Our Public Test Realm is now live with our latest update, ready to be explored! This Captain’s Log will cut straight to it and provide details on how to join the fun and what to expect with this mega update.
New discoverable areas
First things first, this update adds some new explorable islands to the ATLAS, in addition to the Ice Dungeon. We’ll be placing these islands onto the existing ATLAS, without shifting any of the current islands or biomes around, which means a wipe will not be necessary.
However, we advise anyone who has currently left their boats afloat in these areas to set sail or risk your ship being grounded! We’ll update the current LIVE in-game ATLAS later today map with a clear visual marker highlighting where these islands will be, so you can safely navigate your ships away.
We’re adding a total of 5 unique islands across the entire ATLAS (with more to come in the future). These islands will make their way onto the PTR later today and will be home to the new Giant Tortugar, carrier turtle.
ptr patch notes
If you haven’t checked out all of the content, features and QoL changes we have coming to the PTR, dive into the patch notes below:
- New Cosmetics: Hydra Steering Wheel, Bone Skin Steering Wheel, Hydra Hide Armour Set, and Cyclops Heavy Armour Set
- New Offensive Structure: Torpedo Launcher (and torpedoes)
- New Boat Attachment: Cargo Racks
- New Cart Attachment: Large Storage Box
- New Tool: Fishing Net
- New Ballista Ammo Type: Boat Harpoon
- New Weapon: Spear Gun
- New Creature: Olfend
- New Creature: Giant Tortugar
- New Level: Ice Dungeon
- New Weapon: Crossbow
- New Structure: 3x4 Medium Gates
- New Structure: Ice Box - a high-insulation box for transporting ice. Has “active” mode that will drain ice but reduce surrounding temperature (reverse fire). Consumes less ice if “indoors”.
- New Resource: Ice - Generates over time in cold zones inside of the Ice Box. Decays relatively quickly if not in “insulated” storage. Can be consumed to reduce temperature and the half negative effects of armour weight debuffs for a short duration (15s per ice cube, max of 5 mins). Ice can be placed inside preserving bags to extend spoil times, and also lasts much longer in preserving bags. Relatively heavy.
- New Feature: Company-wide map markers
- New Feature: Company-wide announcement
- New Feature: Boats can now be unclaimed and claimed
- New Feature: Full gamepad support
- New Feat: Instant Hotbar Equip
- New Feat: Double Harvesting
- QOL: Structure Weights now displayed on items
- QOL: Revamped Skill Tree UI
- QOL: Players now have the option to turn dual wielding weapons off by holding the TAB key and the hotbar key to equip the new pistol, rather than duel wield it.
- QOL: The grill can now be attached to water pipes
- QOL: You can now use the F key as an option to pick up all items from the floor within a certain radius
- QOL: Gun hotbar equip time now scales (improves) with the various reloading skills
- QOL: Pressing the F key whilst driving the ship, now allows you to access it's inventory menu
- QOL: Adjusted 3rd person aiming so there is less likelihood of foliage clipping
- Fixed skills showing up in the wrong order on the skill tree
- Fixed a bug which prevented ships from reversing when they bumped into shores
- Fixed a bug where brain coral and fire coral were incorrectly labeled
- Reduced sickle damage against creatures and players
joining the ptr
For those who want to join in on the fun, follow the steps below to connect to our Official PTR Network.
Please note that this will be a PvP Unofficial realm with boosted 8x rates, with all skills unlocked. Including quest skills such as the submarine, torpedo, harvest boost and instant equip feat.
The ATLAS Public Test Realm is available to all players by opting into the Steam Beta branch. You can join the PTR by following these steps:
1) Right click on the ATLAS game in your steam library and select "properties"
2) Select the "Beta" tab on the popup as indicated below:
3) Locate publictestrealm in the drop down menu and select that.
4) Select close then launch ATLAS.
You may need to restart your Steam Clients to make sure you see the publictestrealm branch as a beta option.
We will be reopening our PTR Bug reporting channels on the Discord and here on the Forums to coincide with the launch of the PTR. Instructions on opting into the PTR Bug Report channel on the ATLAS Discord can be found in #discord_news.
Live Game Patch Notes!
While working on the mega patch, we are still continuing to iterate on the live game. These are the updates that the game has seen since our last Captain's Log.
CURRENT V104.91 - Crab can no longer throw characters when the weight of either/both carried characters is greater than the crab's maximum carry weight - Crab can no longer jump when it's carry weight is greater than 40% of its max weight v104.82 - Further enhancement and tweaks to skill tree UI v104.81 - Fixed a bug where quality specific equipment would display a multiplicative % stat increase and a flat stat increase, but only one would work. Going forward, the flat stat increase will be made obsolete and items will no longer be generated with it. Quality stated items will now only generate with the multiplicative stat bonus, and this change will be retroactive. - Fixed a bug where items would falsely state that they were providing a speed benefit (did not do anything). They should not generate anymore going forward - Magic Mythos 3x Holiday Weekend Event is now enabled on Official Servers: bonus 3x Harvest, XP, Taming, Crop growth, Gold multiplier, Breeding and Raising of creatures. v104.8 - Fixed a bug which prevented salted prime meat from generating in a preserving bag v104.78 - Fixed an edge case where some players were unaffected by the XP clamp 104.73 - Magic Mythos is now enabled on Official Servers: bonus 2x Harvest, XP, and Taming rates for the weekend. - Further optimisations for bUseNewStructureFoundationSupportChecks - Reduced the maximum and minimum amount of experience which can be earned via execution - Crafting Bonus on items is now capped at 60% on Official Servers - Any character which was above level 100 will now be reverted to level 100. - One time character respec for any character that had their XP reduced back to 100. - One time destruction of all crafted items with a crafting bonus of over 60% on Official Servers. - Grappling Hook 3rd Person view is now offset to the side when aiming. - New server Game.ini configs: [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] RemoveItemsOverCraftingSkillBonus = 0.6 MaximumCraftingSkillBonus = 0.6 OldPlayerDataMaxXP = 2956920.0 The above config options can be used to to cap the crafting skill bonus, destroy any items over the crafting skill bonus, and reduce player max experience to value on load. 104.65 - Optimized bUseNewStructureFoundationSupportChecks resulting in server performance gains and elimination of multiple stalls for structures. (These gains will be present on Official Servers) v104.61 - Creatures no longer require the desired temperature after they reach 10% maturity - Added scaling weapon slotting time by the reload skill (to align with the skill on the pistol) - Reload time on pistols is reduced to 60% when all three pistol skills have been acquired - 10% damage increase to pistols v104.57 - Fixed a bug with purchasing blueprints from Player Shops
Show 'n Tell
We’re still collecting entries for the Show ‘n Tell! So you have a little more time to astound us with your creations, be they your fleets, building designs, imaginative tatts, entertaining videos, original fan art or scenic screenshots. Don’t be shy and head to the submission thread for a chance to win some booty in the form of a cash prize!
Alrighty, that ’s it for this log! Thank you so much for becoming a part of our crew and we can't wait to show all you scallywags, landlubbers, captains, and seadogs what lies ahead!
For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information
Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Navigate ye olde Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame