional sneak peak at the tameable Dolphins coming as part of the next patch:


     

    :wheel:

    Happy Sailing,

    - ATLAS Crew

    :skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

    Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
    Hear ye, hear ye on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
    Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
    Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

     

    Edited by ATLAS

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    Made this post a bit a go but no one seemed keen on it. Just want devs to give a read and see if any thing tickles their fancy. 
     

    So as a firearms enthusiast and historic arms guy I was thinking the other day about how good of an opportunity grapeshot have with giving us all the awesome kit and kaboodle that Pirates had.

    So to start things off I’ll cover melee weapons, though in general I think that weapon skins would be awesome.

    - boarding axe, a one handed axe for the boarding party type of occasions, could do increased damage to ship structures.

    -rapier, basically the same as the cutlass we have in game but could focus on stabbing motions over slashing attacks for better armor penetration.

    Second up firearms. I think the biggest opportunity is here seeing as how pirates love their guns

    -duck foot pistol, was honestly surprised that this one isn’t In the game already. Has three-five barrels set on a horizontal axis that fires a scattered shot similar to a shotgun but instead of a cone it fired on a flat horizontal plane. 
     

    -hand blunderbuss, pretty simple. It’s a blunderbuss that’s in a small pistol configuration.

    -hand mortar, the ye olden grenade launcher of a sorts. Fires a explosive projectile in an arc much like a mortar, main use back in the day was to launch fireworks but some were used to fire small explosive shells.

    -turret rifle, the anti material rifle of muskets. Made to be mounted on walls and fire an egregiously large bullet at some poor soul hiding behind a shield. Could be used mounted or Shouldered but I imagine the user would be injured from such an attempt.

    -hydra rifle, the hydra pistol we currently have is what’s known as a revolving pepper box, the original concept for pepperboxes was a cluster of stationary barrels that could be fired one after the other. Either setup would be lovely to have in a rifle length weapon.

    lastly with the guns let’s talk about the carbine, carbines in general are supposed to be fairly short when compared to a full sized rifle and mainly saw use with infantry. IMO I would say remove the zoom, speed up reload, shorten the in game model, and cut the damage a bit. The last item on the list will handle said “nerf”

    -arquebes. Basically a long(physically and purpose) rifle made to shoot great distances. It could fill the roll of the pre nerfed carbine.

    the only weapon I could think of for siege weapons 

    - ballista, the ballista we currently have in the game is what’s commonly referred to as a scorpion ballista. I suggest adding a normal ballista that basically functions like a mortar, it fires large round stone balls that historically were sometimes filled with burning pitch or primitive explosives.

    these are my thoughts on gear that could be added to the game for the purpose of giving players more variety when engaging each other. Any and all feedback is welcome. All I ask is that it is kept clean and constructive so maybe the devs will read it.

    • Like 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    @Twitchy1992

    Nice post

         Only thing i can add off the top of my head, which I'm sure you could corroborate, is that flintlock pistols should double as clubs. The metal on the handle wasn't just intended for decoration, it was there in case you didn't have time to reload, powder got wet, missed, etc.

         Just configure it so that if the pistol is empty, a power hit (y + right trigger on console) initiates a massive torpor & damage swing...

         This could obviously be possible with the butt of the various rifles as well..

    Edited by Ranger1k

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    How many Kraken do i have to defeat solo beeing able to tame Dolphins ?

    How to protect my Dolphins ? A Stone Pen at the beach will certainly not stop the LOLstomping muhahahah authistic teenage boys ?

    Can we get an "Armored Dolphin Pen" maybe, so that these teenage authistic boys need at least some efforts to destroy other peoples work ?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    @Ranger1k that is indeed true, and slipped my mind when I wrote that post up. But I agree, having a good bludgeoning attack with a pistol would be a great idea. 

    • Like 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 hours ago, Twitchy1992 said:

    Made this post a bit a go but no one seemed keen on it. Just want devs to give a read and see if any thing tickles their fancy. 
     

     

    So as a firearms enthusiast and historic arms guy I was thinking the other day about how good of an opportunity grapeshot have with giving us all the awesome kit and kaboodle that Pirates had.

    So to start things off I’ll cover melee weapons, though in general I think that weapon skins would be awesome.

    - boarding axe, a one handed axe for the boarding party type of occasions, could do increased damage to ship structures.

    -rapier, basically the same as the cutlass we have in game but could focus on stabbing motions over slashing attacks for better armor penetration.

    Second up firearms. I think the biggest opportunity is here seeing as how pirates love their guns

    -duck foot pistol, was honestly surprised that this one isn’t In the game already. Has three-five barrels set on a horizontal axis that fires a scattered shot similar to a shotgun but instead of a cone it fired on a flat horizontal plane. 
     

    -hand blunderbuss, pretty simple. It’s a blunderbuss that’s in a small pistol configuration.

    -hand mortar, the ye olden grenade launcher of a sorts. Fires a explosive projectile in an arc much like a mortar, main use back in the day was to launch fireworks but some were used to fire small explosive shells.

    -turret rifle, the anti material rifle of muskets. Made to be mounted on walls and fire an egregiously large bullet at some poor soul hiding behind a shield. Could be used mounted or Shouldered but I imagine the user would be injured from such an attempt.

    -hydra rifle, the hydra pistol we currently have is what’s known as a revolving pepper box, the original concept for pepperboxes was a cluster of stationary barrels that could be fired one after the other. Either setup would be lovely to have in a rifle length weapon.

    lastly with the guns let’s talk about the carbine, carbines in general are supposed to be fairly short when compared to a full sized rifle and mainly saw use with infantry. IMO I would say remove the zoom, speed up reload, shorten the in game model, and cut the damage a bit. The last item on the list will handle said “nerf”

    -arquebes. Basically a long(physically and purpose) rifle made to shoot great distances. It could fill the roll of the pre nerfed carbine.

    the only weapon I could think of for siege weapons 

    - ballista, the ballista we currently have in the game is what’s commonly referred to as a scorpion ballista. I suggest adding a normal ballista that basically functions like a mortar, it fires large round stone balls that historically were sometimes filled with burning pitch or primitive explosives.

    these are my thoughts on gear that could be added to the game for the purpose of giving players more variety when engaging each other. Any and all feedback is welcome. All I ask is that it is kept clean and constructive so maybe the devs will read it.

    Your idea is very good, but you overlooked one point. There is almost no boarding battle in this game, because of the Swivel Gun, ramming gally can't install the Swivel Gun!
    I think ramming gally should be strengthened again.it need Swivel Gun.Its damage and crew and even weight-bearing problems also make its appearance rate very low.
    Don't make the attributes of a ship that can only use preset attributes so weak

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    14 hours ago, edee said:

    Your idea is very good, but you overlooked one point. There is almost no boarding battle in this game, because of the Swivel Gun, ramming gally can't install the Swivel Gun!
    I think ramming gally should be strengthened again.it need Swivel Gun.Its damage and crew and even weight-bearing problems also make its appearance rate very low.
    Don't make the attributes of a ship that can only use preset attributes so weak

        I had exactly the opposite experience in PvP last season. Unless something has changed, one of the most devastating aspects of battle was when a couple of tiny level 100s board the ship, hiding behind shields as big as their body, with 400+ hit points and blueprinted armor, and proceed to slice through your npcs on the swivels and sails...

        Usually took ~2 minutes for a ship to become dead in the water if you couldn't immediately repel the attackers. The swivels, when mounted on the deck for defense, generally performed poorly unless the attacker was naked and low level.

    Edited by Ranger1k

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    What? A god damn dolphin? What about fixing the claims?

    Or more importantly, how bout undo the wtf glider nerf. We never even got an explanation as to why some asshat decided it needed nerfing.

    Between the glider nerf and the abhorrent cost to build ships, this is more and more a farm sim. ONLY NOW WITH DOLPHINS!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    This could very well be true, but it is an aspect that could be worked on. I only added the things in my list based on how pirate like they are as far as kit and kaboodle. Maybe if the devs see my list and like it they will improve upon boarding mechanics and such. Ultimately I just want a fair bit more variety when it comes to weapon play between players.

    • Like 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    13 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

        I had exactly the opposite experience in PvP last season. Unless something has changed, one of the most devastating aspects of battle was when a couple of tiny level 100s board the ship, hiding behind shields as big as their body, with 400+ hit points and blueprinted armor, and proceed to slice through your npcs on the swivels and sails...

        Usually took ~2 minutes for a ship to become dead in the water if you couldn't immediately repel the attackers. The swivels, when mounted on the deck for defense, generally performed poorly unless the attacker was naked and low level.

    Three Swivel Guns can attack every position of the deck. I can only think of those dwarves hiding on the mast or drilling from the gun gate to the second deck to destroy it. I was indeed penetrated by the 1UP company.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

  • #1
    • mM Pirates
    #2
    • Tempest
    #3
    • The Federation
    #4
    • Shoreline Mafia
    #5
    • Behemoths
    #1
    • Memento Mori
    #2
    • JSG
    #3
    • Vestmar Dominion
    #4
    • BLACK SUN
    #5
    • DrunkenBears

    Click the Server Name to see The LIVE World Map!

×
×
  • Create New...